Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Christian McCaffrey's career rushing at Stanford was 6.2 ypa. He rushed for almost 4000 yards in three seasons. Can someone tell me how many of his rushing attempts were between the Tackles? How much of the time was Stanford in an I Formation? It seems he could be a problem if used well. He could be more of a matchup problem running routes from TB depth in an I Formation than he would be as an off WR IMO.
    I find these tapes good, not highlights but showing every carry from a random game -

That was a good sample, a little bit of everything. The last time Denver had a RB who could carry the ball, catch passes and return Punts and Kicks, it was Floyd. Floyd also played on the same team with a hometown hero, Bobby Anderson. Throw in the Bronco connection with Eddie Mac and I'll be surprised if Denver doesn't take the "Magic Christian", if he's there at #20. Not exactly what I might do, but I'd understand.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

That was a good sample, a little bit of everything. The last time Denver had a RB who could carry the ball, catch passes and return Punts and Kicks, it was Floyd. Floyd also played on the same team with a hometown hero, Bobby Anderson. Throw in the Bronco connection with Eddie Mac and I'll be surprised if Denver doesn't take the "Magic Christian", if he's there at #20. Not exactly what I might do, but I'd understand.
    The Reggie Bush comparisons are quite accurate.

Bush - 5-11, 201, 4.37

McCaffrey - 5-11, 202, 4.48

Both had good hands coming out of college, McCaffrey looks a little better running routes and running inside. Bush had a little more explosion

Glyn Milburn was a RB that could run, catch and return, although he wasn't on Floyd's level despite Milburn setting the NFL record for most all purpose yards in a game.

There's also a Stanford connection with CMac and Elway and coincidently Milburn was also from Stanford.

I'd probably take CMac if it were up to me, although 20 is a little high. My biggest problem taking any RB in the first this year is that some of said this is the best RB draft class ever and is very deep. There will probably be quality backs available in rounds 2-4.

I would love to get McCaffery. He could do many things on this team to help in areas of need such as punt and kick returns. He can also work out of the back field or as a slot receiver. He kind of reminds me of Edleman a little bit.

How can you miss on someone like this?

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Lettting it go may not b an option. As seen just on our own board not everyone is so forgiving. Mixon is going to have to deal with it continuously. Part of my reluctance for the Broncos to draft him.

There will always be the protests of those that find his actions unforgivable. There will be constant media scrutiny. How often this season will references to or the actual video itself be discussed.

How often when he goes out will someone say something to him? Potentiallly calling him names? How many "tough guys" or even "tough girls" will provoke or challenge him?

Too much drama for my tastes. Also perhaps too much pressure for Mixon himself.

Prefer they pass on Mixon for the very same reason I have seen used against McCafffrey. Too much talent available to focus in in Mixon.
    It hasn't been an issue for 2.5 years....I doubt it starts again. The only reason it is now is b ecause he has refused the combine and is now in the draft. It will be ancient history in 6 months....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I think DEN could pass on McCaffrey IF Foster falls into their laps. Ruben Foster would elevate our defense back to elite status, and would add yet another block to the young core that would comprise a championship defense for years to come.

I think we might even trade up 4-6 spots if we think we just can't risk missing out on RF, if he falls into the teens.

I think this is such a deep RB class that DEN would target RF before CM (perhaps even a DL prospect).

Now, if Foster is gone or we feel confident in this deep DL class to snag a guy later, then I do believe McCaffrey is our second target.

That's the direction I would go....
    Foster, McCaffrey, best DL prospect available. That's my top 3 wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Glyn Milburn was a RB that could run, catch and return, although he wasn't on Floyd's level despite Milburn setting the NFL record for most all purpose yards in a game.

There's also a Stanford connection with CMac and Elway and coincidently Milburn was also from Stanford.

I'd probably take CMac if it were up to me, although 20 is a little high. My biggest problem taking any RB in the first this year is that some of said this is the best RB draft class ever and is very deep. There will probably be quality backs available in rounds 2-4.
    Good job of Bronco History reminding about Glyn Milburn.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think DEN could pass on McCaffrey IF Foster falls into their laps. Ruben Foster would elevate our defense back to elite status, and would add yet another block to the young core that would comprise a championship defense for years to come.

I think we might even trade up 4-6 spots if we think we just can't risk missing out on RF, if he falls into the teens.

I think this is such a deep RB class that DEN would target RF before CM (perhaps even a DL prospect).

