Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Knowing the source would be interesting but, regardless if it's true or not, the logic does make sense. Once the Romo deal (if ever there was one in the works) turned toward Houston, I became very skeptical of us sending Siemian packing.
    Reportedly the Texans have no interest in trading for Romo either. I think Jones thought he could get the two teams bidding against each other, but it's not going to happen. The NFL Network reporter who's at Dove Valley said that the Broncos are fine with their two QBs.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Reportedly the Texans have no interest in trading for Romo either. I think Jones thought he could get the two teams bidding against each other, but it's not going to happen. The NFL Network reporter who's at Dove Valley said that the Broncos are fine with their two QBs.
    And that matches quite closely with reports after VJ and McCoy were hired.

Rich Eisen and Mike Silver now going on and on about how the Browns are accruing all these picks just to give them to New England for Garropolo. So they accumulated picks, some of which were to take a QB who was given a massive contract after starting 8 games. In order to trade a bunch of them and then overpay for a QB with 3 career starts. That's very Browns.

But the segment appeared to be just another segment where they could praise Belichick and Brady.

Why any team would want to help the Pats is mind-blowing to me. The Pats are infamous for creating system-reliant players (especially QBs) that are useless away from BB, then they get massive value for under-performers. piubgfndkjsrhdotjanj]pmkj]p;otmhjae]pmnkthaejprk

This FA has really gotten under my skin thus far.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

I'm not sure they can get much for Osweiler. His value is pretty low right now. And who would consider bringing him in as a starter?

It has to be pretty humbling for a guy who was offended last year to now have been traded with better picks for a worse pick just to get rid of him, to a team that will never allow him to set foot inside their building.
    According to the NFL Network, they are saying the Browns will release Osweiler and let him try FA.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4koi View Post
    According to the NFL Network, they are saying the Browns will release Osweiler and let him try FA.
    But due to the offset language in his contract he will make $16 million in 2017. If he signs somewhere for $1 million then the Browns have to pay the remaining $15 million. This was an expensive trade they're being praised for especially if they then turn around and give up picks and a massive contract for a QB who has started 3 career games.

Rich Eisen and Mike Silver now going on and on about how the Browns are accruing all these picks just to give them to New England for Garropolo. So they accumulated picks, some of which were to take a QB who was given a massive contract after starting 8 games. In order to trade a bunch of them and then overpay for a QB with 3 career starts. That's very Browns.

But the segment appeared to be just another segment where they could praise Belichick and Brady.
    Think about that for a second. The patriots are asking for multiple top Draft Picks for a 3rd-year, 2nd Round QB with 4 Starts. And evidently, that's what Cleveland is going to do.

Doesn't that sound familiar, but in a bad way for Denver? I remember when we had a 2nd Round QB who got signed away from us for an $18 million dollar Contract where the Broncos got zilch in return. And, I get it that osweiler was an FA and Garapollo is under Contract. I just think we missed an opportunity to Trade a valuable commodity that was never going to help our team, earlier.

Oh well, it's always easy to see the past with 20/20 vision.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    Think about that for a second. The patriots are asking for multiple top Draft Picks for a 3rd-year, 2nd Round QB with 4 Starts. And evidently, that's what Cleveland is going to do.

Doesn't that sound familiar, but in a bad way for Denver? I remember when we had a 2nd Round QB who got signed away from us for an $18 million dollar Contract where the Broncos got zilch in return. And, I get it that osweiler was an FA and Garapollo is under Contract. I just think we missed an opportunity to Trade a valuable commodity that was never going to help our team, earlier.

Oh well, it's always easy to see the past with 20/20 vision.
    The situation aren't identical though, going into his final season under contract Osweiler had not started a game and had played very little. If Denver had an extra year on his contract after 2015 they probably could have traded him for value, after 2014 he was an unknown quantity.

