Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2399
    TS and Lynch are both interesting cases because it is so hard to get a feel for them and their potential.

TS looked really good in the first quarter of the season, then got a terrible shoulder injury that clearly hindered him in a big way.

Lynch looked good coming in against TB then struggled, but I loved this kid in college and it was clear pre-draft that he needed a few years in an NFL system before being ready.

They also both played with zero running game after CJ went down and a terrible OL. It is easy for someone like Prescott to look good when he has Zeke gaining 5 yards a carry and an OL that lets him have 5-6 seconds to hit his 4th/5th receiver, TS and PL were in as bad a situation as you can get on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs like people inside the Cowboys building do but I really think they are screwing him over by not releasing him.

They must know by now they are not getting a trade for him.......... and certainly nothing more then a 5th or conditional. After everything he has giving that organisation its just plain wrong holding onto him. I would like to think the Broncos would act with more class.

He could have visited teams by now and picked who he wanted to play for. By the time he is released the draft may have happened and teams like the Broncos and Texans may have decided to move on.
    Tony Romo is under contract through 2019 and is guaranteed $55 million on the six year deal. If he is released, Dallas is still on the hook for a large sum. If he is traded, I think they still owe him which would count against the cap. Maybe someone would be so kind as to explain it more clearly, but that is my basic understanding.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I hate these dull periods. I want some football news. I want to hear a big trade or signing. I need football . in my life.
    "Broncos spend rest of cap money on big contract on King Dunlap in huge gamble of a career turnover. Dunlap was reported to be laughing hysterically as he signed the contract offer."

There. Or something like that anyways
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    "Broncos spend rest of cap money on big contract on King Dunlap in huge gamble of a career turnover. Dunlap was reported to be laughing hysterically as he signed the contract offer."

There. Or something like that anyways
    Haha that would be horrible. Maybe I should have said "reasonable" news.

TS and Lynch are both interesting cases because it is so hard to get a feel for them and their potential.

TS looked really good in the first quarter of the season, then got a terrible shoulder injury that clearly hindered him in a big way.

Lynch looked good coming in against TB then struggled, but I loved this kid in college and it was clear pre-draft that he needed a few years in an NFL system before being ready.

They also both played with zero running game after CJ went down and a terrible OL. It is easy for someone like Prescott to look good when he has Zeke gaining 5 yards a carry and an OL that lets him have 5-6 seconds to hit his 4th/5th receiver, TS and PL were in as bad a situation as you can get on offense.
    This is what I disagree with, he played very well in both the 1st KC game, the Tenn game, and Oak game to finish off the last Qrt of the season. There were other reasons than TS on why we lost the 1st KC game and the Tenn game. Norwood did not help out in the NE game either.

KC game was ugly, but outside of that, think he was pretty good the last 5 games of the year. The 1st 4 games back from the injury is where he struggled IMO.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    The only thing he's implying is that Tony is a more talented and proven quarterback in the NFL than Trevor. If we're throwing injuries out the window, there is absolutely no competition. But, an injury to Tony is likely. So, there's Trevor's chance. Assuming he doesn't get hurt, himself.
    Just find all this assumptive. At his age, given mostly two years off from the grind of a full season, there is nothing factual about his QB skills right now. 2013 may not seem that far away, but Matt Schaub was pretty decent in 2012. Not everyone can play past 35.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    This is what I disagree with, he played very well in both the 1st KC game, the Tenn game, and Oak game to finish off the last Qrt of the season. There were other reasons than TS on why we lost the 1st KC game and the Tenn game. Norwood did not help out in the NE game either.

KC game was ugly, but outside of that, think he was pretty good the last 5 games of the year. The 1st 4 games back from the injury is where he struggled IMO.
    Yep he had good games along the way but struggled against Tenn, NE, KC second game. There were a lot of bright spots with TS but he admitted after the season that the shoulder injury was tough to get through so I wonder how good he would have progressed without the injury

My recollection is Siemian played pretty well at the start of the season, then got hurt and missed a week. When he came back he didn't play very well for a while, started playing better, then got hurt again. He missed another week, came back and didn't play well for another few games then started playing better again.

It could be a coincidence, but there seemed to be a pattern of him playing well, getting hurt, not playing well, then playing better again.

He played well the second half against KC. Played well in the last 3 possessions of the Tennessee game, and had an nice managing role game against Oakland. Not sure what you're seeing besides the KC game. He had a really great half. A few very nice series here and there. That's about it after his injury.

The fact that he played terribly in the first half against two of those three teams should not be ignored when discussing those games. Put up 3 points in those first halves combined.

I'm not saying that he can't be a productive quarterback one day if he can stay healthy. I'm just saying, he wasn't good once he came back for more than a half at a time. Was that because of his injury, scouting, or natural inconsistency? Even as someone who isn't necessarily sold on Trevor like some here are, I'm willing to admit I don't know the answer to that question. If he is our starting qb next year, of course I'll root just as hard for him as I would any qb of ours.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.

