Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I think it's hilarious every year I see posts elway will never do this or will never do that. No one has any idea what Elway will do. Elway will replace who ever whenever he feels like it will be best for the team. He is fair but he is a Broncos first. No one on this roster besides a handful of guys are safe to be replaced if Elway thinks he can find a replacement that will help the Broncos win.

If Elway doesn't draft a day one starter RB (Fournette, Cook, McCaffery, Mixon) He will pick up another big name FA RB. I will bet never posting on this board again on that one. Our team was a disaster after CJ went down.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Lang, Campbell, Logan, and Whitworth in FA.

John Ross, Jarrad Davis, Mixon, Anthony Walker, DJ Jones, and Jeremy Sprinkle in the draft.

Boom!
    This would be a monster off-season.

I would rather get a back in the draft. Jamaal Charles has had a good career, but I wouldn't want to pay a 30 year old back who's had multiple knee injuries. This seems to be a pretty deep draft at running back.

Jamal wouldn't be the starter.. CJ would. And only play 3-8 downs a game unless CJ went down.

This would only happen if we didn't draft a day one starting RB.. which this draft seems to be full of.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Jamal wouldn't be the starter.. CJ would. And only play 3-8 downs a game unless CJ went down.

This would only happen if we didn't draft a day one starting RB.. which this draft seems to be full of.
    The starting job will be CJ's to lose. They just paid him last offseason and I don't see him losing it unless he looks flat out awful.

This would be a monster off-season.
    I made a mistake in the draft. I have Walker and Davis in there. I would drop Davis and toss in either Davenport or Moton in this scenario. As much as I like Davis, John Ross just blew up the combine and he is a game changer. We also need a RT more than ILB. So a draft of....

1. Ross
    2. Davenport/Moton
    3. Walker
    3. Mixon
    4. DJ Jones
    5. Jeremy Sprinkle

I 100% agree. My theory of bringing in a RB isn't to replace CJ but to be there if CJ goes down. If we bring in Tony Romo we are in win now mode. I don't think anyone is confident that CJ will last 19 games.. why throw away a season without having a quality backup.

I 100% agree. My theory of bringing in a RB isn't to replace CJ but to be there if CJ goes down. If we bring in Tony Romo we are in win now mode. I don't think anyone is confident that CJ will last 19 games.. why throw away a season without having a quality backup.
    I have kind of given up on CJ. His injuries have piled to much for me. We drafted Booker in the 2nd last season and CJ went down again. Booker should improve this season. I would still draft a RB in the 1st 3 rounds ds somehwere. I would take Mixon and make him the starter and CJ and Booker can fight for the #2.

Agreed I still have hope for Booker.. I would just be so mad if at the end of the season our season ended because we didn't have a quality back up to CJ for WHEN he goes down. With this draft being so deep in quality RBs and the FA also being so deep it would be very upsetting if we didn't bring in a talented RB

I agree with you on that. I just don't think Charles is the answer. I think he is going to want too much money. If we can get him cheaply and he stays healthy than why not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Lang, Campbell, Logan, and Whitworth in FA.

John Ross, Jarrad Davis, Mixon, Anthony Walker, DJ Jones, and Jeremy Sprinkle in the draft.

Boom!
    Unrealistic but would be nice.

Trust me I value Mixon, mcCaffery 10x more than Charles.. but if things don't fall our way in the draft to draft one of those guys I hope we get Charles.

Trust me I value Mixon, mcCaffery 10x more than Charles.. but if things don't fall our way in the draft to draft one of those guys I hope we get Charles.
    Only problem there is that free agency starts this week and the draft is not for another month and a half. I'm sure some team like the Eagles will take Charles.

If Denver does go RB early in draft, I would want McCaffery all day long. He has it all imo, and he is a home town favorite. How cool would that be to have the spawn of the great Eddy Mack!!!

Report: Tony Romo would accept $10-12M offer from Broncos

According to Clarence Hill Jr. of the Star-Telegram.

Once he becomes a free agent, Romo will be free to choose his team and negotiate a new contract. If he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender — he does — Romo will have to accept a massive pay cut.

The Broncos would be willing to pay $10-12 million per season as part of an incentive-heavy deal, KUSA-TV’s Mike Klis said on a recent episode of Denver vs., a new TV show hosted by Mile High Report’s Ian Henson.

“Romo would take that deal,” Clarence Hill Jr. of the Star-Telegram tweeted on Friday evening, referencing the $10-12 million price range.
    Full story-

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017...broncos-offer/