Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bills have theirs and SF signed Hoyer, I think if Romo coming to Denver becomes a reality then we MUST keep both Trevor And Lynch. Good insurance if the Old guy gets broken.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Bills have theirs and SF signed Hoyer, I think if Romo coming to Denver becomes a reality then we MUST keep both Trevor And Lynch. Good insurance if the Old guy gets broken.
    I would keep both anyways. Siemian has proven that at worst he can be a pretty good backup QB, and there isn't going to be a contract that's cheaper than his. Lynch still needs to improve, keeping both allows Denver to bring Lynch along at the pace he learns at, rather than trying to push him and force him to learn at a pace that leads to him not developing correctly.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Essentially, if a team was willing to offer 1st round value, then we are giving up that 1st to have a 3rd string QB. Would not that 1st offer more value to both Romo and TS over the next couple years. That is how I look at it anyways, what it cost us to keep Lynch and develop him for 2 more years. Plus a roster spot.

Admittedly this is a win now mentality, but also some faith that TS can be a quality starter in the NFL and has so far proven that to be a viable opinion. Lynch is all potential promise and if he is not the guy after a year feel he may be Brock 2.0 sits 4 years then moves on for a comp pick.
    You lost me.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

So the Bills being interested in Siemian is for sure a rumor now right, since they resigned Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    So the Bills being interested in Siemian is for sure a rumor now right, since they resigned Taylor?
    The usual reporters throwing poo at a wall to see what sticks.

I could have got on the Romo Wagon a month ago. Now with the way Jones is bucking around, I would rather we just shut the door on Romo and stick with our young QBs. Romo is simply not worth all this drama.

All the drama is not key here, reality is Romo is not a improvement of who we have on the roster now.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    All the drama is not key here, reality is Romo is not a improvement of who we have on the roster now.
    At exorbitant cost

I really think Trevor iOS a future pro bowler. Let's not forget he had a messed up shoulder second half of the season and was getting really beat up with our OLine. When he had time and he wa s healthy. He looked like the future of the Denver Broncos. I think we need to trade Lynch while we can and get what we can for him. Maybe 3rd or 4th. Cause after another year of really struggling he will have no value. None. It would be a huge mistake to trade Trevor if we get Romo.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    I really think Trevor iOS a future pro bowler. Let's not forget he had a messed up shoulder second half of the season and was getting really beat up with our OLine. When he had time and he wa s healthy. He looked like the future of the Denver Broncos. I think we need to trade Lynch while we can and get what we can for him. Maybe 3rd or 4th. Cause after another year of really struggling he will have no value. None. It would be a huge mistake to trade Trevor if we get Romo.
    thank God your not the GM...trade a 1st rd pick for peanuts after one season....you probably would have traded Elway too

I convinced that we need to shut the door on Romo. I can see the win now mode, but what about long term. Bringing in Romo could cost us both QBs on the roster. If Romo was to play 4 years, Lynch is lost as a FA.

You can't Trade a 1st Round pick after one season and with a new coaching staff coming in. For those who have forgotten, Paxton Lynch STARTED 2 games, and played a half game when Siemian was injured. We have a pretty good idea of what we have in Lynch. And so does every other team in the league. And his value may be only a 3rd or a 4th, at this time. We need to wait and see what Musgrave and McCoy can do with the guy. Every QB taken in the Draft is a crapshoot. So if Lynch falls flat on his face, it's tough luck for us. But I don't blame Elway for rolling the dice with Lynch, Siemian, OR with osweiler for that matter.

If we get Romo, then Siemian is the logical player to move. He's an NFL starter who we got in the 7th Round, and whose value is at a high point. Especially for a team like Buffalo who are rumored to be considering giving multiple 1st Round Picks to New England for a QB with 4 starts.

What do you mean future? He was invited this year.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I convinced that we need to shut the door on Romo. I can see the win now mode, but what about long term. Bringing in Romo could cost us both QBs on the roster. If Romo was to play 4 years, Lynch is lost as a FA.
    Romo can't play for 4 more years. It is physicall impossible. His body cannot take NFL hits anymore, it couldn't take NFL hits a couple years ago and it's not going to be able to take NFL level hits this coming year.
    Romo needs an airbag suite, or better yet he needs to look into flag football and reserve his body. But even then, that flag football can still get a little physical.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    What do you mean future? He was invited this year.

He was literally the 7th AFC option, that's hardly a Pro Bowl player. The one positive from it all was that he was invited before Phillip Rivers was.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."