Now, if Foster is gone or we feel confident in this deep DL class to snag a guy later, then I do believe McCaffrey is our second target.

That's the direction I would go....
    Foster, McCaffrey, best DL prospect available. That's my top 3 wishlist.
    Foster would be an incredible addition but it would be a minor miracle if he fell to 20.

Looking at a few mocks -

nfl.com - Indy @ 15

Walter Football - Cincy @ 9

nfldraftcountdown - Ravens @ 16

If we moved a third (#82) with #20 it could get us up to 15 according to the value chart.... maybe try and jump above Indy and get #14

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Foster would be an incredible addition but it would be a minor miracle if he fell to 20.

Looking at a few mocks -

nfl.com - Indy @ 15

Walter Football - Cincy @ 9

nfldraftcountdown - Ravens @ 16

If we moved a third (#82) with #20 it could get us up to 15 according to the value chart.... maybe try and jump above Indy and get #14
    I think this sums it up perfectly.... it would take a Shane Ray type of miracle for us to walk away with RF. I thought we had zero shot, but then the combine incident coupled with the concussion concerns surfaced.... and now I think we have a slim hope.

CIN and BAL are definite threats, as with Indy. This lack of OT class means ILB and RB, like Foster and McCaffrey, that would normally slip into late teens / early 20s may now go higher.

I wonder what happens if both RF and CM are gone... will DEN grab Taco or some other DL? Grab that jack-of-all-trades Michigan S/LB (just to cover TEs), do we go Ross or even a CB? Trade down and take an OT?

Either way.... I think we should be able to grab an immediate impact player. And we better take impact the first 3 picks over project potential types.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I think this sums it up perfectly.... it would take a Shane Ray type of miracle for us to walk away with RF. I thought we had zero shot, but then the combine incident coupled with the concussion concerns surfaced.... and now I think we have a slim hope.

CIN and BAL are definite threats, as with Indy. This lack of OT class means ILB and RB, like Foster and McCaffrey, that would normally slip into late teens / early 20s may now go higher.

I wonder what happens if both RF and CM are gone... will DEN grab Taco or some other DL? Grab that jack-of-all-trades Michigan S/LB (just to cover TEs), do we go Ross or even a CB? Trade down and take an OT?

Either way.... I think we should be able to grab an immediate impact player. And we better take impact the first 3 picks over project potential types.
    I am a big talent over need drafter so would be happy going in quite a few directions.

I am scared to death that we draft an OT because aside from Robinson I don't like any of them. My nightmare is coming away with Bolles or Ramczyk.

2 of the OL'men I hated most when they came out was Schofield and Sambrailo (and was choked when we chose them) because I watched them in college be ragdolled and driven back far too often. I see the same thing with these 2. They are decent athletes but really lack strength and drive and got pushed around far too much for round one picks.

I really like Asiata for our new OL (although he is a OG), and Holden / Seaton for mid round OT's. Would love to come away with some of these

The only way DEN can justify drafting an OT is if it's Ramzchek (sp?) and we trade back, grab an extra 2nd. If we plan on going OT, Mixon and Butt.... bc Foster and McCaffrey are gone, and we don't like Ross, and feel we can get a DL we like in the 3rd round.... then, and only then, would I stomach it.

But NO to Cam and NO to the 26 yr-old from Utah.

But.... to me... there are too many CBs and DTs to pass on at 20, with RF & CM gone, that I still don't feel good about it.

I wonder where we stand with a player like Ross or that DB Fromm USC?
    Last edited by fraguela09; 03-18-2017 at 08:44 PM.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes taking Mac at 20.

Denver top 5 issues last year:
    -Blocking
    -Running the ball
    -Stopping the run
    - 3 receiving threat
    - Reliable KR

Mac could possible fix 3/5 issues we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The more I think about it the more sense it makes taking Mac at 20.

Denver top 5 issues last year:
    -Blocking
    -Running the ball
    -Stopping the run
    - 3 receiving threat
    - Reliable KR

Mac could possible fix 3/5 issues we have.
    McCaffrey probably runs well between the Tackles from I Formations. Routes run from TB depth would probably result in unfavorable matchups for the D. Throw in his STs contribution and he could be like a present day Floyd Little.

If he is there at #20 and Denver doesn't take him, other teams will think there's something wrong with him.

It's obvious that we'll pick Christian. The LT question won't be answered in the 1st.