Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bills would have interest in Denver QB Trevor Siemian

Looks like Dennison may try to get Siemian if we get Romo, which may be ok for us but I wouldn't think we could get enough back for a 7th round pick, I'd rather keep him at least another year, let his stock rise, see how Paxton looks, then we'll talk.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/02/re...revor-siemian/
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I'd be super bummed if we traded Siemian. I really like him and I think he has huge potential. Besides, with Romo being as fragile as he is, 1 hit and we're down to 1 inexperienced QB and no backup. We need to carry 3 QBs on roster if we bring in Romo.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

I'm confused. Many think Siemian is a legitimate starter and long term answer for the Broncos yet they would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him?

Which is it, franchise QB or back up competition.

If the Broncos roll the dice with Romo I still see no reason to trade Siemian. Especially for a late round pick. At worst he is a inexpensive competent backup for when Romo has to take a few games off or go to IR.

I think elway really wants lynch to be the guy but siemian. Has more than almost proven himself

Think we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. I'd rather trade Lynch and have Trever as our back up just in case romo goes down. But I'd understand we could get more out of Trever. Really hope we have Romo though. If we could get Romo. Sign a Top Tackle and Guard in FA. Then go BPA. That would be a huge offseason IMO

Don't you have to see if Lynch can learn an NFL playbook and play like an NFL quarterback before trading Siemian? You don't trade the best young QB on the roster. If Lynch can't play, the Broncos will have nothing at QB when Romo gets injured or after Romo retires.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Sure. Trevor Siemian for Cordy Glenn straight up.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Sure. Trevor Siemian for Cordy Glenn straight up.
    Now that is a plan I can enthusiastically support!

STOP the Romo talk, that would be the biggest mistake to date. Lets not be the but of all jokes this year. Leave that foe others. Trevor is recovering on schedule after surgery on his non-throwing shoulder. This kid looked good last year playing behind the worst O-Line in team history. Fix the line, get a run game, and utilize our young guns till their time for a big payoff comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Think we could get a 3rd or 4th for him. I'd rather trade Lynch and have Trever as our back up just in case romo goes down. But I'd understand we could get more out of Trever. Really hope we have Romo though. If we could get Romo. Sign a Top Tackle and Guard in FA. Then go BPA. That would be a huge offseason IMO
    If we can get a 1st for Lynch, we should do it. Think TS has what it takes to start with supporting cast. Teammates believe in him, that is biggest thing a QB needs.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    If we can get a 1st for Lynch, we should do it. Think TS has what it takes to start with supporting cast. Teammates believe in him, that is biggest thing a QB needs.
    After moving up in the 1st to get Lynch less than a year ago, if we traded Lynch for anything less than a 1st Round draft choice would be evidence that Elway made a HUGE mistake. With that being said, I would put Lynch ahead of any of the QB prospects in this years Draft.

I don't want to trade either of our young guns. We don't know enough about either yet and its not like they are killing our cap or we don't already have talent on this team. We need to ride it out and see what each may develope in to.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    After moving up in the 1st to get Lynch less than a year ago, if we traded Lynch for anything less than a 1st Round draft choice would be evidence that Elway made a HUGE mistake. With that being said, I would put Lynch ahead of any of the QB prospects in this years Draft.
    I agree that Lynch would most likely be viewed higher that any QB in this draft. I just like the idea of getting an extra blue chip guy to compete now vs what may be 2 years from now. No guarantee Lynch pans out.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Sorry Buffalo, no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I agree that Lynch would most likely be viewed higher that any QB in this draft. I just like the idea of getting an extra blue chip guy to compete now vs what may be 2 years from now. No guarantee Lynch pans out.
    John Elway, and most GMs in the NFL, seem to ascribe to the philosophy that "The Future is Now". Especially with our Defense. We got a pretty good look at Paxton Lynch with his two starts, last season.

Will he get better? What's his "ceiling"? How long will we wait? These are some of the questions that I would be asking if I were Elway.

So, I tend to agree with you. If Elway isn't "feeling it" for Lynch, and we do ultimately get Romo, then it's time to move on and get what we can for the guy.