X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • -Rod-
    #TeamBroncos
    • Mar 2008

I'm hearing again on the radio that the Broncos had a hard time getting Paxton Lynch to come in early and stay late at work.

First it was mentioned by Cecil Lammey, who is a huge Lynch supporter, and now this journalist from Dallas has heard the same thing. Here's the interview:

http://1043thefan.com/155360/shawn-s...kley-03082017/ (go to 10:00)

So, it makes no sense to move on from Siemian if Lynch has no work ethic and maturity to be a franchise QB. There is a reason why Siemian was voted team captain, has strong support in the locker room and you can't hear any positive buzz about Paxton Lynch.
    sigpic

Comment

• MHSalute
      Ring of Famer
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
      Doesnt matter bro, if Trevor was they guy, he would of been name the guy going in. Lets face it if Romo is sign the Trevor fans cab join the Tebow fans, because real Broncos fans trust Elway.
      Real fans question everything. Personally have said Clady contract would be a bad move, DT contract a bad move, Trading up for Lynch was a bad move (will see how that plays out). Elway is a great GM, but no GM is infallible and not having a different opinion is just silly, would be no discussion just sheep.

Honestly, what do you think of the Stephenson and Okung fixes for the OL last year? Did the team blow it or did Elway?
      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• MHSalute
        Ring of Famer
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        I'm hearing again on the radio that the Broncos had a hard time getting Paxton Lynch to come in early and stay late at work.

First it was mentioned by Cecil Lammey, who is a huge Lynch supporter, and now this journalist from Dallas has heard the same thing. Here's the interview:

http://1043thefan.com/155360/shawn-s...kley-03082017/ (go to 10:00)

So, it makes no sense to move on from Siemian if Lynch has no work ethic and maturity to be a franchise QB. There is a reason why Siemian was voted team captain, has strong support in the locker room and you can't hear any positive buzz about Paxton Lynch.
        Said several times, the only way Romo signing makes sense is if we can get good value on a Lynch trade. Trading TS makes ZERO sense.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Peapod
          Practice Squad
          • Sep 2006

It makes no sense to trade Trevor even if Romo ends up in Denver. Romo's future even if he manages to complete the season without another debilitating injury (doubtful) is probably two more years whereas Trevor's future is just beginning. Plus, the Broncos still have him on the cheap. Keep the NW QB and fix the @%%$%^ offensive line!

Comment

• Murph2432
            Playmaker
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Peapod View Post
            It makes no sense to trade Trevor even if Romo ends up in Denver. Romo's future even if he manages to complete the season without another debilitating injury (doubtful) is probably two more years whereas Trevor's future is just beginning. Plus, the Broncos still have him on the cheap. Keep the NW QB and fix the @%%$%^ offensive line!
            I agree the it wouldn't make sense to trade Trevor. The only way I would is if it's a high draft pick. Then it becomes a no brainer imo

Comment

• MHS
              I am The Dude
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
              Said several times, the only way Romo signing makes sense is if we can get good value on a Lynch trade. Trading TS makes ZERO sense.
              It makes sense to trade Lynch or Trevor if Elway doesn't see them as the future and can get good value.

Even if broncos sign Romo, I dont think they should trade either unless they get amazing value (assuming Elway doesn't see them as the future)
              sigpic
              "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

• SMR81
                Banned User
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                I agree the it wouldn't make sense to trade Trevor. The only way I would is if it's a high draft pick. Then it becomes a no brainer imo
                Trading Trevor for a high draft pick does nothing to help our QB situation. We sign Romo and expect 2 years out of him(probably less). Trevor gets traded and Lynch stays. We know Siemian can play and has great potential, the same cannot be said for Lynch. Lynch was a first round pick and at this point Siemian is the better QB. So unless it's a top 10 pick, trading TS makes zero sense. Trading Lynch and salvaging what we can makes a little more sense IF Romo comes aboard and IF they don't want 3 QBs.

Comment

• Murph2432
                  Playmaker
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                  Trading Trevor for a high draft pick does nothing to help our QB situation. We sign Romo and expect 2 years out of him(probably less). Trevor gets traded and Lynch stays. We know Siemian can play and has great potential, the same cannot be said for Lynch. Lynch was a first round pick and at this point Siemian is the better QB. So unless it's a top 10 pick, trading TS makes zero sense. Trading Lynch and salvaging what we can makes a little more sense IF Romo comes aboard and IF they don't want 3 QBs.
                  Getting a high draft pick could help us grab an impact player. But let's just say Romo signs a 3 year deal and let's say he only last us 2 years. Trevor will be a FA and will get a good amount of money in FA. I would prefer not to trade him and to have him back up Romo if he goes down. But if someone offers us a 2nd/3rd ( unlikely) then we would have to take that.

