Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    The bottom line is I can see Trevor being the starter and Pax the backup. Pax is still too raw I can see him sitting for another year or 2. If I recall Aarron Rodgers sat for a few years so with the body of work I saw from Pax last year I still say he has a year or two to go with that said Trevor looked real sharp last year and I am looking to forward to watching start and lead the Denver Broncos to another SuperBowl Victory!!

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    The bottom line is I can see Trevor being the starter and Pax the backup. Pax is still too raw I can see him sitting for another year or 2. If I recall Aarron Rodgers sat for a few years so with the body of work I saw from Pax last year I still say he has a year or two to go with that said Trevor looked real sharp last year and I am looking to forward to watching start and lead the Denver Broncos to another SuperBowl Victory!!
    Players mature in the offseason, judging Lynch now for 2017 based on what he was and where he was in 2016 is a mistake, until he goes through the offseason program and then through training camp and exhibition games, no one knows what he'll be in 2017. Same goes for Siemian, what he was in 2016 probably isn't what he'll be in 2017, young players mature, they learn from their mistakes (hopefully) and come to understand all the things they don't know, and they improve on that.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Siemian's THE man.
    I believe.

I am 100% behind Trevor and have been since Week 1 last season. I like nearly everything about him, and if we can just protect him and get him a pseudo run game, I think he is going to settle in real nice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ncos-qb-battle

Siemian 'full go' following shoulder surgery.

I hope Siemian can improve his deep ball accuracy to really give us some over the top advantages with Sanders and DT. I think that was the main criticism I had with him last year other than occasionally throwing incomplete passes to the other team.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    I hope Siemian can improve his deep ball accuracy to really give us some over the top advantages with Sanders and DT. I think that was the main criticism I had with him last year other than occasionally throwing incomplete passes to the other team.
    I hope so as well - the challenge is that there aren't usually a lot of plays for deep passes. I hope the offense can get more efficient with converting short yardage on 3rd down, running or passing.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    I hope he improves everything. Because he's a young player he needs to get better everywhere (which is true of all young QBs) if he's a finished product in any area then that will be an issue.

The Broncos need both young QBs to get better, obviously Lynch has further to go. But if the QB play doesn't improve in 2017 then the Broncos will be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I hope he improves everything. Because he's a young player he needs to get better everywhere (which is true of all young QBs) if he's a finished product in any area then that will be an issue.

The Broncos need both young QBs to get better, obviously Lynch has further to go. But if the QB play doesn't improve in 2017 then the Broncos will be in trouble.
    agreed, I blamed the O-line for a lot of issues, but some of those issues were compounded by poor QB play at times from Siemian, leading the league in 3-and-outs. However, I wonder if the critique on Siemian is harsher than say, on Wentz. Wentz didn't play poorly but statistically he was worse than Siemian with a 79.6 average QBR, 16 to 14 TD/INT ratio. For all the hype the media and league give Wentz saying he has a bright and shining future, you'd think that some of that could be applied to another first year starter with better stats.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-10-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    agreed, I blamed the O-line for a lot of issues, but some of those issues were compounded by poor QB play at times from Siemian, leading the league in 3-and-outs. However, I wonder if the critique on Siemian is harsher than say, on Wentz. Wentz didn't play poorly but statistically he was worse than Siemian with a 79.6 average QBR, 16 to 14 TD/INT ratio. For all the hype the media and league give Wentz saying he has a bright and shining future, you'd think that some of that could be applied to another first year starter with better stats.
    Most of the criticism comes from unrealistic expectations of a first year starter coupled with the psychological backdrop that he shouldn't be the starter due to draft status. If he was a first round pick everyone would be talking about how he had an excellent development year despite being surrounded by a bottom 5 oline, terrible running game (you kind of need to be able to convert 3rd and 1 on the ground with a young QB), inconsistent receiving options, and some of the worst coaching performance in the league.

Stats are irrelevant at this stage of his career or for rookie comparisons.

I've been support of Trevor since day one he needs to be protected better and has solid first season as the starter in Denver.

Glad he's 100% healthy and ready to go already, that gives him a good chance to get the full offseason program in and get on the same page as his receivers and backs. Hopefully everyone on the offense takes a big step forward this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Most of the criticism comes from unrealistic expectations of a first year starter coupled with the psychological backdrop that he shouldn't be the starter due to draft status. If he was a first round pick everyone would be talking about how he had an excellent development year despite being surrounded by a bottom 5 oline, terrible running game (you kind of need to be able to convert 3rd and 1 on the ground with a young QB), inconsistent receiving options, and some of the worst coaching performance in the league.

Stats are irrelevant at this stage of his career or for rookie comparisons.
    The criticism was warranted because of how bad (at times) the QB play was last year. Yes there were other mitigating factors, but there were times where Siemian was at fault as well. What we saw was a poor offense, and all of the players, and coaches deserved blame for that. But 2016 is in the past, it's time for the offense to move forward and for whichever QB wins the battle to play better than either QB played in 2016. If Denver is to get back to the playoffs in 2017 they need better play more consistently from the QB, whomever it is.

I've seen more people talk about people using his 7th round status as criticism than people actually using his 7th round status as criticism. Lol

Yeah as really wonder if Trevor went down, how Paxton Lynch could or may not fit in the fold for his second year.
    SOLAR ECLIPSE IS HERE!