Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Draft Ryan Ramczyk

LT- Ramcyzk, backup Stephenson

LG- Leary

C- Paradise

RG- Garcia backup McGovern

RT- Watson backup Sambrailo

My guess is that they are going to give Sambrailo first crack at LT, Watson first crack at RT and Stephenson at backup for both.
    New England Patriots GM

Is it assumed that Garcia will be better at RG than Schofield? I thought Schofield was decent last year, while Garcia looked terrible.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    My guess is that they are going to give Sambrailo first crack at LT, Watson first crack at RT and Stephenson at backup for both.
    I have a feeling they are going to have an open competition for the tackle spots. I don't think anyone has done anything to earn first crack at anything.

But I agree your scenario, as far as landing spots, seems likely.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Is it assumed that Garcia will be better at RG than Schofield? I thought Schofield was decent last year, while Garcia looked terrible.
    Exactly. I think Garcia was the problem on the left side and hurt Okung. I would rather move him to center. He can get all the offseason reps while Paradis is out and be a insurance plan for Paradis if he doesn't recover.
    I came into the off-season thinking we needed 2 guards more than 2 tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    I thought so, too. Maybe they think Garcia can thrive in a scheme that's more power based.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm thinking Stephenson will be cut...
    Looks like he is going to hang around and be given a shot to compete for a spot. Given the financial situation as it was explained to me in a different thread I'm good with that.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I thought so, too. Maybe they think Garcia can thrive in a scheme that's more power based.
    Completely agree. My projection for OL next year is Sambrailo/Leary/Garcia/Schofield/Watson. I see Paradis not making it back in time and him being on the PUP list but able to return. And of course that no talent ass clown Stephenson backing up Watson and possible Sambrailo pending on who we draft at Tackle. Either way...it is going to be a scary first couple games waiting for them to gel....if they do. McCoy has quite the gameplans to draw up this year.
    New England Patriots GM

Looks like he is going to hang around and be given a shot to compete for a spot. Given the financial situation as it was explained to me in a different thread I'm good with that.
    Looks like he will get paid what the dead cap hit would have been regardless. So cost us nothing more for camp and 2M more than the cap hit would have been if he wins a spot. Not a bad resolution for him coming off a horrible year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Completely agree. My projection for OL next year is Sambrailo/Leary/Garcia/Schofield/Watson. I see Paradis not making it back in time and him being on the PUP list but able to return. And of course that no talent ass clown Stephenson backing up Watson and possible Sambrailo pending on who we draft at Tackle. Either way...it is going to be a scary first couple games waiting for them to gel....if they do. McCoy has quite the gameplans to draw up this year.
    I keep forgetting that Sombrero opened his rookie season at LT for three games before being put on IR. Playing at RT he looked soft, passive, and technically unsound. Stephenson clearly beat him out. It could be that watching him play out of position and out of shape gave me a bad impression of him that he doesn't deserve.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Or...

LT: Menelik Watson
    LG: Ronald Leary
    C: Paradis
    RG: Max Garcia
    RT: Schofield

Back Up OT: Ty Sombrero, Billy Turner
    Back Up OG: McGovern
    Back Up Center: Ferentz
    Or...
    Starters:
    LT: Ty Sombrero
    LG: Ronald Leary (can we start calling him O'Leary?)
    RG: Schofield
    RT: Menelik Watson

Game Day Active:
    Swing Tackle: Stephenson
    OG/C: Max Garcia

Depth:
    OT: Turner
    G: McGovern
    C: Ferentz
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

lets bring Louis Vasquez and Ryan Harris out of retirement

I keep forgetting that Sombrero opened his rookie season at LT for three games before being put on IR. Playing at RT he looked soft, passive, and technically unsound. Stephenson clearly beat him out. It could be that watching him play out of position and out of shape gave me a bad impression of him that he doesn't deserve.
    Oh don't get me wrong....I still think he isn't that good at all...but for projection for LT of what we have, I think he is the best we have.....which is very bad.
    New England Patriots GM

Oh, for whoever left me anonymous neg points: Sombrero is a light-hearted nickname. I use it because it amuses me and there isn't any malice in it. It's certainly better than that goofy 'Sheriff' nickname for Manning that some were using and no one seemed to have a problem with that. I don't need you to correct my spelling because I was spelling 'Sombrero.' Sombrero.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Or...
    Starters:
    LT: Ty Sombrero
    LG: Ronald Leary (can we start calling him O'Leary?)
    RG: Schofield
    RT: Menelik Watson

Game Day Active:
    Swing Tackle: Stephenson
    OG/C: Max Garcia

Depth:
    OT: Turner
    G: McGovern
    C: Ferentz

I'm looking on NFL Game Cast at Sombrero's play for the beginning of 2015 (rookie season), three games at LT iirc. There is good and bad there. He occasionally showed bad technique and occasionally got overpowered. He also showed some good stuff too. For the most part Manning was making up for the bad as best he could-and Manning did a very good job of that-about as well as you could expect. I'm starting to believe that after becoming completely healthy, building strength, getting experience and coaching...I'm starting to believe that he could be effective as our starting LT this year.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~