Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Murph's Offseason Moves

(Copied and paste from another forum)

We should cut Okung and Stephenson. This would save $13.9 million buy cutting them. Not that I'm saying Beachum is better than Okung but you could get him for around $6 million and he'll prob be just as good as Okung was last year( assuming he is healthy). That would leave $8 million leave over from the two cuts. You could get a RT like Wagner for $8 million a year.

Solved and improved our tackles without having to use any of our projected $35-40 cap space. Just with the money we save by cutting our current tackles. If the NFL does increase the cap space by $10 million we will be sitting at $45-50 million. We could easily sign Campbell for $10 million per year, Vance Walker $2 million per year, Tony Romo( I know I'll get crap for) $12-$14 million with an injury clause and a opt out after 1 year clause, Warford to $8 million, and a guy like Kamar Aikens for $3-4 million. We would have used up $38 million right there with these signing. Leaving plenty left over.

Draft
    1st Round -RB Christian McCaffrey
    2nd Round- OG Forrest Lamp
    3rd Round - DT/ILB doesn't matter to me.

Don't really know anyone outside the first two rounds haha

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post

Don't really know anyone outside the first two rounds haha
    Sound like you may be qualified as a scout for the Browns...live the dream!

I would love to land Beachum and Albert (from Mia) to play LT and RT...would really really open up the draft for us to grab OT a little later if we see a raw guy with a high ceiling.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Sound like you may be qualified as a scout for the Browns...live the dream!.
    Hahah still like my chances of doing better.

Hahah still like my chances of doing better.
    As for 3rd round, there are a few guys we could target and maneuver around the round to get them. Guys I like in the positions you specified are DT Charles Walker, DT Nazair Jones, LB Hassan Reddick, LB Raekwon Wilson, and LB Anthony Walker.

I usually don't bother until I see the combine for the later part of the draft. Too many players that will move up and down to make predictions right now.

I usually don't bother until I see the combine for the later part of the draft. Too many players that will move up and down to make predictions right now.
    Very true, but the same can be said for FA as in contract amounts.

I'd be shocked if Lamp makes it to the 2nd round, but it'd be awesome if we drafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    As for 3rd round, there are a few guys we could target and maneuver around the round to get them. Guys I like in the positions you specified are DT Charles Walker, DT Nazair Jones, LB Hassan Reddick, LB Raekwon Wilson, and LB Anthony Walker.
    Ive seen reddick mocked more in late first and second than anywhere in the 3rd. If he lasted to the 3rd and we got him, i would be happy with that
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Ive seen reddick mocked more in late first and second than anywhere in the 3rd. If he lasted to the 3rd and we got him, i would be happy with that
    I would be shocked if Reddick got out of the first round unless he tests, interviews poorly. Even if we could move up in the 2nd round if he falls there I would happy to do that. Wilson, Charles Walker, and Anthony Walker should be there in the 2-3 round range available to us. Forrest Lamp probably goes before our 2nd round pick, he might be our first round pick if Elway wants OL in the first round.

He's been all over in a lot of places. Walterfootball.com has him in the 3rd right now. I'm just saying we have plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I would be shocked if Reddick got out of the first round unless he tests, interviews poorly. Even if we could move up in the 2nd round if he falls there I would happy to do that. Wilson, Charles Walker, and Anthony Walker should be there in the 2-3 round range available to us. Forrest Lamp probably goes before our 2nd round pick, he might be our first round pick if Elway wants OL in the first round.
    I guess at this point i prefer bolles vs lamp. At this point it seems like there are a lot more defensive options vs offensive options in fa. There are good fa guys to target for o line but theres just as many teams that need them too.

Im torn on how to go about it. Say we make a splash in fa for defense and get maybe richardson, a nosetackle and timmons. Then go after bolles, pocic(sp) and moton in draft but that still leaves tackle as a problem.

I dont know if i trust the o line staff to draft and develop after what we have seen the past few years...
    Glen Haven Fire

I guess at this point i prefer bolles vs lamp. At this point it seems like there are a lot more defensive options vs offensive options in fa. There are good fa guys to target for o line but theres just as many teams that need them too.

Im torn on how to go about it. Say we make a splash in fa for defense and get maybe richardson, a nosetackle and timmons. Then go after bolles, pocic(sp) and moton in draft but that still leaves tackle as a problem.

I dont know if i trust the o line staff to draft and develop after what we have seen the past few years...
    That's why we will and should go after OL in FA. Get Wagner and one of the top 3 gaurds. Re-sign Okung or pickup Beachum. Then trade for Richardson. Then we can focus on NT and ILB in the draft.

Question: Does Denver really want a NT? Or do they want a DL that is decent at run stop but is still more of a pass rush threat? Montravius Adams may be available in RD 2

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Question: Does Denver really want a NT? Or do they want a DL that is decent at run stop but is still more of a pass rush threat? Montravius Adams may be available in RD 2
    What do you think about getting Elijah Qualls in the 3rd round? Ive heard good things about him and how he is a beast at stopping the run
    Last edited by Murph2432; 02-17-2017 at 12:25 PM.

What do you think about getting Elijah Qualls in the 3rd round? Ive heard good things about him and how he is a beast at stopping the run
    Jarron Jones, NT, Notre Dame , Carlos Watkins, NT, Clemson or Ejijah Qualls could all be great run stoppers. If that is what Denver wants these guys look like a great fit