I think this O has some dangerous weapons at receiver, promising TE's, and a good running game with a healthy CJ and Booker coming into his second year. Love the Leary signing and Garcia will be much better at RG imo. We still need to find a LT and hopefully will at some point.

Put Romo on this offense and it becomes legit.

We lost to Tennessee by giving up 13 points and NE when giving up 16. If Romo was playing those would have been 2 wins.

I think this O has some dangerous weapons at receiver, promising TE's, and a good running game with a healthy CJ and Booker coming into his second year. Love the Leary signing and Garcia will be much better at RG imo. We still need to find a LT and hopefully will at some point.

We lost to Tennessee by giving up 13 points and NE when giving up 16. If Romo was playing those would have been 2 wins.
    I'm not advocating for Romo. I honestly hope he signs with Houston. But, what JJ is doing is wrong. He makes a public spectacle about how he loves Romo and wants to do right by him, and then holds him hostage.

I just wonder why the NFLPA or Romo's agent haven't started making some noise? There is going to be a whole new offense to install no matter where he ends up. A new playbook to learn. The more time idle, the more it hurts Romo.

I'm not saying we go undefeated or we lose to no one but the ATL and first SD game would probably have been wins with romo. The raiders beat us bad the first game because the offense kept stalling and having 3 and outs and they just ran the ball down our throats. We control that clock better maybe even put some points on the board in the first half we may have a better outcome. Same with the first KC game our defense held their offense to less than 100 yards total but we went into the half trailing. Games like the second KC game where it seems like we may need a shootout or a late game rally we would have a chance to win.

Alot of our losses and close games were due to us wasting the first half effort our defense would put up and not closing these games out early by putting points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He played well the second half against KC. Played well in the last 3 possessions of the Tennessee game, and had an nice managing role game against Oakland. Not sure what you're seeing besides the KC game. He had a really great half. A few very nice series here and there. That's about it after his injury.

The fact that he played terribly in the first half against two of those three teams should not be ignored when discussing those games. Put up 3 points in those first halves combined.

I'm not saying that he can't be a productive quarterback one day if he can stay healthy. I'm just saying, he wasn't good once he came back for more than a half at a time. Was that because of his injury, scouting, or natural inconsistency? Even as someone who isn't necessarily sold on Trevor like some here are, I'm willing to admit I don't know the answer to that question. If he is our starting qb next year, of course I'll root just as hard for him as I would any qb of ours.
    KC game

3rd and 1, Booker no gain Punt
    3rd and 4 Sacked Punt
    3rd and 1 Booker losses a yard Punt
    1st and 10 KC 47, holding on OL, sack, draw play, sack...punt

Those were pretty much the drives up to the safety then FG. Not sure there is much TS could do on 3rd and 1 to keep the chains moving. OL was getting abused too.

Tens game he was not sharpe in the 1st half, but once again 3rd and 1 stuff and a fumble by Forsett stalled 2 drives. We ran the ball 9 times for 18 yards also.

I am in no way saying TS was great. He had consistency issues and needs to work on his drops. However, he did play well for the most part over the last 5 games. The offense in general did not, but that was a shared responsibility.

The encouraging sign for those TS supporters is his supposed tremendous growing between his rookie and sophomore seasons.

He's atheletic enough, his arm is strong enough, that when you consider his greatest asset -- his intelligence -- and you integrate that with his professionalism and work ethic he's shown his first 2 NFL seasons....

Well, it's certainly reasonable to expect a continued upward trajectory. Regardless of where one believes that will lead to ultimately, when considering his ceiling, I do believe that TS can step into the huddle next year and lead this offense with some surprising success.

Now, does this mean he'll be a top 20 QB? Or that he'll carry this team? I doubt it. But, can he game manage and make plays,
    Win a few games in the fourth quarter? Sure.

In other words, I don't think TS will
    Be the problem Next season. It boils down to the OL, RB and TE corps. Their combined production last season was abysmal.

In the long run, I think TS is a Chad Pennington type.

KC game

3rd and 1, Booker no gain Punt
    3rd and 4 Sacked Punt
    3rd and 1 Booker losses a yard Punt
    1st and 10 KC 47, holding on OL, sack, draw play, sack...punt

Those were pretty much the drives up to the safety then FG. Not sure there is much TS could do on 3rd and 1 to keep the chains moving. OL was getting abused too.

Tens game he was not sharpe in the 1st half, but once again 3rd and 1 stuff and a fumble by Forsett stalled 2 drives. We ran the ball 9 times for 18 yards also.

I am in no way saying TS was great. He had consistency issues and needs to work on his drops. However, he did play well for the most part over the last 5 games. The offense in general did not, but that was a shared responsibility.
    Nothing you just said shows me that he played well for an entire game. He did not play well for almost the entire titans game. Did not play well against the patriots. Even if it was because of the situations, he still didn't play well in the first half of the chiefs game. He did fine against the raiders. And played terribly against the chiefs the second time. Not sure how you can say he played well for most of the last 5 games.