Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cousins asked to be traded... Should we even try?

Just curious on what kind of trade it would take to make it happen and if we even should. I know it wouldn't be cheap, but I think he's a pretty good qb in my opinion considering the mess the Redskins have been in the last few years.

The niners are obvious favorites the browns can also he players. Wouldn't put it past the jags despite what they say about brotles and don't forget the Texans who are desperate.

Its worth a shot but in the end I dont think we have the fire power to pull it off.

It's gonna run at least two firsts, which we can't afford to give up. It would be nice but I don't think it's in our best interest personally.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Three team deal

WA gets Lynch and And Denver 1st
    Denver gets Staley and SF 2nd and 3rd, WA 3rd
    SF gets Cousins

Build around TS (all day long)
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Three team deal

SF gets Cousins

Wouldn't that be nice
    But I feel like WA is getting ripped off

Dan Snyder told him not to hold his breath. That franchise is a train wreck, I think they'll hold onto Cousins because they're stupid.

There's also a story out that Snyder holds a grudge against the Shanahans, so the Skins will not trade Cousins to San Fran.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice
    But I feel like WA is getting ripped off
    Not sure how, they are getting two 1st round picks and at least have a QB to develop. Wont go down like that, but I do remember Shanny getting involved in a similar trade involving John Abraham...all wasted on Jarvis Moss.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Three team deal

SF gets Cousins

No thank you.

I think Kirk is pretty good

If Trevor were totally awful last year I'd say for sure but we're fine considering what Kirk wants

You like that?

Haha jk. I like Kirk, but Redskins' asking price would be steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Haha jk. I like Kirk, but Redskins' asking price would be steep.
    Kirk Cousin's contract itself would be steep. Though I will say though he has great QB skills and will make any team a contender whoever he ends up playing for
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Not sure how, they are getting two 1st round picks and at least have a QB to develop. Wont go down like that, but I do remember Shanny getting involved in a similar trade involving John Abraham...all wasted on Jarvis Moss.
    Two first rounds picks? I see them getting our 20th and Paxton. Unless you're referring Paxton as the second 1st round pick? If you are, I would disagree that Paxton is even worth a 1st round pick anymore. He did himself no favors and showed that he is a develop type QB. He is worth no more than a 2nd rounder right now imo. Based on my statement, they would be getting a late first from us and a 2nd Round talent Qb. Washington getting ripped off

As someone who lives in the D.C.-area, I have seen Cousins up close. He is 10th or so in the league. Good enough to take you to the playoffs, not good enough to transform the team.

He will walk away from Washington sooner or later. He either gets a trade or plays this year for $24 million, then walks next year. Or he gets franchised a 3rd time and gets $33 million next year, then walks.

I don't blame him. Washington is the culture in the NFL. Their owner and president are entirely detached from any understanding of football and negotiating skills.

Should the Broncos go for Cousins? Unless our only need was a QB for 2017 season, the price would be too high.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    As someone who lives in the D.C.-area, I have seen Cousins up close. He is 10th or so in the league. Good enough to take you to the playoffs, not good enough to transform the team.

He will walk away from Washington sooner or later. He either gets a trade or plays this year for $24 million, then walks next year. Or he gets franchised a 3rd time and gets $33 million next year, then walks.

I don't blame him. Washington is the culture in the NFL. Their owner and president are entirely detached from any understanding of football and negotiating skills.

Should the Broncos go for Cousins? Unless our only need was a QB for 2017 season, the price would be too high.
    100% agree with this. I live in Bethesda and I too have seen him play a lot.