Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sheldon Richardson???!

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini reiterated New York will "almost certainly" try to trade DE Sheldon Richardson over the next couple weeks.
    Richardson is a man without a position in New York. Muhammad Wilkerson and Leonard Williams are the Jets' top two 3-4 ends, and coach Todd Bowles was forced to move Richardson around, giving him some reps at linebacker. He's a three-technique defensive lineman and one of the better interior pass rushers in the league. The Jets will likely try to get a first-rounder in return, but ultimately may have to settle for a day-two pick. Richardson has one year left on his contract at $8.069 million, which becomes guaranteed March 9.
    Source: ESPN.com Feb 27 - 9:49 AM

Would be a Huge splash by Elway!

Third rounder for Richardson is a no brainer

I doubt anyone gives up a 1, but I have a feeling the end price will be a second rounder if he does get moved

This one makes so much sense for Denver. Richardson's the type of excellent player that turns his head on the right direction going from a team like NYJ to Denver or NE, IMO

I think he'd get motivated here real quick

Is anyone else wondering why the hell the jets drafted

Wilkerson
    Leonard Williams
    Richardson
    Coples

All in recent first round picks??? Maybe their offense is so bad cause they won't stop drafting 34 DEs lmao

Would you send a 3rd to the Jets for a 1 year rental or hopes in extending his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Would you send a 3rd to the Jets for a 1 year rental or hopes in extending his contract?
    I figure any team that goes after Richardson is going to want to keep him long term

It's dangerous cause you also want him to prove his worth in that one year on a new team while also not wanting him to be a rental

I see this as a conflict causing him to stay in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Third rounder for Richardson is a no brainer

I doubt anyone gives up a 1, but I have a feeling the end price will be a second rounder if he does get moved

This one makes so much sense for Denver. Richardson's the type of excellent player that turns his head on the right direction going from a team like NYJ to Denver or NE, IMO

I think he'd get motivated here real quick
    I'd do it for a 3rd. He'd likely net that in a comp pick if he walks. You also have the opportunity to tag him, or sign him to an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    As TheOrangecrush brought up...if we did trade a third for him, and we didn't get a long term deal done, with a player of his caliber he would most likely sign a large deal with another team...which would then net us a 3rd round comp pick. So yes, I believe it would be worth it.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'd do it for a 3rd. He'd likely net that in a comp pick if he walks. You also have the opportunity to tag him, or sign him to an extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    As TheOrangecrush brought up...if we did trade a third for him, and we didn't get a long term deal done, with a player of his caliber he would most likely sign a large deal with another team...which would then net us a 3rd round comp pick. So yes, I believe it would be worth it.
    Good points, I didn't think about comp picks

Go get him JE

As everyone on this Board was taken by surprise that we got one less 3rd Round Comp pick than everyone expected for the upcoming Draft, the Pick we would get for Richardson would ultimately depend on what other moves we make.

Heck yes please. I think the coaching here could get his head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    As everyone on this Board was taken by surprise that we got one less 3rd Round Comp pick than everyone expected for the upcoming Draft, the Pick we would get for Richardson would ultimately depend on what other moves we make.
    The big surprise was them accounting the entirety of Okung's deal, despite it really being a 4y option. I dont think Elway will make the same mistake.

Wait have the Comp picks been finalized yet? What are we getting?
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Wait have the Comp picks been finalized yet? What are we getting?
    3, 5, 7, 7. We got hosed.

The big surprise was them accounting the entirety of Okung's deal, despite it really being a 4y option. I dont think Elway will make the same mistake.
    I do still like the idea of the option for the reason of it the player doesn't show his worth he is gone.

Sending a 3rd for Richardson wouldn't be the issues IMO. However, the issues resides around how much he will cost for the following year and will we even be able to retain him after this year. After this year, he will probably demand top dollar. If this is the case, it makes more sense to me to send that top dollar to Campbell and know exactly what you're getting and not have to give up a pick.

Campbell cost: Anywhere from $10-14 per year
    Richardson cost after this year: IMO $12-15 per year base on him probably wanting more money than the last high paid DE

Correction: I am reading reports he is a DE but NFL website has him listed as a DT. If he plays as a DT in our system, scratch the cost per year prediction I made.
    Last edited by Murph2432; 02-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.