Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What cracks me up is that these guys, Leary and Watson are so soft spoken but are so aggressive on the field. Both talked about liking to punch guys in the mouth and being physical. I like it.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Bolles/Ramcyk -- Leary -- Paradis -- Garcia -- Watson

Could be alright. Wouldn't be opposed to signing Beachum either. A Clady reunion could make some sense for veteran minimum to go along with drafting a LT in round one or two to develop/compete.
    Wow, this is horrendous.

First of Ramzyck is injured and he will miss 3 months if not more recovering. He will not be ready for TC and even less so to start at LT at the pro level. Bolles is a RT and Garcia is awful. Schofield is better at RG.

Are we really discussing Clady? The guy is awful and injury-prone. Since the Lisc Franc injury he has not been the same. He should retire.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...2-0fc7988cd8ea

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...6-d10a6d70524c

I liked what he had to say. Would love to see the big guy at corner back lol. He seems to have some attitude and wants to do whatever it takes for the team. Just wants to get in there and mix it up is how I took it. I like him.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 03-10-2017 at 07:48 PM.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    Wow, this is horrendous.

First of Ramzyck is injured and he will miss 3 months if not more recovering. He will not be ready for TC and even less so to start at LT at the pro level. Bolles is a RT and Garcia is awful. Schofield is better at RG.

Are we really discussing Clady? The guy is awful and injury-prone. Since the Lisc Franc injury he has not been the same. He should retire.
    Garrett Bolles played Left Tackle at Utah. He hasn't joined an NFL team yet. O-Line coaches do a fair amount of shuffling to get the best five to their best spots. It is possible Bolles could end up at any O-Line position outside of Center, but that is yet to be determined. Can you link a scouting report that says he will definitely play Right Tackle?

Michael Schofield played Right Guard in a predominantly zone stepped rushing attack last year. If Denver uses more angle blocking in their rushing attack this year, he might project better to a different position and there might be a guy more suitable for RG.
    Last edited by samparnell; 03-10-2017 at 08:25 PM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Den615 View Post
    Bolles/Ramcyk -- Leary -- Paradis -- Garcia -- Watson

Could be alright. Wouldn't be opposed to signing Beachum either. A Clady reunion could make some sense for veteran minimum to go along with drafting a LT in round one or two to develop/compete.
    Fixed it for you!

Ramczyk, Leary, Paradis, McGovern, Watson

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    Fixed it for you!

Ramczyk, Leary, Paradis, McGovern, Watson
    I'm a McGovern fan, too. I think he beats out Garcia for RG as well. While not the best OL, it looks like an improvement to me. I'm still a little suspect about the Watson signing, but after watching his press and interview, I liked him a little more. I liked the Leary signing from the start, so I'm happy about that.

I'm also not that high on Bolles as others are, but that's just my own opinion. I would be cool with the Ram in the first.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Haven't seen Connor McGovern play football since preseason 2016. I think he was at Center in his last preseason game. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in a game again.

I think the last guy I saw at RG who was not Michael Schofield was Billy Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Haven't seen Connor McGovern play football since preseason 2016. I think he was at Center in his last preseason game. I'm looking forward to seeing him play in a game again.

I think the last guy I saw at RG who was not Michael Schofield was Billy Turner.
    You think McGovern or Ferentz fills in for Paradis if Paradis isn't ready for week 1

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You think McGovern or Ferentz fills in for Paradis if Paradis isn't ready for week 1
    Well, it depends on who makes the roster. Who makes the roster on the O-Line will depend on how well each guy can do what they ask him to do.

There has been talk of Denver's rushing attack using more angle blocking. Some have suggested it might flip from being predominantly zone steps to being more angle blocked. If that is true, the best down blockers and pullers will make the roster.

Even if Matt Paradis is ready for TC, the question about him besides his health is how well he can down block. He has a great head on his shoulders and is experienced making line calls, but how effective would he be at POA on an angle blocked run play?

That same question applies to James Ferentz, Connor McGovern, Max Garcia, Dillon Day and any other prospective Center. Ferentz and Day played Center all through college. McGovern played Guard and Tackle at Mizzou and has repped at G and C for the Broncos. Garcia played Tackle, Guard and Center (his senior year at Florida) and has only played G so far, I think.

So, if Paradis starts the season on the PUP list, those are the in house candidates to cover the Center position. I doubt if Denver will draft one and it isn't a strong year for Centers. Maybe they sign a FA?

James Ferentz has lined up at Fullback depth on Jumbo GL/short yardage formations, but I don't recall him taking snaps at Center during the season. McGovern repped at Center in preseason and played at that spot for the better part of a preseason game last year.

The Center picture will come into better focus as Paradis rehabs and Spring drills begin. O-Line issues don't get real clear until the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins in TC. That's when you find out who can stay in the Sumo circle and if a guy who looked good in shorts can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, it depends on who makes the roster. Who makes the roster on the O-Line will depend on how well each guy can do what they ask him to do.

There has been talk of Denver's rushing attack using more angle blocking. Some have suggested it might flip from being predominantly zone steps to being more angle blocked. If that is true, the best down blockers and pullers will make the roster.

Even if Matt Paradis is ready for TC, the question about him besides his health is how well he can down block. He has a great head on his shoulders and is experienced making line calls, but how effective would he be at POA on an angle blocked run play?

That same question applies to James Ferentz, Connor McGovern, Max Garcia, Dillon Day and any other prospective Center. Ferentz and Day played Center all through college. McGovern played Guard and Tackle at Mizzou and has repped at G and C for the Broncos. Garcia played Tackle, Guard and Center (his senior year at Florida) and has only played G so far, I think.

So, if Paradis starts the season on the PUP list, those are the in house candidates to cover the Center position. I doubt if Denver will draft one and it isn't a strong year for Centers. Maybe they sign a FA?

James Ferentz has lined up at Fullback depth on Jumbo GL/short yardage formations, but I don't recall him taking snaps at Center during the season. McGovern repped at Center in preseason and played at that spot for the better part of a preseason game last year.

The Center picture will come into better focus as Paradis rehabs and Spring drills begin. O-Line issues don't get real clear until the hats and pads go on and the hitting begins in TC. That's when you find out who can stay in the Sumo circle and if a guy who looked good in shorts can hit.
    Good stuff Sam, I'm excited...I can see us picking up a couple more guys in the draft and we're going to have a lot guys fighting for spots.