Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 145
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,771
    So what the heck was Tyler Polumbus talking about this morning when he said if the Broncos were to sign Andrew Whitworth over Okung, they would be doing a disservice to themselves.

    He also goes on to say that Denver would be better served trying to renegotiate Russell Okungs deal and re-signing him before Andrew Whitworth.

    Does anybody here have an objection to those comments?

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Please adhere to the COC and stay on topic!!!!


    • Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
    Were this the general forums this would certainly apply. It's smack and you are being trolled in a thread started to be anti-Pats.

    Ironic, no?

    You can't smack (using an exclusive thread) and expect not to get smacked back.

    We could talk about unicorns instead - everybody loves unicorns...


  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Were this the general forums this would certainly apply. It's smack and you are being trolled in a thread started to be anti-Pats.

    Ironic, no?

    You can't smack (using an exclusive thread) and expect not to get smacked back.

    We could talk about unicorns instead - everybody loves unicorns...

    I really don't think it's a whole lot to ask to have one thread...just one, where they leave us alone though. Regardless of what section of the forums we are on.

    We need a freaking break from it every now and then.


  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really don't think it's a whole lot to ask to have one thread...just one, where they leave us alone though. Regardless of what section of the forums we are on.

    We need a freaking break from it every now and then.
    I agree, this is our smack section and we should be able to discuss anything other than the pans yet we can't because they come in a throw they're pans in there every time no matter what the conversation is...

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I agree, this is our smack section and we should be able to discuss anything other than the pans yet we can't because they come in a throw they're pans in there every time no matter what the conversation is...
    Yup...We start a thread bashing how bad the Chargers suck, five posts later we're being told we have no room to talk because our team doesn't have 5 superbowl championships. (which is patriot talk for I suck at talking smack so i'm just going to throw that up repeatedly like it actually means something to you)


  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    quotes showing you did so
    isn't that exactly what i just said?


    meanwhile, by what parameter's are you judging a pressure that results in a incompletion is better than a sack...both end a play

    but a sack loses yards at minimum...so a sack that results in a lost down is always 100% better than a incompletion...because of the lost yardage

    same can be said for an int...your insisting a pressure can lead to a INT which is better than a sack...but then is it not true that a sack can also lead to a turnover...we can ask Cam newton about that...you think the broncos would have been better off with a deep int, then have to drive it in

    or a strip sack that resulted in a TD

    your going around and around for three years to justify your insistence that Melvin was a top 10 pass rusher based off his fantasy pressures stat story

    I could use your straw man aurguement to

    a qb that simply throws hail Mary long deep passes...can be better that a west coast offense...because the cbs will tire and commit PI, and the offense can score quick

    we know that's not true...but for an play here and there a long ball is better that a dink...that's what your doing...taking the thousand times a pressure (or hail mary) has zero effect on a game...and insisting that it CAN be better that a sack ( or short passing game) because every now and then, it results in a turnover ( hail mary TD
    )
    you clearly did not click the link i provided you. you are trying to tell me in the underlined that a QB pressure has absolutely no effect except for 1 out of 1000 times it happens and that is factually incorrect and straight up ridiculous to even say.

    first of all, how many pressures do you think von miller has in a season? thousands?

    https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...-hurries/2016/

    try only 29 last year, the exact same amount ingram had. yet going by your theory, with that few amount of pressures, how does von miller have so much of an impact on a game? not only that but i love how the website describes "hurries" (same thing as pressures by the way)

    Sporting Charts explains Hurries
    A quarterback hurry is counted when a defender either forces a quarterback out of the pocket or pressures the throw. It doesn't necessarily mean that the defender actually forced the quarterback to make a bad throw. Hurries are often a good indicator of a team's pass rush. Just because a player is not getting sacks, it does not mean he is not a good pass rusher, because hurrying the quarterback into a poor decision can be just as effective.
    https://www.sportingcharts.com/dicti...l/hurries.aspx

    you would think i wrote that description, huh? you better send them some e mails telling them how wrong they are arapaho, oh and after that start e mailing the PFF scouts and tell them how wrong they are as well.

    but back to the pff link that has some pretty hard data which you conveniently ignored.

