Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 Prospects

Interesting patterns in this year's draft, at least according to the way DJ's Top 50 portray. Here are some of the characteristics:

1) Dbacks are a hot commodity - There are 10 CBs and 7 Safeties in the top 50 list, including Safeties at #2 and #3. Never seen two this high as long as I can remember!
    2) DEs are prominent as well - There are 8 DEs on the list, including the #1, #4 and #6 players.
    3) If anything, LBs are not as hot as in some years, with 6 in the top 50, but only 1 in the top 25.
    4) O Is Lacking: There are only 4 Oliners, 3 QBs and 3 WRs on this list! The OTs do not make the list until #21, and the QBs only show up at #27!
    5) TEs / RBs are the best picks on O - 5 RBs and 4 TEs make the list, including 3 RBs in the top 20 and 2 TEs high up, at #7 and #12.
    6) All in all......31 D players make the list, and only 19 O players.

This list is far from conclusive, and will change a few times before the draft, but it does support the reports I've heard. It certainly bodes well for teams looking for defensive help, but one never knows how it will play out til the draft concludes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...7-nfl-draft-30
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-13-2017 at 01:20 PM.

The good news is that teams will draft QBs higher than they should, so even though they don't show up until 27, there'll probably be 2-3 drafted before that.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Screw it let's just take a QB at 20

I could see taking a CB. Not necessarily a position of need, but with Webster maybe leaving and Roby being spotty, if the BPA is a CB, it would help to extend the 'No-Fly-Zone'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    I could see taking a CB. Not necessarily a position of need, but with Webster maybe leaving and Roby being spotty, if the BPA is a CB, it would help to extend the 'No-Fly-Zone'.
    There's a bunch of good ones.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Is that injury that the Washington CB sustained really career ending? If he is that good, but reports say he slides like 3 rounds, should we take him in the 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Is that injury that the Washington CB sustained really career ending? If he is that good, but reports say he slides like 3 rounds, should we take him in the 3rd?
    It's reported as a torn achilles, which is a pretty bad injury for a corner. It was the very last drill he was to run before being drafted, poor guy.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

I am really hoping for Mccaffrey .... Not just because of his dad but i really feel the broncos are missing a Multi threat. Same reason I wanted braxton miller last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    I am really hoping for Mccaffrey .... Not just because of his dad but i really feel the broncos are missing a Multi threat. Same reason I wanted braxton miller last year.
    DJ has him going to The Saints at #11! Sounds like he is gaining momentum.

DJ has us taking OT Cam Robinson.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    If it were an acl I would say 3rd round. He could very well be undrafted because of this. I would definitely take him if he is still sitting in the 7th. Draft n stash let him take all the time he needs to rehab hopefully he is ready by next training camp and see how he holds up.

Anyone else see that Jeremiah updated his mock draft yesterday and has Dalvin Cook plummeting. Currently going 27th to KC.

Not sure how serious the character issues have been to drop him like this but if he is available at #20 the Broncos have to consider it.

At #20 I want to see dynamic playmakers on either side of the ball. Not another olineman with "potential". Broncos have that on the roster already.

Funny how McCaffrey continues to climb the mocks. Still hoping he somehow slips to the Broncos. But if it plays out that the Broncos chose Cook I would not be disappointed.

Just a couple weeks ago there were many around here considering McCaffrey overrated and easily found in late rounds. Interesting hearing a panel talking about him potentially landing in NO had them raving about the multiple ways he impacts a game. Especially the fantasy points guy!