Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2017 Colorado Rockies

Is anyone else getting excited for this season? I think this is the first time I've been really excited about Rockies Baseball since 2008. I don't follow baseball really closely, but it seems like the Rockies have been more active this off-season than I remember them ever being.

I would love to hear some baseball junkies viewpoint on this upcoming season and what their expectations are!
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Is anyone else getting excited for this season? I think this is the first time I've been really excited about Rockies Baseball since 2008. I don't follow baseball really closely, but it seems like the Rockies have been more active this off-season than I remember them ever being.

I would love to hear some baseball junkies viewpoint on this upcoming season and what their expectations are!
    I'm finding myself excited in the hopes that this season can show more promise than the last ten. While the Rockies have been active this off season (new manager, Ian Desmond, that pitcher from KC; don't recall his name), I still don't think they have done enough to finish better than third in the division. Their starting five is still not solidified and will continue to struggle at home.
    I would absolutely love to be wrong, however. Just ready to get the season started and see where they are.

This is the year they start to turn it around. They're making better decisions and don't seem to be accepting bottom feeder status like they have the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    This is the year they start to turn it around. They're making better decisions and don't seem to be accepting bottom feeder status like they have the past few years.
    I hope so. But first year manager I still have low expectations starting out.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I hope so. But first year manager I still have low expectations starting out.
    I hear you, but I think Bud Black is one of the better managers out there and the Rockies were fortunate to land him. Looking forward to the next couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncinSeattle View Post
    I hear you, but I think Bud Black is one of the better managers out there and the Rockies were fortunate to land him. Looking forward to the next couple of seasons.
    Right I didn't mean first year manager for his career. Just meant first year with us don't expect miracles.

I'm actually really excited. I was looking at the projected line up and we are loaded 1-7. They have Story and Dahl batting 6 and 7.

I know I know. Our offense is never the problem but our starters are not terrible either. As long as our bullpen holds there own somehow then I just don't see how we can't compete.

I'll keep my expectations low though all the way through June. We all know how the Rox likes to teas us.

When Desmond returns, Rockies' infield should be able to play ground balls consistently and effectively. Offense looks good as usual which should put pressure on opposing pitchers. Big question mark as usual is how the bullpen will do. It's a tough division. We shall see. I'm looking forward to baseball.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Opening day Monday. I'm always excited for that. But the Rockies fan slogan should always be we will see in June.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Opening day Monday. I'm always excited for that. But the Rockies fan slogan should always be we will see in June.
    Right? Staying healthy for this team is key. Not starting off very well with Dahl and Desmond being out but at least it's not long term.

I'm pretty excited, mainly because Bud Black knows how to manage a pitching staff. It will definitely be a challenge for him getting used to Coors field but it's not like he hasn't managed here before.

Gray should be an ace, this will be his breakout season. Also excited for Chatwood and Anderson, and interested in seeing how Senzatela, Freeland do in the rotation. Rooting for Bettis, and hopefully Holland is successful in Coors as a closer. Chad Qualls could contribute to the bullpen later in the season too.

Don't need to speak for the batters and fielders. Reynolds should cover fine for Desmond until he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I'm pretty excited, mainly because Bud Black knows how to manage a pitching staff. It will definitely be a challenge for him getting used to Coors field but it's not like he hasn't managed here before.

Gray should be an ace, this will be his breakout season. Also excited for Chatwood and Anderson, and interested in seeing how Senzatela, Freeland do in the rotation. Rooting for Bettis, and hopefully Holland is successful in Coors as a closer. Chad Qualls could contribute to the bullpen later in the season too.

Don't need to speak for the batters and fielders. Reynolds should cover fine for Desmond until he comes back.
    I need to set a timer on my DVR to go along with my RMAC Showcase one.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Vic Lombardi tweeted an hour before first pitch that Mark Reynolds would win the game today for the Rockies.

What does he do his first at bat? 2 run hr.

Trevor Story made a pretty amazing play a couple days ago... if you guys haven't seen it, it's short and worth the watch!

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/03/30/...rt-double-play
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Undefeated