The situation aren't identical though, going into his final season under contract Osweiler had not started a game and had played very little. If Denver had an extra year on his contract after 2015 they probably could have traded him for value, after 2014 he was an unknown quantity.
    1 1/2 years ago, I'm guessing that a minimum of 60% of the people Posting on this message board thought, and said, Brock Osweiler was the "future" of the Broncos Franchise. Now look at where he is. A complete disaster in Houston, given away to where "QBs Go To Die", in Cleveland, and even Cleveland doesn't want the guy. Another Top Broncos Draft pick spent on a Quarterback who might soon be out of the NFL. Makes me not want to hold my breath that Paxton Lynch brings us any closer to the answer.

1 1/2 years ago, I'm guessing that a minimum of 60% of the people Posting on this message board thought, and said, Brock Osweiler was the "future" of the Broncos Franchise. Now look at where he is. A complete disaster in Houston, given away to where "QBs Go To Die", in Cleveland, and even Cleveland doesn't want the guy. Another Top Broncos Draft pick spent on a Quarterback who might soon be out of the NFL. Makes me not want to hold my breath that Paxton Lynch brings us any closer to the answer.
    Well when you put it like that *gulp* all I can do is hope that you are wrong about that.

I can see the Texans doing something like that though. I mean, they only have Savage now as their QB right? So they may actually need a win-now QB more than we do.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

ha, funny how things turn out. Brock Osweiler has literally been snubbed and humiliated in a terrible way. Cleveland literally made that trade to get a 2nd round pick, Brock is already expected to be released and thrown to the side like an unwanted mayo packet. Like, think about it. Cleveland is literally taking his cap hit of $16million and releasing him with zero intention of having him start or wear a jersey. How worthless must he feel now? Hope his money numbs the pain. I also don't have high hopes for Lynch, but you never know. Same for Siemian, both have a ways to go before they reach a competitive level against their peers in our division.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    ha, funny how things turn out. Brock Osweiler has literally been snubbed and humiliated in a terrible way. Cleveland literally made that trade to get a 2nd round pick, Brock is already expected to be released and thrown to the side like an unwanted mayo packet. Like, think about it. Cleveland is literally taking his cap hit of $16million and releasing him with zero intention of having him start or wear a jersey. How worthless must he feel now? Hope his money numbs the pain. I also don't have high hopes for Lynch, but you never know. Same for Siemian, both have a ways to go before they reach a competitive level against their peers in our division.
    LOL You have a way with words, there. Osweiler grew up in Montana, so he won't be living in New York or L.A. with a big, expensive entourage, and I'm guessing that he could live off the interest from what he is guaranteed from the Contract. He may be on the QB dung heap, but he is set for life with that money ............. if he has a brain in his head.

As to Lynch? Every Quarterback drafted is a crapshoot. Nobody knows what they are going to get from a 1st Pick QB (like Bradford) to 7th Round Draft Pick (like Siemian). You've got to be real lucky.

LOL You have a way with words, there. Osweiler grew up in Montana, so he won't be living in New York or L.A. with a big, expensive entourage, and I'm guessing that he could live off the interest from what he is guaranteed from the Contract. He may be on the QB dung heap, but he is set for life with that money ............. if he has a brain in his head.

As to Lynch? Every Quarterback drafted is a crapshoot. Nobody knows what they are going to get from a 1st Pick QB (like Bradford) to 7th Round Draft Pick (like Siemian). You've got to be real lucky.
    Ha, thanks. Yeah Osweiler is set, and even though he was a terrible QB, he doesn't seem like a terrible human being little or no foresight, I'm sure in all likelihood he'll be fine. And yep...I think Trevor has a ton more potential than we think he has, especially for a 7th rounder. At the same time it's hard to gauge Lynch at all if he was worth a 1st round pick if it's going to take him 2 years on the bench before he starts a full season. Never know what you're going to get in the draft.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Well, he ain't no Peyton and Kubiak knew that a hobbling Peyton could squeeze every ounce of what he could to provide some respect for the Broncos offense, come playoff time and Kubiak put the Broncos first, rightly so. Not sure why it was such an affront to Brock. Just see Romo and how well he handled it.

Actually Broncos' fans should be thankful that he felt that way and took the Texans' money, otherwise folks may be laughing at the Broncos now.
    Last edited by chad72; 03-10-2017 at 12:25 PM.