Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Way too early to call Lynch a "swing and miss". For starters, he was considered a project pretty much by every draft guru. So, these first couple of years are a wash to begin with. I dont expect him to start this season but next season, if he doesnt break the starting line up, considering his draft pisition, then the lsbel "bust" must apply.
    I'm not saying he's a bust, but I am disappointed we made the same mistake with Paxton as we did with Brock. We took them both too early.... we reached for Brock in the second round and we reached for Lynch last year.

DAL got lucky.... sure. But still doesn't excuse DEN for their error. We traded up for a major gamble..... that's the sort of pick you roll dice with if he falls to you.... if not, settle for next best thing. That's the smart way to draft. And, like DAL discovered, often the next best thing is the best pick.

I saw nothing from Lynch last year that inspires confidence. The entire locker room knows it too.... they all want TS.

We won five straight Div Titles...one without PM.

We went to the Super Bowl 2 out of 3 years. We won the 50th Super Bowl.

I am not happy with some things but I am pretty sure 20-25 teams would trade our 29th ranked whatever for what they been doing.

Last year people were ripping Elway for not getting Brock....how you feeling about that now?

I am not happy with all the moves the last 12 months...specially this year.

Besides NE do you really think any other team is that much better than us in the years that Elway has been running things?

I think if we start to include UDFAs and unproven player pick ups that we developed like Marshall things are much better than 29th.
    “If history teaches anything, it teaches that self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly.”― Ronald Reagan
    "Any negative polls are fake news" - Donald Trump

We have drafted enough good contributors during Elways time here to build a top D and the O does have some talent. I don't think we did enough to address the OL during FA but the Leary signing was very good.

We have a lot of young players who need to be given time to develop - Garcia will move over to RG where he is much better, I have high hopes for him this season.

Gotsis and H Man will be interesting to see this year, hopefully both make steps forward.

A bunch of young OL players have struggled but its too early to write them off.

My problem with Elway has been in rounds 2-3, and its not hindsight. I wanted Miller over Hillman and we dropped the ball on that one. I absolutely hated Latimer, Ty, and Schofield in college so no surprise they have been horrible.

I think 2 of our first 4 picks go on OL this year, we really need to make them count.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    We have drafted enough good contributors during Elways time here to build a top D and the O does have some talent. I don't think we did enough to address the OL during FA but the Leary signing was very good.

We have a lot of young players who need to be given time to develop - Garcia will move over to RG where he is much better, I have high hopes for him this season.

Gotsis and H Man will be interesting to see this year, hopefully both make steps forward.

My problem with Elway has been in rounds 2-3, and its not hindsight. I wanted Miller over Hillman and we dropped the ball on that one. I absolutely hated Latimer, Ty, and Schofield in college so no surprise they have been horrible.

I think 2 of our first 4 picks go on OL this year, we really need to make them count.
    Yep. Brock over Lavonte David was the 1 picked I hated at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Roby could start if he wasn't behind Talib and Harris, Shane Ray will likely be starting next year, even Shaq Barrett could probably even start. If you don't count Booker then you should count CJ Anderson, between the 2 they started nearly every game. I know CJ wasn't drafted, but it's the same thing.

I would like to see what Scofield could next year with another offseason under his belt, I would also like to see a healthy Sambrailo. Jordan Taylor and Heuerman are 2 more players I would to see get more playing time.

Maybe I just have a different opinion, but after spending all last season developing the youngest offense in the league, I would hate to sign a bunch of 30+ old free agents, just seems counterproductive.
    I mean I love the idea of developing our young guys and not going after the Tony Romo's as much as anyone but I can also admit we've drafted like absolute garbage in early rounds...

Striking gold on undrafteds and guys like Paradis and Malik Jackson later has bailed us out big time and that's also worth something

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    NFL scouts are worried about a top quarterback prospect because he is 'spacey' and did poorly on a pre-draft test

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch is expected to be the third quarterback selected in the NFL Draft on Thursday night, but some NFL scouts are puzzling over him for being too spacey.

Lynch - who is 6-foot-6, mobile, with good vision and an even better arm - is projected to go anywhere from the top 10 to the middle of the second round.

But his score of 18 (out of 50) on the Wonderlic Test isn't doing him any favors. It has some scouts worried about his future in the league.

As one anonymous scout told the Journal-Sentinel:

You might hit the home run with Lynch but because of the mental you might strike out. He has the best arm. It ain't even close. That big, tall son of a gun can run, too. He's a little spacey, a little different.
    Another scout echoed this:

The overall maturity level and disposition, I'd be a bit concerned. Big kid, strong arm. But he's a ways away mentally.
    Lynch's Wonderlic test is on the low side, especially among the other quarterback prospects. Goff and Wentz earned a 34 and 40, respectively, both of which are well above the average score of 20. Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan tallied a 38, the second highest among QBs, and Penn State's Christian Hackenburg, another enticing prospect, earned a 24.

(One of countless of articles that came out after his wonderlic score was released).

This was discussed ad nauseam all season on 104.3 after he was unprepared for his ATL start. He was so unprepared b/c of his lack of preparation that DEN had to start an injured TS b/c Lynch let everyone down.

