Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Ha ha.told you, is happening sooner than I thought. When Elway has decided on something, that is it. I knew that when my source told me. I just saw Trevor to the Jets?
    What is it you told us?

Quote Originally Posted by dshawg1 View Post
    Ha ha.told you, is happening sooner than I thought. When Elway has decided on something, that is it. I knew that when my source told me. I just saw Trevor to the Jets?
    Looks like Cowboys want a pick in return now. Going to be interesting to see if us or the Texans move on that.
    I think he comes here for a 6th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Looks like Cowboys want a pick in return now. Going to be interesting to see if us or the Texans move on that.
    I stated elsewhere we should offer Jones a 15th rounder in 2074.....

Dallas Cowboys looking into trading Tony Romo

By Marc Sessler
    Around the NFL Writer
    Published: March 9, 2017 at 02:31 p.m

The Dallas Cowboys haven't given up on getting something in return for Tony Romo.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that the team is now trying to see if they can trade the veteran quarterback instead of releasing him.

With mere hours to go ahead of Thursday's 4 p.m. ET launch to free agency, the obvious targets for a trade boil down to the Texans and Broncos. No signals from either team, though, suggest that a trade is about to go down.

"Right now the Cowboys, I am told, are simply keeping their options open," Rapoport said during Thursday's edition of Free Agency Frenzy. "Not ready to release him just yet. They're trying to see if they can possibly get some compensation for Tony Romo, now that it's very clear that the Houston Texans would be interested, the Denver Broncos would potentially be interested, so they want to see if they can get some value for Romo and make sure that, wherever he goes, that it is going to be his choice."

Said Rapoport: "From what I understand, it is (owner) Jerry Jones, it is Tony Romo, having these discussions, trying to figure out how they're going to proceed and where he wants to go. Nothing has actually happened, but this is about the team, the Cowboys, keeping open the lines of communication, waiting to see if they can possibly get any value for Romo."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ding-tony-romo
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Broncos are not seeking a trade for Tony Romo (at this time).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...trade-for-Romo
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Broncos are not seeking a trade for Tony Romo (at this time).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-a...trade-for-Romo
    Jerry Jones just can't break up with him.

So, Jerry Jones reneged on yesterday's promise to release Romo so Romo could go out and make his own deal?

Anyone who is familiar with the crooked Arkansas Gas deal that made Jones all his money won't be surprised. Both Houston and Denver should announce that, out of principle, neither team will sign Romo.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    So, Jerry Jones reneged on yesterday's promise to release Romo so Romo could go out and make his own deal?

Anyone who is familiar with the crooked Arkansas Gas deal that made Jones all his money won't be surprised. Both Houston and Denver should announce that, out of principle, neither team will sign Romo.
    Ya jerry clearly just tried to pull a fast one knowing teams will sign tony

Skeezer

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    I don't have any specifics, but I will reach out just in case. I do know the Houston thing is a smoke screen, he isn't going there based on my source.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    By sweet deal, I meant reasonable, but not over the top. Not sure what you mean about Brock's salary. Are you saying they will not likely sign Romo because of what Brock is making? Or are you saying Romo will expect some good coin for his services?

Please clarify. You might actually be agreeing with me, that it is too costly to have 2 relatively highly paid QBs?
    I do agree. As cursed as Houston has been in the past years at QB, I just cannot see them spending big on bringing another hired gun even one like Romo.

But the situation turning with JJ now wanting to trade Romo just makes this even more funny to me, especially if Houston bites. JJ might own two teams in Texas before this is over.

Looks like Denver is out of the Romo race with OS traded to the Browns.

Oz going to Cleveland, crazy lol
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Wow... Cleveland just picked up Brock Osweiler. Offloaded his entire contract and Houston all of a sudden has a ton of money and will get Romo.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Texans shockingly trade Brock Osweiler to Browns
    A stunner just before the deadline.
    by Harry Lyles Jr.@harrylylesjr Mar 9, 2017, 3:39pm EST

The Houston Texans have traded Brock Osweiler and a 2018 second-round pick to the Browns, according to ESPNís Adam Schefter. The Texans have been rumored to be in the Tony Romo sweepstakes this offseason. More to come.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/9/148...ee-agency-2017
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Brock to Browns....wow. Well that certainly is interesting.
    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)