Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They were seperate injuries. It's not like he's torn the same acl or anything like that. I wouldnt say it's downplaying anything, just providing medical context.

""Not the same bone, not the same part of bone. Tony Romoís bone is not weak. This was football trauma." Unlike the transverse injury, however, the lumbar injury is structural. "Itís much different than in 2014. Thereís risk it could get worse. No immediate return to play. He canít take a hit for six weeks." Chao did note, however, that Romo could be throwing in two weeks time as the throwing motion doesnít adversely affect the L1 vertebra.

"The bad news is heís out a minimum 6 weeks. The good news is thereís no surgery required. This injury heals well on its own and there should be no long term issues."

I dont think being 'downplayed' is a correct description here. As for your tone, you immediately jumped to spin from a medical source with no dog in the fight. You also immediately dismissed the info without 2nd thought.
    Interesting article. Although comments seem optimistic IMO.

Not a doctor just an old guy that knows that a lifetime of accumulated sports injuries take their toll.

Romo has broken his left collarbone three times. Including a re-break of a reported healed spot. Then three significant back injuries. Ruptured disc, two transverse fractures and a lumbar compression fracture.

No lingering effects? No limitations or restrictions over the course of a long NFL season? No lost games?

Sorry remain skeptical despite the reassurances from a doctor in an article. Just my uninformed fan opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Interesting read. A compression fracture in itself isn't that bad, and at L1 it's in an area where the discs typically don't degrade and fall apart until the ones below it do. Never knew the specifics of that injury. A lot more players probably play with compression fractures than we think, and most of them are probably undiagnosed.

I'm more worried about his overall physical health. He's broken his collar bone 3 times now, had a couple surgeries on it and is probably a couple hard hits away from re-injuring it, it's not in good shape. He also has a tendency to keep himself in games when he's hurt and try to tough things out, he did it with a punctured lung and after he hurt his collarbone. He tries to come back too soon from injuries. He's tough mentally, and physically probably too but he's just taken too much of a beating and I'd hate to see him behind our oline last season, or current oline. If we drastically upgrade our pass protection I'd be fine with him here. He wants to win, we want to win, and that's all great. I want to see us get some protection before we bring him in, if we do.
    Im not a doctor, nor do I know anyone privy to Romo's medical records. I like many people are just killing time by looking up info on the internet. If Elway and Co sign off, Im more than sure theyve done their due dilligence. We are in agreement that protection needs to be addresed. I remember being worried about Peyton's neck too. Not apples to apples, but right now I have faith in the FO, and the info/opinions leading me to be more positive than negative.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Interesting article. Although comments seem optimistic IMO.

Not a doctor just an old guy that knows that a lifetime of accumulated sports injuries take their toll.

Romo has broken his left collarbone three times. Including a re-break of a reported healed spot. Then three significant back injuries. Ruptured disc, two transverse fractures and a lumbar compression fracture.

No lingering effects? No limitations or restrictions over the course of a long NFL season? No lost games?

Sorry remain skeptical despite the reassurances from a doctor in an article. Just my uninformed fan opinion.
    Hey you could be right. Only Romo and his doctors are truly in the know. Im just going off what I can find like everyone else. These are all questions the Elway has, and if in the end he's ok with it, so am I.

McCoy can build on what Siemian did last season, which before the shoulder injury was not bad! If he can be healthy come TC then I'm not worried he can be ready week 1.

Im not a doctor, nor do I know anyone privy to Romo's medical records. I like many people are just killing time by looking up info on the internet. If Elway and Co sign off, Im more than sure theyve done their due dilligence. We are in agreement that protection needs to be addresed. I remember being worried about Peyton's neck too. Not apples to apples, but right now I have faith in the FO, and the info/opinions leading me to be more positive than negative.
    Same here. I have no doubt that the FO will do their job and make the best decision for this franchise. It always seems like a mystery until it actually happens, and that's why there's so much talk in the offseason. Makes it kind of exciting.

I hope Romo goes to the Houston Texans. Imagine Brock's reaction. Priceless.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I hope Romo goes to the Houston Texans. Imagine Brock's reaction. Priceless.
    Check still cashes on Monday.

Check still cashes on Monday.
    Yeah the guaranteed money, he was going to get it anyway. But it sure looks like he won't see all the money from that four-year contract and going to the Texans ended up being the downfall of his career. He was trying to build up his value for an even bigger deal in the near future and now he will be treated as a buyer-beware fraud when he becomes a free agent.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

[QUOTE= Just may be the best Financial decision Brock has made, he knew he had one shot at convincing someone he was a franchise QB, Does anyone really think that he would have led the Bronco;s to a much better result last year ?

As for Romo be polite, but we have more important issues to address.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Yeah the guaranteed money, he was going to get it anyway. But it sure looks like he won't see all the money from that four-year contract and going to the Texans ended up being the downfall of his career. He was trying to build up his value for an even bigger deal in the near future and now he will be treated as a buyer-beware fraud when he becomes a free agent.
    eh. To be fair he's a $36 million dollar fraud that doesn't have a state tax.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

roMO will be bronCO...put money on it

There are some new reports going around now saying that Romo would accept 10-12 Mil to play with the Broncos. I would be okay for 10 Mil on a similar contract (maybe shorter 3 yr) as we had with Manning based on his health. Maybe even throw in some incentives if he does well.
    Last edited by one_bad_55; 03-04-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by mray View Post
    roMO will be bronCO...put money on it
    I'm sure but at this point I'm wondering at what cost.

I can see the upside both ways as well as the downside. It is 50/50 with an edge going to Romo's experience. If the focus is still on Paxton, then Romo becomes the obvious choice. That would create a problem with Trevor; Would he willingly step down to backup, or would we be better off trading him while the value is there?

Broncos willing to pay 10-12 mil for Romo ? Wonder how accurate this is ? Will watch this unfold in the next week or so, Hope the front office gets this right.