Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Broncos sign T Menelik Watson

Just saying. Haven't seen it on here yet. If it was, my apologies.

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017...-from-raiders/

IF he can stay healthy he should be an improvement at RT

Adopted Bronco 2016 Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Just saying. Haven't seen it on here yet. If it was, my apologies.

http://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2017...-from-raiders/
    Yeah, This was kind of a known thing. We like him...just like Stephenson....hopefully he doesn't turn out the same. Same type of player though. Injury prone, backup that could produce. Hate the contract though. This should show Stephenson the door though....which we already know is bad.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    IF he can stay healthy he should be an improvement at RT
    Not really encouraging seeing this at the end of the article.

"That said, Watson’s No. 56 overall Pro Football Focus grade (48.8 pass blocking) is certainly not going to encourage many."

If I was Tony Romo, I would go to be laughing at us and calling up Houston begging them to make an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Yeah, This was kind of a known thing. We like him...just like Stephenson....hopefully he doesn't turn out the same. Same type of player though. Injury prone, backup that could produce. Hate the contract though. This should show Stephenson the door though....which we already know is bad.
    Big difference is that Kansas City did not care about Donald leaving. Oakland tried keeping Watson.

I really wanted Wagner or Reif, but better than what we had at RT. On the Brightside he knows the division, and has faced Mack regularly in practice.

Our line is shaping up:

LT Stephenson/Schofield/Sambrailo and possibly a rookie battling for the starter spot and back up
    LG Max Garcia - C. McGovern
    C Paradis - Ferentz
    RG Ronald Leary - Schofield/Turner
    RT Watson - Stephenson

I hope we will be able to pick up 1 yard on 3rd down this year if we run behind Leary and Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Big difference is that Kansas City did not care about Donald leaving. Oakland tried keeping Watson.
    Oh, I agree, I have more faith in him with his draft status and not being able to play that much on their Offensive line(which is top 3 in AFC), but it is a big gamble for that money. I am happy we signed him....I just want us to cut Stephenson.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I really wanted Wagner or Reif, but better than what we had at RT. On the Brightside he knows the division, and has faced Mack regularly in practice.

Our line is shaping up:

LT Stephenson/Schofield/Sambrailo and possibly a rookie battling for the starter spot and back up
    C Paradis - Ferentz
    RT Watson - Stephenson

I hope we will be able to pick up 1 yard on 3rd down this year if we run behind Leary and Watson.
    That left side is still a big cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

Our line is shaping up:

C Paradis - Ferentz
    RT Watson - Stephenson

Leary is a LG. Garcia and McGovern will battle it out for RG. Hoping it goes to McGovern.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Leary is a LG. Garcia and McGovern will battle it out for RG. Hoping it goes to McGovern.
    Considering that Paradis just had surgery on both hips, I will be surprised if Garcia doesn't start the season at Center.

So we signed another Stephenson, But this guy can't stay healthy. He got abused by Clowney & the Texans in his last appearance. Get ready for another season of bad oline play.

3 years 18 mill. I imagine he is a starter.

Sigh....such an underwhelming signing. I hope the front office knows what the heck they are doing. Patriots are loading up EVERYWHERE, while we sign third tier wannabees.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Sigh....such an underwhelming signing. I hope the front office knows what the heck they are doing. Patriots are loading up EVERYWHERE, while we sign third tier wannabees.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    I'd argue they stayed about the same at CB2. There were times where Logan appeared to be the better corner between him and butler. I'd say they got worse at their TE2. I'd say, while they didn't have to give up much to get him, people are severely overestimating Kony Ealy's abilities based on the super bowl. He's been incredibly average besides that game. Is he that much of an upgrade or at all compared to the two guys they lost? I personally don't think so. I don't think New England has gotten much worse, but to say they have been "loading up" is to ignore the fact that everyone they've acquired have simply been a lateral replacement of the player that left them. However, if they're unable to resign Hightower, there is no one they're signing (barring a major trade) that will be a lateral replacement for him.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 03-10-2017 at 06:05 PM.