    Pressure vs. No Pressure 2012:



    that is from 2012 yes but of course that data can be applied to any year because it's not going to change drastically.

    yet you want to compare a QB pressure to a hail mary? to say that argument is like comparing apples to oranges would be an understatement. it's an argument built on sheer ignorance to the subject.

    nuff said? or do you want me to smack you around some more?
    Last edited by baphamet; 02-22-2017 at 12:46 PM.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really don't think it's a whole lot to ask to have one thread...just one, where they leave us alone though. Regardless of what section of the forums we are on.

    We need a freaking break from it every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I agree, this is our smack section and we should be able to discuss anything other than the pans yet we can't because they come in a throw they're pans in there every time no matter what the conversation is...
    Well boys, we are not going to have a counseling session here in the smack thread. While I appreciate what you are saying it's smack here 25 hours a day, 8 days a week - we don't even have locks on the doors, so...

    Perhaps consider starting a thread about something, anything to smack about without singling out what you don't want to discuss. That just seems to be an invitation doesn't it?

    If you think there is an issue that needs to be addressed, please contact the staff via PM or use the Community Issues forum.


  8. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    30,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really don't think it's a whole lot to ask to have one thread...just one, where they leave us alone though. Regardless of what section of the forums we are on.

    We need a freaking break from it every now and then.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,811
    How do you get a larger avatar and sig? I want mine to take up the entire page. I like to occasionally smell my own farts. Thanks in advance.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    Please adhere to the COC and stay on topic!!!!


    • Material that impedes or otherwise prohibits communication; disrupts the discussion including, without limitation, using fan names in topical boards that are offensive to the topic, the team, the sport and/or its fans, and repeatedly posting off-topic messages in a topical message board.
    Why are you so upset, kid?

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So what the heck was Tyler Polumbus talking about this morning when he said if the Broncos were to sign Andrew Whitworth over Okung, they would be doing a disservice to themselves.

    He also goes on to say that Denver would be better served trying to renegotiate Russell Okungs deal and re-signing him before Andrew Whitworth.

    Does anybody here have an objection to those comments?
    Look at the source. Polumbus was average at best when he played....

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan4ever View Post
    Why are you so upset, kid?

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Were this the general forums this would certainly apply. It's smack and you are being trolled in a thread started to be anti-Pats.

    Ironic, no?

    You can't smack (using an exclusive thread) and expect not to get smacked back.

    We could talk about unicorns instead - everybody loves unicorns...

    IN LATE 2012, the North Korean regime made a rather bizarre announcement, even by the standards of the North Korean regime. According to The Guardian, the country’s archaeologists had discovered “the lair of one of the unicorns ridden by the ancient Korean King Tongmyong,” just 600 feet from a temple in the capital city. What might have tipped the scientists off was, no joke, the words “Unicorn Lair” written right in front of the damn thing.


    But a week later, The Guardian ran a second article with a frank admission. “There is only one problem with the story,” they wrote. “It isn’t exactly true.” North Korea’s claim was in fact referring to the kirin, a mythical creature not too dissimilar from the unicorn, with the same hoofed, quadruped look but sometimes having two horns instead of one. But eccentricities of the North Korean regime aside, why is it that the unicorn, or a unicorn-like beast, pervades both Asian and European cultures?

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,206
    One of the joys of this message board (compared to so many others) is the freedom and range provided under the CoC. One of the core tenets of freedom is tolerance.

    That's not to say that these Pats trolls are afforded the privilege to graffiti up our board with trolling idiocy, just that it's borderline "smack" (as the lamest and most pathetic of definition). The sad thing is, they're trolls...not posters looking for honest smack.

    I wish there was a setting, whereby when someone gets neg'd enough, their font size switches to something like this. Something noticeably embarrassing that people can just laugh at. Hey, they should still be allowed to post pursuant to CoC guidelines...just deflate their noise level.

    Wee hav 5 ringz - we know cheet. U suk. This is as loud as I can troll.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I really don't think it's a whole lot to ask to have one thread...just one, where they leave us alone though. Regardless of what section of the forums we are on.

    We need a freaking break from it every now and then.
    There's a little "X" in the top right hand side of your screen. I promise you, if you click it, they can't bother you lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •