Page 13 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by qbronco View Post
    Since you are so quick to judge may I please ask you go back and watch the past season. Focus your attention only on the interior line positions. Our players were pushed back (losing the line of scrimmage) on the majority of snaps-Paradis included. I am not one to put much faith in PFF ratings. I rely more on what my own two eyes tell me. Garcia played mostly Center in NCAA. I would be curious to see how he performed if given a chance there. He's a little bit bigger than Paradis, too. Given Paradis is also coming off bilateral hip surgery, we cannot assume he will be completely recovered by next season. I agree with you on his toughness. I do not question that.
    Garcia, played LT, LG, and Center in college. He played one season at center. I wouldnt say he mostly played center in college.

Since you are so quick to judge may I please ask you go back and watch the past season. Focus your attention only on the interior line positions. Our players were pushed back (losing the line of scrimmage) on the majority of snaps-Paradis included. I am not one to put much faith in PFF ratings. I rely more on what my own two eyes tell me. Garcia played mostly Center in NCAA. I would be curious to see how he performed if given a chance there. He's a little bit bigger than Paradis, too. Given Paradis is also coming off bilateral hip surgery, we cannot assume he will be completely recovered by next season. I agree with you on his toughness. I do not question that.
    So quick to judge? Okay lol. You said you were in the "minority" so I'm just agreeing with you on that. Yes I watch with my eyes as well, my man. Paradis was easily our best lineman last year and it isn't even a question. Schofield was arguably our second best, which is saying something and pretty sad at our OL as a group. Garcia is awful at LG and he struggled mightily last year. We need 3-4 new starters on the OL. Garcia, Okung, Stephenson, and Sambrailo got to go.

To say Paradis is the problem is ludicrous, when the OL as a whole was one of the worst in the league. Also given the fact that Paradis played with a major injury all year and hasn't missed a game in 2 years. I agree that he may not be ready in time for the season since he had 2 surgeries but I wouldn't hold that against him. I believe he'll be an awesome fit in our new scheme, which is a blend of zone and power.

Maybe Garcia will be better at C and he was given reps at C when a rookie, but he's not taking the job away from Paradis. Take that to the bank.

Steelers seem to have said that they will let timmons test the fa market.
    Any interest?
    If it came down to timmons or hightower who would be your choice?
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Any interest?
    I would love Hightower but he'll likely cost a pretty penny. I wouldn't mind Timmons and his experience/leadership. You can never have too much leadership in the locker room and on the field.

Any interest?
    Can I pass on both? I want to stay young on defense, not get older. I want a draft pick Manning the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Other notable guys who could get cut that would help us are:

DL Shariff Floyd- I liked him a lot coming out of college. He played only one game last season due to injury and Minnesota may cut him soon.

OT Jason Peters- 33 and has injury issues. Probably not gunna happen.

OT Doug Free- could come in and immediately help at RT.

OC Kelce- We have Paradis, but as fans we don't know his prognosis. Maybe Elway has an idea if we need a C.
    I've been championing for Doug Free and Ronald Leary for the longest time

Can I pass on both? I want to stay young on defense, not get older. I want a draft pick Manning the middle.
    Timmons supposedly had started every game the past 6 years. People dont want to loose ware's influence and maybe thats a way not to.

Realistically speaking what ilb can be drafted that could fill the role better than either one of those 2? I say that because i dont see us being able to move up past #9 to get foster and i dont see him slipping much if at all

I can understand the age arguement but younger doesnt always mean better
    Last edited by armedequation; 02-17-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Timmons supposedly had started every game the past 6 years. People dont want to loose ware's influence and maybe thats a way not to.

Realistically speaking what ilb can be drafted that could fill the role better than either one of those 2? I say that because i dont see us being able to move up past #9 to get foster and i dont see him slipping much if at all

I can understand the age arguement but younger doesnt always mean better
    I personally think Jarrad Davis will end up being the best ILB in the draft. It's just a feeling I have. I have been a big advocate of drafting him at 20.

I like Timmons, do the get me wrong, but I want to go younger. He is on the tail end of his career. While he may be good for a year or so, I think longevity is what we need now. We have been needing an impact ILB for a long time.

Davis can be that guy. He may not be the perfect LB year 1, but he is a thumper in the run game and has speed to cover. With coaching from Kollar he could developed into a stud. He is already a stud against the run.

You could see it in Timmons play last year and rotoworld mentions it, he has become a liability. He's not as fast as he use to be and wouldn't be a 3 down lber. I'll pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    You could see it in Timmons play last year and rotoworld mentions it, he has become a liability. He's not as fast as he use to be and wouldn't be a 3 down lber. I'll pass on him.

If thats the case then we dont need another 2 down lb, we already have that in davis (todd for any misconceptions).

I will admit that other than flowda touting davis, i havent looked into him at all...
    Last edited by armedequation; 02-17-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Garcia, played LT, LG, and Center in college. He played one season at center. I wouldnt say he mostly played center in college.
    I stand corrected. Off the top of my head, I thought he played two years at Center. I apologize for the misinformation.

I stand corrected. Off the top of my head, I thought he played two years at Center. I apologize for the misinformation.
    Max Garcia played LT at Maryland in 2011. He played LG/LT at Florida in 2013. He played the Center position at Florida thirteen games in 2014 and was second team All-SEC at that spot.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Max Garcia played LT at Maryland in 2011. He played LG/LT at Florida in 2013. He played the Center position at Florida thirteen games in 2014 and was second team All-SEC at that spot.
    Everytime i hear maxs name it makes me think of cherry garcia...
    Dont know why but yeah..mmm ice cream
    Glen Haven Fire

I personally think Jarrad Davis will end up being the best ILB in the draft. It's just a feeling I have. I have been a big advocate of drafting him at 20.

I like Timmons, do the get me wrong, but I want to go younger. He is on the tail end of his career. While he may be good for a year or so, I think longevity is what we need now. We have been needing an impact ILB for a long time.

Davis can be that guy. He may not be the perfect LB year 1, but he is a thumper in the run game and has speed to cover. With coaching from Kollar he could developed into a stud. He is already a stud against the run.
    If Reuben Foster falls out of the Top 10, the Broncos should jump on it. Elway was working the phones a couple of years ago for CJ Moseley. Foster is even better. He has speed to cover, physicality in the run game, instincts to hit gaps and sideline to sideline. He's vocal as hell, a born leader and played in the best conference in college football. He's a once in a decade LB. If he's within 10-12, and with all those picks we have, Elway will strongly consider. GET HIM!!

RAY -- FOSTER. -- MARSHALL. - MILLER

Damn that's sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    If Reuben Foster falls out of the Top 10, the Broncos should jump on it. Elway was working the phones a couple of years ago for CJ Moseley. Foster is even better. He has speed to cover, physicality in the run game, instincts to hit gaps and sideline to sideline. He's vocal as hell, a born leader and played in the best conference in college football. He's a once in a decade LB. If he's within 10-12, and with all those picks we have, Elway will strongly consider. GET HIM!!

RAY -- FOSTER. -- MARSHALL. - MILLER

Damn that's sweet!!
    I would not be upset as long as we do the give up future picks. That's all I want to avoid. From 20 to 10 is a big jump.