Comment

• XterraRob
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Nov 2014

#No Romo - Siemian is our future.
                    I believe.

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
                      Starter
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
                      Doesnt matter bro, if Trevor was they guy, he would of been name the guy going in. Lets face it if Romo is sign the Trevor fans cab join the Tebow fans, because real Broncos fans trust Elway.
                      Bro

Are you saying that cause I like Siemian I'm not a real bronco fan bro

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
                        Starter
                        • Nov 2010

Trevor's been nothing but great to us and is the character of person I want to represent us

Things aren't lookin great for him but I hope that dude kills it wherever he is

Comment

• SoundsOfSuccess
                          Starter
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
                          Trevor can ball, he showed that last year as a first year starter. Hopefully he gets another year as a Bronco to further prove it.
                          Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          I think it's dumb if we trade Trevor. Don't understand why we'd do it, even if we acquire Romo. We're still gonna need a backup.
                          Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                          It'll be a shame if Trevor isn't a Bronco for life. We have our QB, fix the freaking line.
                          Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                          I don't know Siemian "as a person". But, he seems like a great guy from his press conferences and body language on the sidelines.

What I shake my head at is the comments on why some people don't like Siemian. The main criticism is "he's a 7th Round Pick". Which in some short-sighted minds means that Siemian CAN'T be any good now, or ever. How could a player at the QB position who wasn't Drafted until the 7th Round EVER be any good. And of course that completely disregards his ACL injury that dropped Siemian in the Draft.

And when I look at all the 1st Round QBs, including 1st Pick QBs who have failed, I can't believe that people make those "7th Round" statements. The Broncos had a recent 1st Round QB who lasted 2 seasons with our team, and is now completely out of the league. Then we got a 2nd Round QB who had to be benched after 4 seasons and 7 Starts, only to be let go. If we've learned anything about the QB position, it's that college QBs taken in the Draft are a complete Crapshoot. And we have several examples that prove that it doesn't matter where the QB is taken in the Draft.
                          Amen fellas

Here's to Trevor hopefully sticking around

Comment

• CTM
                            Later Skater
                            • Jan 2008

Even if we end up acquiring Romo, Siemian is too valuable to deal away at this point. I'd much rather deal Lynch to someone else, maybe SF if they don't like their QB options in this draft. I've always heard the biggest jump for a QB happens in their 3rd year. Siemian's only been a full time starter 1 season. I'm kind of excited to see how much he can build on his experience from last year.

Comment

• Southern Bronco
                              Special Teams
                              • Jan 2011

I like Siemian and have zero problem keeping him around. I do think fans get too excited by these "mic'd up" things though. Guarantee any other NFL QB probably sounds pretty similar managing their huddle. "C'mon guys- pick up the tempo..." or whatever doesn't make you some kind of field general we can't ever lose from the organization. Lol.

I do admire the hell out of Trevor for gutting through his shoulder injury (even if non-throwing). Google it. Pretty nasty- and you see him take some ugly shots in this segment. Props- and I think that is the type of thing that does garner respect in the locker room...

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                                Super Moderator
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                                I don't know Siemian "as a person". But, he seems like a great guy from his press conferences and body language on the sidelines.

What I shake my head at is the comments on why some people don't like Siemian. The main criticism is "he's a 7th Round Pick". Which in some short-sighted minds means that Siemian CAN'T be any good now, or ever. How could a player at the QB position who wasn't Drafted until the 7th Round EVER be any good. And of course that completely disregards his ACL injury that dropped Siemian in the Draft.

And when I look at all the 1st Round QBs, including 1st Pick QBs who have failed, I can't believe that people make those "7th Round" statements. The Broncos had a recent 1st Round QB who lasted 2 seasons with our team, and is now completely out of the league. Then we got a 2nd Round QB who had to be benched after 4 seasons and 7 Starts, only to be let go. If we've learned anything about the QB position, it's that college QBs taken in the Draft are a complete Crapshoot. And we have several examples that prove that it doesn't matter where the QB is taken in the Draft.
                                Romo was an undrafted free agent, so a 7th round pick is no reason to dislike the player. What I find baffling is that either side of the Siemian debate talks in absolutes. I don't know how anyone can say they've seen enough to judge one way or the other on him? He did a lot of good things in 2016, and there's also a lot of bad things. He's far from a finished product and needs to continue to work to hone his craft, which is the same with every young QB. I have no idea why anyone would want to trade Siemian, regardless of whether they add Romo or not. A Qb who's started a full season and shown that he's an NFL QB (starter or really good backup remains to be seen) with a dirt cheap contract. There's zero reason to get rid of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X