TS is a Manning clone when it comes to study and preparation. Lynch is more like Manzel and RG3.
    Idk about the immaturity concerns as that's probably something only known in dove valley. I mean I can quote a friends brother in law, who supposedly met Cam Newton, and said the guy needed a handler as Cam has the brain of a 5th grader.

I feel the wonderlic like other tests is in no way definitive of a QB

One hall of fame qb I'm pretty sure we would love in his prime got a 15 on the wonderlic, and that was Dan Marino. A whole 3 points lower than Paxtons. The you have Ryan Fitzpatrick who scored the highest of any qb with 48, and he has done nothing special. I can see that there is a range where you want a QB to fall in, but like many have argued the wonderlic is A) a flawed test in its own right, and B) is another test that hasn't proven anything.
    I mean look and Eli and Peyton's scores. They got 39 and 28 in that order, and I'm certain which QB you would pick out of the 2. Also how can the mastermind of the offense, an offensive coordinator on the field have a middle of the road score score compared to others.

http://www.si.com/nfl/photos/2013/02...nderlic-scores

Pretty much like anything else there has been no definitive way to find that one QB, because others every team would be filled with Hall of Famers. I mean think how hard is it to find 32 people that can play the one position at least above average, but yet its one of the hardest positions to hit on in the NFL.
    2011 Adopted Bronco:[COLOR="DarkOrange"] Rahim[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Moore[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post

We went to the Super Bowl 2 out of 3 years. We won the 50th Super Bowl.

I am not happy with some things but I am pretty sure 20-25 teams would trade our 29th ranked whatever for what they been doing.

Last year people were ripping Elway for not getting Brock....how you feeling about that now?

I am not happy with all the moves the last 12 months...specially this year.

Besides NE do you really think any other team is that much better than us in the years that Elway has been running things?

I think if we start to include UDFAs and unproven player pick ups that we developed like Marshall things are much better than 29th.
    Good post

The undrafted guys, late round picks, and finding treasure in other teams' trash has definitely been a forte for our front office recently

The second and third round have still been absolutely anemic but we are getting talent in here better than other teams one way or another

I forgot Brock, really didn't like him in college either.

I was banging the table all draft for Ray and Roby and LOVED taking those 2, but those round 2-3 picks have me screaming every year

Robinson at 20 and Moton in 3rd after trading up for him. I would take either Alvin Kamara, Carlos Watkins, Zay Jones, or Anthony Walker in 2nd.

I forgot Brock, really didn't like him in college either.

I was banging the table all draft for Ray and Roby and LOVED taking those 2, but those round 2-3 picks have me screaming every year
    So how about we take Robinson at 20 and use our 2nd and two 3rds to move up back into the 1st and take Lamp?

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    So how about we take Robinson at 20 and use our 2nd and two 3rds to move up back into the 1st and take Lamp?
    I don't know much about the college players, only what I've read.

I would love Robinson at 20.

Bolles has too many question marks..... strength, off the field, age

Not a fan of Ramcyzk from highlights I've seen. Gets pushed back too much and is a little flat footed at times

Moton looks promising but raw.

From what I've read on Lamp people have him as a guard in the NFL

So basically I would take Robinson at 20, if he is gone then ignore the tackles. Moton would be a decent pick up in the second

This pick still gives me nightmares. Then they followed that up by trading up for Hillman over Lamar Miller.

I don't know much about the college players, only what I've read.

I would love Robinson at 20.

Bolles has too many question marks..... strength, off the field, age

Not a fan of Ramcyzk from highlights I've seen. Gets pushed back too much and is a little flat footed at times

Moton looks promising but raw.

From what I've read on Lamp people have him as a guard in the NFL

So basically I would take Robinson at 20, if he is gone then ignore the tackles. Moton would be a decent pick up in the second
    I know. People also were complaining about all of JE misses in rounds 2-3. That's why I said trade all 3 picks in those rounds to move to late 1st and take Lamp. That would give us a little extra of Robinson-Leary-Paradis-Lamp-Watson.

I can deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    We should all be thankful for the past successes, but in a "what have you done for me lately" league, our current streak is missing the playoffs. What Elway and Co did 2012-2015 whats phenomenal...greatest turn around of talent in the NFL that I can remember. However, that was a once in a lifetime opportunity with Manning. Concern now is how do we stop and reverse the trend of less talent than the year before?

The artile does say past 5 years, so 2011 draft is not included and that was by far one of the better Elway drafts. Even Franklin and Moore have value.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Pretty sure the only ones that have called his work ethic into question have been people on these boards that heard a rumor that bronco reporters have completely denied. So, why do people on here keep coming up with this? Just to fit their narrative?
    To add to this Paxton came from a nearly 100 percent scripted or limited offense. Sure there were a few plays where he had his options and could do what he wished. Overall the ofence was built so he could throw to option 1 and rarely think about needing to move to option 2 or 3.

This is not a knock against Lynch. To the contrary this is exactly the reason why he was deemed a raw pick. He needed time to develop and improve his game. He showed some nice progress last season and most importantly showed he can protect the football. Unlike many on these boards I actually expect to see Lynch make real progress this offseason. Oddly enough the one thing which made him such an intriguing prospect is the one thing he needs to improve on the most...the deep ball. Unlike many others though he can - and that is because he has the arm strength to toss it where ever he wants to.