Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Maybe we will. I don't think he really was released. Elway declined an option in the contract, officially making it a 1-year contract. I guess it's similar to a team rescinding a franchise tag, making the player a free agent. The Panthers received a 3rd-round pick for losing Josh Norman.
    Interesting...

I wonder if a team will sign him and for how much. I doubt he gets a big contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If it was a true option that the Broncos declined then it should count towards the comp pick count. Darrelle Revis counted towards the Patriots comp pick count after they declined his option.

http://nesn.com/2016/03/patriots-awa...team-10-total/
    Yes. Denver had the option, negotiated by Russell Okung a year ago, for him to be under contract the next four years at an average of about $12 million per. They have declined to exercise that option. It is possible Russell could sign for that or something close to it with another team. I don't think he intends to renegotiate with Denver, but it could happen, I suppose.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Most on the Fan seem to think it's a pitiful market for LT's this offseason and given that, Okung is likely to get a good chunk of change from someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    We will sign more than we lose this year, so doubt we get any comp picks next year.
    Not released. His option was not picked up, which is similar to his contract expiring. Semantics, yes. Pedantic, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Whitworth makes a ton of sense especially if we draft a guy like Antonio Garcia out of Troy in round two.
    The only time I saw Garcia he was getting beat like a drum by Daeshon Hall during senior bowl practices.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

I personally hope we sign Whiteorth, and would love a Joe Thomas trade. If the Browns come down on the Joe Thomas price I wouldn't mind getting both Thomas and Whitworth to bookend our line for at least 3 years. That would take close to half of our free cap, but would make our line a strength and allow our offense to boom.

I also like Ricky Wagner. He's a RT so he'd be more likely the one to pair with Whitworth.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I personally hope we sign Whiteorth, and would love a Joe Thomas trade. If the Browns come down on the Joe Thomas price I wouldn't mind getting both Thomas and Whitworth to bookend our line for at least 3 years. That would take close to half of our free cap, but would make our line a strength and allow our offense to boom.

I also like Ricky Wagner. He's a RT so he'd be more likely the one to pair with Whitworth.
    I love your avatar or signature thingy. What's it mean?
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I love your avatar or signature thingy. What's it mean?
    It's "Chung" and "Wild Horse" in Korean. I personally do not speak Korean, but my mom was adopted from Korea as a baby and her birth name was Chung, and Wild Horse is just because I'm a Broncos fan

It's "Chung" and "Wild Horse" in Korean. I personally do not speak Korean, but my mom was adopted from Korea as a baby and her birth name was Chung, and Wild Horse is just because I'm a Broncos fan
    Thanks. The Wild Horse sounds like a good reason to me. lol
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

If Denver offers Whitworth what they planned to pay Okung (c. $12 million/year), had they exercised the option, that might be enough to sign him. One wonders about his relationship with Vance Joseph and how that might influence his decision.

I like Wagner at RT, too. I'm assuming Stephenson will be released. His contract ($5 million) is over a million $ more than the combined contracts of Sambrailo, Schofield, Turner, Garcia and McGovern. There are some good UFA Guards available as well. Zeitler might break the bank, but Warford, Warmack and Leary are available.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Can't believe Schofield is still on our team, I've watched him get beat over and over again, didn't Kahlil Mack get like 4 or 5 sacks on the guy in one game?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos65 View Post
    Can't believe Schofield is still on our team, I've watched him get beat over and over again, didn't Kahlil Mack get like 4 or 5 sacks on the guy in one game?
    Didn't watch him much last year I'm assuming. While he wasn't great, he was probably our second best lineman. Which could be more about what kind of line we had. But, it wasn't like he was absolutely atrocious last year like he was the year before.

The premise of this Thread, and many Posting here, is that Okung is gone. Am I the only one who saw John Elway say at the Combine that Okung isn't gone? He said that the Broncos did indeed not pick up the Option, but that after Okung shops around to establish his value, the Broncos will sit down with him, again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ign-him-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos65 View Post
    He was a 1st year player, taken at the end of the 3rd Round in 2014, thrown into the fire against one of the Top Pass-Rusher's in the league after Ty Sambrailo went down early in the season with the Labrum injury. He clearly learned from that experience, and had a better season in 2016 at both Guard and Tackle. Can he be a starting Tackle in the league, or is he better suited at Guard? I don't know. But I fully expect him to compete for a job on this team, this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    The premise of this Thread, and many Posting here, is that Okung is gone. Am I the only one who saw John Elway say at the Combine that Okung isn't gone? He said that the Broncos did indeed not pick up the Option, but that after Okung shops around to establish his value, the Broncos will sit down with him, again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ign-him-again/
    If we can't land Whitworth, Okung at a reduced price might not be a bad idea. I'd be nervous if a rookie or someone like Sambrailo or Schofield is our starting LT.