Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Jimmy Garopplo

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,941
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

    In a move that will have a ripple effect on all QB-needy teams, Patriots are not expected to trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per league sources.
    Which means "until some idiot GM gives up a 1st (and his job) for him".

    This wildfire that Bill B starts for these garbage players and coaches is nothing short of legendary. The best players you ever get from them are the ones no one has ever heard of like the TE we got from them. If the media is constantly speaking of them, buyer beware, it may cost a HC and GM their jobs

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Which means "until some idiot GM gives up a 1st (and his job) for him".

    This wildfire that Bill B starts for these garbage players and coaches is nothing short of legendary. The best players you ever get from them are the ones no one has ever heard of like the TE we got from them. If the media is constantly speaking of them, buyer beware, it may cost a HC and GM their jobs
    Just another reason why BB is the GOAT. He makes mediocre players and coaches look superb and absolutely hoses teams in trade value. Ha
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    11,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Just another reason why BB is the GOAT. He makes mediocre players and coaches look superb and absolutely hoses teams in trade value. Ha
    He's not even the best HC right now IMO. I think Pete Carroll is

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,519
    I think this Garoppolo to Cleveland deal has serious life! Cleveland has a ton of quality draft picks over the next 2 seasons, including 3 firsts and 5 seconds, and The Pats just traded away a 2nd for DE Kony Ealy and a 3rd. They might like to get that pick back and more, in terms of quality.

    I'd love to see this deal go down! I think it would make Cleveland a decent team again, and it would take away The Pats' QB for the future.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,384
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think this Garoppolo to Cleveland deal has serious life! Cleveland has a ton of quality draft picks over the next 2 seasons, including 3 firsts and 5 seconds, and The Pats just traded away a 2nd for DE Kony Ealy and a 3rd. They might like to get that pick back and more, in terms of quality.

    I'd love to see this deal go down! I think it would make Cleveland a decent team again, and it would take away The Pats' QB for the future.
    If it was just a second I would like the trade for both sides, however, I fear Cleveland is gonna get hosed for a 1st and a couple 2nds.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,639
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I think this Garoppolo to Cleveland deal has serious life! Cleveland has a ton of quality draft picks over the next 2 seasons, including 3 firsts and 5 seconds, and The Pats just traded away a 2nd for DE Kony Ealy and a 3rd. They might like to get that pick back and more, in terms of quality.

    I'd love to see this deal go down! I think it would make Cleveland a decent team again, and it would take away The Pats' QB for the future.
    I highly doubt it and it would not make "Cleveland a decent team again" because they have never been a decent team. Since joining the league in 1999, they have had only one playoff appearance.

    This Garoppolo thing will not happen because:

    1: Moneyball is in charge in Cleveland and he likes to save money. He has never made a splash in free agency. Name one major signing through free agency that Cleveland has made since he took over last year. Name ONE. There isn't one. Robert Griffith III hardly is a "top free agency" signing and wasn't a major event even last year - everyone knew he was a has-been and the news of the signing wasn't well received.

    2. Patriot backups have never fared well with other teams. Look at Hoyer, look at Cassel, and look at Mallet. None of them have found major success outside of New England. It's just like the whole entire Matt Flynn craze a few years ago.

    3. The Patriots are on record as stating they are not open to trading him. They want to keep him.

    All of these combined with #3 show that any team that does happen to get the Patriots to change their mind will do so at a very high cost. A cost that will backfire on them. Say, for instance that the team in Cleveland does what you are clamoring for. They send two first round draft picks to New England for Garoppolo. He comes in and does exactly what Matt Flynn did in Seattle and Oakland - which is nothing. The Patriots are flying high with those draft picks and that idiotic team in Cleveland has a repeat of 2016.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,519
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    If it was just a second I would like the trade for both sides, however, I fear Cleveland is gonna get hosed for a 1st and a couple 2nds.
    Yes, it will take 2 picks at least, unless they sell the farm with their #1 overall......but no way they will, given who they are expected to select with that pick. Maybe their other 1st, and a 2nd. Preferably 2 seconds.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,384
    Didn't the Browns just sign Zeitler? They also extend Joel Bitinio who has the potential to be the best LG in the league. They signed JC Tretter who when healthy, is very talented. They are building a very good offensive line, which is a good start. They have an absurd amount of draft picks to add players as well. I understand the skepticism, but they're in great position to build a nice team.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,384
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yes, it will take 2 picks at least, unless they sell the farm with their #1 overall......but no way they will, given who they are expected to select with that pick. Maybe their other 1st, and a 2nd. Preferably 2 seconds.
    I think just giving up the #12 pick would qualify as getting hosed, but that's just my opinion. I think the Browns have a tremendous opportunity to add talent to their team and let it grow behind a vet QB. They could even go with Oz for the year, and if he somehow turns it around they look like geniuses. Keep building the squad and add a QB when you have the talent to support him imo.

    Edit: if they're considering giving up the #12 pick, it should be Kirk Cousins they're receiving
    Last edited by JJBroncoFan; 03-10-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,639
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Didn't the Browns just sign Zeitler? They signed JC Tretter who when healthy, is very talented. They are building a very good offensive line, which is a good start. They have an absurd amount of draft picks to add players as well. I understand the skepticism, but they're in great position to build a nice team.
    I've never even heard of this Tretter. So, that there shows the quality of that signing. Looking online I see he started a whole 10 games in four years. That's some real quality there. (rolling eyes) Building a "very good offensive line". They had a good offensive line - do you know what happened to it? They cut and traded them. Alex Mack sound familiar? He used to be Cleveland's center. I guarantee you that Tretter is no Mack. It's not "skepticism" it is knowing that they are trash and will will stay trash with their current front office and owner.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,639
    Also, once again, trading for Garoppolo would take their entire draft as evidenced here:

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...cid=spartanntp

    Bill Bellichick won't trade Garoppolo even for four first round picks. So, that team in Cleveland may be able to get Garoppolo if they give up both first rounders this year, both second rounders this year, a first next year, and maybe a second next year as well. In order for him to be worth as much as the Patriots want, he'd have to make Tom Brady look like Ryan Leaf and that is not in the realm of reality - that is impossible.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Houston would never over pay for a QB...
    This made me laugh out loud. Literally.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    6,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I've never even heard of this Tretter. So, that there shows the quality of that signing. Looking online I see he started a whole 10 games in four years. That's some real quality there. (rolling eyes) Building a "very good offensive line". They had a good offensive line - do you know what happened to it? They cut and traded them. Alex Mack sound familiar? He used to be Cleveland's center. I guarantee you that Tretter is no Mack. It's not "skepticism" it is knowing that they are trash and will will stay trash with their current front office and owner.
    I think you have crossed from skepticism into downright pessimistic. Tretter is very talented, injury is his concern. Is he Alex Mack? No, he is not, they felt Mack was too rich, probably wrong there. Zeitler is arguably the best RG in the league, the Browns should have a very strong line. They could use some of those picks to improve the defense and add some "skill position" players.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,599
    The price tag for Jimmy G right now is so far over the top that it makes fans laugh. The hype is building just as we knew it would, and it will only build between now and the draft.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,519
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    The price tag for Jimmy G right now is so far over the top that it makes fans laugh. The hype is building just as we knew it would, and it will only build between now and the draft.
    The Pats are going to play this one out. They may never trade him, but may be lured if the compensation gets out of touch with reality. If Cleveland can acquire him for reasonable bait, I say go for it. Otherwise, if I was them, I'd explore other options, and wait Belichick out.

    As a quick aside.....how are folks in Chicago handling Cutler's release? He could still be a starter somewhere, but I think it was time for you to part with him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •