Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fortdick View Post
    I don't like the way they treated him after the beating he took for them. The guy is a great QB and they made him a promise, then broke it.
    Just some friendly advice, before you leave a team that you spent nearly 50+ years supporting,
    I suggest you see the forest from the trees. The NFL is a business. Teams will let a player walk
    when he is no longer needed. (duh-right?)

So, I think it is important to remember that just like Jerry Jones did Romo wrong (as you might
    be thinking), every NFL team owner would most likely have done the same, i.e. Manning.
    Some players like Elway have the luxury and "smarts" to retire when they feel their time is up.

I'm just hoping the L.A. Chargers are stupid enough to let Phillip Rivers walk so Denver can
    sign him.

Wondering if, after 55 yrs as a Cowboy fan, if I would be welcome? I go where Romo goes and it looks like the Broncos are going to be my new team.
    What is curious to me is if you are a 50+ year fan what is it with Romo's departure that is causing you to change loyalty? You rooted for the team long before Romo was born let alone when he became the starting QB. Is it a perception of mistreatment toward Romo from JJ or more a culmination of things with Romo's ouster being the final straw?

We've endured a lot in Broncos Country, from great heights to heartbreaking losses. I am sure we've had fans come and go as a result but, most recently, with the McDaniels saga or learning our team didn't want to win against the Colts because some players didn't want to go on to play the Patriots during the playoffs - if anything, that has really been a source of unity among the fans. It may not have forced the FO's hand one iota but it didn't matter. As fans this is our team, not in substance but certainly in spirit, and most of us refuse to accept defeat on or off the field - but it happens and you endure. We root for players because they are a part of our team not the other way around.

Please no we had ton of those with Manning and Tebow only fans in recent memory. I never understood player only fans that travel from one team to the next.

I don't like the way they treated him after the beating he took for them. The guy is a great QB and they made him a promise, then broke it.
    And DeMarcus Ware was a real trooper down there too who gave his all -- on full-attack mode even with one injured arm dangling by his side --as you recall, but no one quit the Cowboys when he got cut. It was just business, and this is too, and you're having an emotional, knee-jerk reaction which will pass. As soon as the Cowboys season starts you won't be able to resist tuning in, and as soon as you see those silver helmets, you wont be able to help but pull for them. After decades of anchoring pleasure to those uniforms, and vivid memories of victories, it's neurologically-linked, and in your blood, so to speak. As for Romo, he'll be okay -as most multi-millionaires are! He gave you guys some good games and was well-paid for that time, $127M in 14 seasons.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Bruh, you want to cheer Romo in Denver, that's cool, but ride or die with your team. That's what I say.

You can pull for any team you want, for any reason. I have to admit, I have followed my favourite players (in various sports) from one team to another. I think that's normal stuff. But.....as you have read, you may not want to post here, given the history of players coming and going, along with their respective fans.

You are welcome to post here. Just be aware of what has already been posted in this thread.

With Jones as an owner, I'm not surprised with how things turn out.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Please no we had ton of those with Manning and Tebow only fans in recent memory. I never understood player only fans that travel from one team to the next.
    Well, let's just say you were a football fan from Knoxville, Tennessee, who attended the University of Tennessee when Manning was the quarterback there. At that time, there were no Titans. So which NFL team are you rooting for? Well, the Colts were an easy transition.

And then Manning went to Denver. The Broncos are already orange, and Al Wilson was a guy from your school who had already become a Bronco-lifer. So you might have started out a Colts fan but pretty easily transitioned to the Broncos and still kind of follow the Colts.

That's where I sit. It's also a lot easier to follow the Broncos now that I'm a lot closer to Denver than I was.

I like Romo too. In fact, I'm a life-long Broncos fan (admittedly, I call them "donkeys" when they stink it up bad enough, but I ALWAYS claim them as my team). I've also been a life-long Cowboys hater. But I stopped hating them when Romo got my attention. I've rooted for them often with Romo at the helm. This year, I went back to at least disliking them again. I'd be happy to have Romo on the Broncos... but unless we've fixed our horrible O-line... he's going to get slaughtered here. Hopefully he doesn't end-up paralyzed if he comes.

Wondering if, after 55 yrs as a Cowboy fan, if I would be welcome? I go where Romo goes and it looks like the Broncos are going to be my new team.
    A couple of posters made some good points. You could also root for the Broncs as your AFC team if Romo becomes a Bronco. Also, you might want to wait and see, what if everyone one is correct and Romo does get hurt by the 5th game and he's done, then the Cowboys are looking a lot better. They say, better to trade too early than too late, this way you can get some value for him.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    so your honest opinion of Romo playing QB for the Broncos ? Not too broken ?

Nope. I think he will be better than ever. He pushed himself back in 2015 too fast. The collarbone was not healed. The back injury in 2016 was not a major injury, it just took time. Now that he has had almost a year to heal, I think he will be at the top of his game. The one series he played last season he looked better than ever, and his last full season he was arguably the league MVP.

I think the Cowboys are doing the same with Tony they did with DWare. All the talk in Cowboyland was Ware was too banged up to play at a high level anymore when they let him go

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Exactly where is that fort located?
    California. About 10 miles from the Oregon state line, on the coast. It was originally Fort Richard, but the locals thought that too pretentious.

But I know where you were going. No one has ever made a joke about this name before, so you would be the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    What is curious to me is if you are a 50+ year fan what is it with Romo's departure that is causing you to change loyalty? You rooted for the team long before Romo was born let alone when he became the starting QB. Is it a perception of mistreatment toward Romo from JJ or more a culmination of things with Romo's ouster being the final straw?

We've endured a lot in Broncos Country, from great heights to heartbreaking losses. I am sure we've had fans come and go as a result but, most recently, with the McDaniels saga or learning our team didn't want to win against the Colts because some players didn't want to go on to play the Patriots during the playoffs - if anything, that has really been a source of unity among the fans. It may not have forced the FO's hand one iota but it didn't matter. As fans this is our team, not in substance but certainly in spirit, and most of us refuse to accept defeat on or off the field - but it happens and you endure. We root for players because they are a part of our team not the other way around.
    It is not just Romo. They did the same to Landry, Emmitt and Ware, and there is talk of doing it to Witten. I am old school and hate free agency. A guy gives you everything like these players have, you don't dump him when something shiney comes along. IT too them 20 years to replace Emmitt and they still haven't come close to replacing Ware. Romo is still a better QB than Prescott.

It is not just Romo. They did the same to Landry, Emmitt and Ware, and there is talk of doing it to Witten. I am old school and hate free agency. A guy gives you everything like these players have, you don't dump him when something shiney comes along. IT too them 20 years to replace Emmitt and they still haven't come close to replacing Ware. Romo is still a better QB than Prescott.
    So it appears Romo will end up in Houston. Is that what you believe? If so, I can only assume you are having the same dialogue on their MB......

OR, are you still here because you think we are very much in the discussion?

(had to ask!)

fortdick, it must be because of those dimples right? the future down there in Big D is looking bright so this is poor timing to be jumping ship imo.