Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    What part of that quote is "calling him out?" It's a generic comment that you'll see most coaches say about most young QBs. And please provide a link to Dennison calling out Lynch and his worth ethic being questioned. Because from my best recollection, it was just people speculating on this board and not actual things with substance.
    If there wasn't anything more to that meaning then why would coach add in the "but being QB is more than just talent" part? Why even say that if there's nothing to it?

    A generic comment about a player is "He's a young guy with a lot of talent". The rest on there is not for no reason m8.

    I hope he gets his head straight and takes it seriously this year. We need a QB to really step up, and it's going to take both he and Trevor pushing themselves as hard as they can to cause both of them to work harder and for one to come out on top as a much better product. If Lynch or Trevor phones it in, the other will get the job by default and will probably not work as hard. So lets really really hope there's nothing to this.

    I think we have to take wishful thinking out of the mix on these types of things tho. People keep saying these things about him for a reason. He's young tho, and could snap out of it (if it is an issue); it'll be up to him tho. No one else can change what he is or isn't, but him.


    Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    If true, it's not impossible for Lynch to grow in this area. Look at Von Miller.
    Not a good comparison in fact quite a poor one. Von miller was defensive rookie of the year. And he was considered the best outside linebacker in football before his issues came forward (ie. Suspension). He had the physical talent and football IQ, he just had off field problems. Lynch has ways to go in being one of the best.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    893
    Would be nice to trade him and salvage that pick for something while we still can, a second would be nice.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,343
    VJ hasn't even coached him yet.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,947
    Paxton kinda sucks right now but the "trade him while we can" stuff is pretty dumb IMO

    It'll look even dumber if/when he ends up being our guy

    Bottom line he's either going to succeed or fail HERE and that's that

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    2,799
    I saw no comment that called out Lynch. Some were saying what he needed to work on. Show me one QB in his second year that did not need to work on something. Even Peyton Manning was a work in progress. Last I heard Lynch was training with a QB coach, one does not do that in the offseason unless he has more of a work ethic than most others. This is the time of year when most players take vacations or play golf. Lynch however is working on his career. If that is not dedication, then what is?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Would be nice to trade him and salvage that pick for something while we still can, a second would be nice.
    Lol oh gosh.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    There was a qualifier in MHS's comment, which is WHEN TALENT DOES NOT WORKand it wasn't simply that hard work beats talent. You're argument is a classic straw man.
    Tebow can't beat out QBs that don't work. He can't beat out Single A players that don't work. Hard work is good, but talent is also required.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    If there wasn't anything more to that meaning then why would coach add in the "but being QB is more than just talent" part? Why even say that if there's nothing to it?

    A generic comment about a player is "He's a young guy with a lot of talent". The rest on there is not for no reason m8.

    I hope he gets his head straight and takes it seriously this year. We need a QB to really step up, and it's going to take both he and Trevor pushing themselves as hard as they can to cause both of them to work harder and for one to come out on top as a much better product. If Lynch or Trevor phones it in, the other will get the job by default and will probably not work as hard. So lets really really hope there's nothing to this.

    I think we have to take wishful thinking out of the mix on these types of things tho. People keep saying these things about him for a reason. He's young tho, and could snap out of it (if it is an issue); it'll be up to him tho. No one else can change what he is or isn't, but him.
    You guys are reading way too much into this. Especially since the coaches haven't even seen him yet. How do you call out a player for not working hard when he's never spent a minute doing anything for you?

    Reports are Lynch is working with a private QB coach this offseason, that's a good indication that he's working.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    236
    Just hope that Lynch can improve. As really glad he is wanting to. But really sitting to see Trevor hopefully last year made him learn.
    SEPTEMBER IS COMING

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Paxton kinda sucks right now but the "trade him while we can" stuff is pretty dumb IMO

    It'll look even dumber if/when he ends up being our guy

    Bottom line he's either going to succeed or fail HERE and that's that
    When that trade could help get someone like Sheldon Richardson or even a LT to protect the future QB Siemian it doesn't seem that dumb. What seems dumb is having a first round pick sit on the bench for 4/5 years while we have another young QB being groomed for the future.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    When that trade could help get someone like Sheldon Richardson or even a LT to protect the future QB Siemian it doesn't seem that dumb. What seems dumb is having a first round pick sit on the bench for 4/5 years while we have another young QB being groomed for the future.
    You make the assumption that the franchise and new coaching staff view Siemian as you do.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    5,362
    The only thing VJ knows of Lynch is what he's seen on film. It appears Lynch is working hard to get better. He currently can't study the playbook because he hasn't received it yet as the coaches can't have contact with the players as yet. We need to cut him some slack. The kids a rookie one year removed from the draft. Let him get into camp and see what he can do.
    Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts4koi View Post
    The only thing VJ knows of Lynch is what he's seen on film. It appears Lynch is working hard to get better. He currently can't study the playbook because he hasn't received it yet as the coaches can't have contact with the players as yet. We need to cut him some slack. The kids a rookie one year removed from the draft. Let him get into camp and see what he can do.
    I believe teams are allowed to give players the playbook, they just can't sit down and go over it with them.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    746
    Does anybody else think that with a offensive line that resembles a NFL product and a average run game Siemian could actually be the guy now with a full season under his belt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •