Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How we get back to the Super Bowl

Free Agency was not going to get us there. It was slim pickens from the start and everything was at a premium price.

What I suspect Elway is working on and what we need to do:

1. Get a trade going for Joe Thomas. Give Cleveland our #2 and throw in Donald Stevenson/Sambrilo/Schofield and a 6th or some combo similar to that.

2. If Romo gets released, tell him he can come along and captain the ship but it would have to be at a cheap base salary and big incentives for post season success.

3. Draft Christian with our #1. He instantly makes our team better. Better starting field position, and a heck of a weapon to play with when CJ and Booker aren't pounding the ball.

4. Basically use the rest of the draft on best available DTs and OTs.

The most important thing here is getting Joe Thomas, that instantly makes our Oline much better which has a ripple effect on the rest of the offense.

That is how you get to the super bowl.

The Browns are not trading Joe Thomas......
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    The Browns are not trading Joe Thomas......
    They were not trading for Oz either... Until they did.

What was the deal that was on the table a few years ago? Wasn't it a 4th and a player or something like that? What about a 3rd and Sanders? The money makes more senses with Sanders.

"How we get back to the Super Bowl"

Draft better...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by KAPA View Post
    They were not trading for Oz either... Until they did.

What was the deal that was on the table a few years ago? Wasn't it a 4th and a player or something like that? What about a 3rd and Sanders? The money makes more senses with Sanders.

The Browns wanted another second round pick,they don't care about getting Oz...matter of fact,they never said they was keeping Brock in the first place.

Ill be more shocked,if they actually kept Brock,because all signs are looking that he's getting traded or getting released by the Browns.
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Buy some tickets

We're not getting Romo. Heard on the NFL network that people close to him are claiming Houston is more appealing to him. It's closer to home for him and they're just as good, if not better than us with him as their QB. Our O-Line is too terrible right now.

How the Denver Broncos get back to the Super Bowl:

1. Win enough games in the regular season so they qualify for the playoffs.
    2. Win enough playoff games so they qualify for the Super Bowl.

It's easy, just a two step process...
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    We're not getting Romo. Heard on the NFL network that people close to him are claiming Houston is more appealing to him. It's closer to home for him and they're just as good, if not better than us with him as their QB. Our O-Line is too terrible right now.
    If he's interested in Houston then he should have his people out there claiming he's more interested in Denver, get Houston panicked and ready to pay him more. Denver isn't desperate for him, Houston is.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    "How we get back to the Super Bowl"

Draft better...
    Amen to that!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!

This Romo thing is nearly a non factor to me. I mean if we give Simean a quality O-line and add a weapon like McCaffery, I don't see Romo being able to give us much more than what TS can give us. When you factor in Romo would cost $10MM more, I would rather put that toward depth somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KAPA View Post
    This Romo thing is nearly a non factor to me. I mean if we give Simean a quality O-line and add a weapon like McCaffery, I don't see Romo being able to give us much more than what TS can give us. When you factor in Romo would cost $10MM more, I would rather put that toward depth somewhere.
    If the Broncos waste a first round pick on a player who fits the skill set of a player they could get in the 4th round or later, they'll be out of the playoffs for a few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If the Broncos waste a first round pick on a player who fits the skill set of a player they could get in the 4th round or later, they'll be out of the playoffs for a few years to come.
    A little over dramatic...

Trade for Kyle Shanahan
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Depends on how he is used. If you look at him as a slot WR that has Edelmann type potential, not sure I see those skills in round 4 WRs. I think there is also a pretty high floor there based on his versatility. Eric Metcalf comes to mind.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots