Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    None. There is maybe one OL in this draft thats really worthy of a 1st round selection; Cam Robinson, and Id consider him late 1st round worthy.

This draft has one of the worst OL classes Ive ever seen.

If we draft an OL other than Robinson in the 1st round, Ill be disappointed.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

I would not be upset if we pass on all 3 in round one and none should make it to our round two pick. I think they are all RT guys and with Mayock saying Robinson is probably a guard and reports that Ramczyk doesn't love the game I say we pass and get someone on D or a weapon on offence (TE/WR) early and look for RT material later in the rounds. Bolles is the only guy that I think we should take at 20 of the 3, but we are so desperate at Tackle that we may reach just because and continue our awful drafting in the Elway era. Only good picks we seem to have are later (4th and after) picks. I hope the Lynch and Ray turn out to be exceptions.

I think Robinson could start day one at RT and hopefully be the LT of the future. Ram is my favorite, he is a technician and has been taught correctly at Wisconsin.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    None. There is maybe one OL in this draft thats really worthy of a 1st round selection; Cam Robinson, and Id consider him late 1st round worthy.

Lots of speculation Broncos are interested I'm Bolles and thinks he's day one material

My OT of choice is Cam Robinson. Only 21 years old, can still get stronger and a lot better. He has the talent to play LT, but needs to improve the technique. The best way to avoid another situation like this in the near future is to develop a young LT now, just like Shanahan did with Clady. If Ereck Flowers was the 9th-overall pick and Andrus Peat was the 13th-overall pick, Cam Robinson is worthy of the 20th-overall pick without a doubt. Highest ceiling among these OTs.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    My OT of choice is Cam Robinson. Only 21 years old, can still get stronger and a lot better. He has the talent to play LT, but needs to improve the technique. The best way to avoid another situation like this in the near future is to develop a young LT now, just like Shanahan did with Clady. If Ereck Flowers was the 9th-overall pick and Andrus Peat was the 13th-overall pick, Cam Robinson is worthy of the 20th-overall pick without a doubt. Highest ceiling among these OTs.
    Right. NFL teams need to draft and develop O-Linemen since so few are ready to start as rookies. Even if a high draft pick successfully starts, it's icing on the cake. We may find out this year ...
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

If Foster, McCaffrey, and Howard are not there at #20. Then I would consider taking Can Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    If Foster, McCaffrey, and Howard are not there at #20. Then I would consider taking Can Robinson.
    Who would you have to play LT this year? If we try and go with Stephenson(the worst graded RT in 2016), Ty (one of the worst rated RT in 2016) and Schofield at LT this season we are going to be worse offensively then last year. If Elway thinks there is a tackle who can play straight away or develop into our starting LT I think that's going to be the pick. If he doesn't think they can play right away I'd like to see us trade for a veteran like Jason Peters but with Lane Johnson facing suspension I doubt the Eagles let him go.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I expect more from the current players then most I see posting. Even if they graded poorly they are still NFL rated quality players. Still have talent and athleticism. Still can be coached and improve.

I think the offensive system and play calling will help all be better his year. Felt that Kubiak was set in his ways to the detriment of a lot of the players. Expecting McCoy to be a bit more creative and less predictable. And putting players in better position to utilize their strengths. At least I hope so anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 15thebeast View Post
    Who would you have to play LT this year? If we try and go with Stephenson(the worst graded RT in 2016), Ty (one of the worst rated RT in 2016) and Schofield at LT this season we are going to be worse offensively then last year. If Elway thinks there is a tackle who can play straight away or develop into our starting LT I think that's going to be the pick. If he doesn't think they can play right away I'd like to see us trade for a veteran like Jason Peters but with Lane Johnson facing suspension I doubt the Eagles let him go.
    No disagreement that the current LT situation is grim. But the choice may come down to drafting for LT in the first round and getting what would be a second round LT in next year's draft, or drafting for a first round talent in another position of need (of which we have several). Personally, I'd come down on the side of getting the most talented player we can in a position of need. Maybe Elway can pull a rabbit out of his hat or some of our players will surprise us, but we may also be having a LT discussion this time next year.

Forrest Lamp is my favorite OT in the draft. Many project him to guard but I think he has the skills to be a LT.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    Forrest Lamp is my favorite OT in the draft. Many project him to guard but I think he has the skills to be a LT.
    I like him too, but there is way too much length on the edge these days for guys with small wing spans to play LT, maybe not impossible, but very difficult. Coming from Conf USA, not really sure how much competition he faced at LT to compare to what he will see in the NFL. Having him be the RG for the next 8-10 years would not be a bad thing though and he could back up the LT spot...lots of value there.

Also the only OL guy I would take in round 1.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I expect more from the current players then most I see posting. Even if they graded poorly they are still NFL rated quality players. Still have talent and athleticism. Still can be coached and improve.

I think the offensive system and play calling will help all be better his year. Felt that Kubiak was set in his ways to the detriment of a lot of the players. Expecting McCoy to be a bit more creative and less predictable. And putting players in better position to utilize their strengths. At least I hope so anyways.
    Also have to remember, we had 2 QBs who were "basically" rookies (yes I know Siemian wasn't technically a rookie) take all the snaps, and a rookie RB start about half the games. That's a lot of inexperience in the backfield which will negatively affect the line.

We had QBs who held the ball too long like all young QBs, they also ran into pressure often instead of avoiding it. We had a RB who struggled to see holes and at times would run right at defenders. With experience these issues should improve which will help the line.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I like him too, but there is way too much length on the edge these days for guys with small wing spans to play LT, maybe not impossible, but very difficult. Coming from Conf USA, not really sure how much competition he faced at LT to compare to what he will see in the NFL. Having him be the RG for the next 8-10 years would not be a bad thing though and he could back up the LT spot...lots of value there.

Also the only OL guy I would take in round 1.
    I agree that he is the only OL I really would want at 20 and at worst he could pair with Leary for the next few years making a formidable combo.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post

This depends. HE did struggle in his last game he played in with a much deeper talent pool of players. One of the reasons why the Bowl games are played is to take some of the top rated prospects and put them on the field together. Some can argue that this is a bit more like an NFL setting as your looking at an overall deeper pool of talent on both sides of the field.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Right. NFL teams need to draft and develop O-Linemen since so few are ready to start as rookies. Even if a high draft pick successfully starts, it's icing on the cake. We may find out this year ...
    This is a unique issue which appears to become more and more common as there is a wider and wider divide between the NFL offenses and College offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by kapzk View Post
    What I don't understand is why people aren't looking at a guy like Curtis Samuel as a guy who can be in the 1st round. If your looking at a versatile player (like a McCaffrey then he is a near clone and he runs faster.