Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I hope there is a team out there that saves us from ourselves and reaches for McCaffrey prior to our pick. I also hope that foster falls out the top 10 we have sense to leap frog the other teams with linebacker needs and get him.

Quote Originally Posted by DishWater View Post
    It's obvious that we'll pick Christian. The LT question won't be answered in the 1st.
    Not even a certainty he makes it to pick #20. From latest draft chatter it is actually not very likely at all.

Broncos fans may need to take McCaffrey, Foster and Howard off the wish list. Possibly a couple of the OTs too as teams ahead of them overreach for an Olineman. Interesting twist is that at #20 there could be a selection of quality DTs, CBs and Dalvin Cook slipping into consideration on a couple of mocks.

Broncos are going to be drafting a quality player no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I hope there is a team out there that saves us from ourselves and reaches for McCaffrey prior to our pick. I also hope that foster falls out the top 10 we have sense to leap frog the other teams with linebacker needs and get him.
    I'm praying he falls to us. He would add the spark we need on Offense.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    That is awfully close. I'm not on the mixon train. But man does the media act like he murdered somebody. He was a kid for crying out loud.
    3 years isn't that long...Maybe it's not as bad as the media is making it, but let's not just brush it off as if it is absolutely nothing because he was 3 years younger...

Source from Ian Rap is that Foster met with Chicago last night and will be picked #3 overrall

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Source from Ian Rap is that Foster met with Chicago last night and will be picked #3 overrall
    I can see it. Their next Urlacher.

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Considering the source ... he will likely still be there at #20.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I can see it. Their next Urlacher.
    Yes, but only in the sense that they want him to be a good Inside Backer in their four Backer D. That's where the comparison ends because Brian Urlacher and Reuben Foster are two different kinds of football players.

Foster will be coming from Bama where he played Inside Backer in a 3-4 D.

Urlacher was the Lobo Back in Rocky Long's 3-3-5 D at UNM and he also returned some kicks/punts and played a little WR on offense. Because he played a college defensive position in which he was sometimes a DB, sometimes a Backer and sometimes a DE, scouts weren't real sure where to project him.

Brian became a great Mike Backer in Lovie Smith's version of the Tampa 2 which required him to cover seam receivers. He's a pretty great athlete. Time will tell and we'll eventually see how Reuben Foster's career compares to Urlacher's. He's a pretty good guy, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Yes, but only in the sense that they want him to be a good Inside Backer in their four Backer D. That's where the comparison ends because Brian Urlacher and Reuben Foster are two different kinds of football players.

Foster will be coming from Bama where he played Inside Backer in a 3-4 D.

Urlacher was the Lobo Back in Rocky Long's 3-3-5 D at UNM and he also returned some kicks/punts and played a little WR on offense. Because he played a college defensive position in which he was sometimes a DB, sometimes a Backer and sometimes a DE, scouts weren't real sure where to project him.

Brian became a great Mike Backer in Lovie Smith's version of the Tampa 2 which required him to cover seam receivers. He's a pretty great athlete. Time will tell and we'll eventually see how Reuben Foster's career compares to Urlacher's. He's a pretty good guy, too.

Would Jabril Peppers be a good Urlacher comparison? Should DEN look at Peppers, if both Foster and McCaffrey are gone? Seems like this would solve our cover-TE woes?

Doesn't sound like JP isnt generating much buzz, but he is an all-around football player. To me, if we miss out in CM or RF, I would go JP or BPA (DL).

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Would Jabril Peppers be a good Urlacher comparison? Should DEN look at Peppers, if both Foster and McCaffrey are gone? Seems like this would solve our cover-TE woes?

Doesn't sound like JP isnt generating much buzz, but he is an all-around football player. To me, if we miss out in CM or RF, I would go JP or BPA (DL).

Nope. Peppers wasn't nearly the playmaker that Urlacher was. Peppers made all of his big plays on offense and rarely made plays on defense. Peppers had 1 pick his entire career, which happened to come in his last game and had very minimal pass break ups. He's a great athlete I'll give him that, because he played a plethora of positions at Michigan. It's not a good comparison at all, and I hate when the "experts" compare him to Charles Woodson. The only similarities between the two is that they both played at Michigan and that's where it ends. Woodson was the epitome of a playmaker in college, and even further proved it during his HOF career.

Peppers is 5-10 210, Urlacher was 6-3 245. I don't think Peppers solves our TE woes. I think Obi Melifonwu from Connecticut solves that. IMO, Peppers is the most overrated player in the draft. I'll happily eat crow if he proves me otherwise. His best bet is to stick to and learn one position in the pros.

I like Peppers as a versatile impact player and would have no issue if he were selected. More chance to be a Polamalu then Woodson type.

But I would also put a lot of players in the conversation with him at #20. Where I do not put many ahead of McCaffrey for the impact I would expect him to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I'm praying he falls to us. He would add the spark we need on Offense.
    I'm with you, the "it" factor is strong on this one...

I was remembering the scene in 'Draft Day" where Jennifer () Garner picks up the discarded post it note and it says "Vontae Mack no matter what"

I'm with John
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

There will be a lot of good players at 20, hard to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post

It's hard to find football players who compare to Brian Urlacher. 6'4", 258, 4.57 40, 4.18 shuttle, 6.94 3-cone, 71 explosion number, cover skills of a DB, hit hard from Mike Backer depth, great pass rusher. The guy in this years draft he is most like is Myles Garrett. Garrett is a deadly pass rusher, but Urlacher had overall skills to do practically anything on a football field.

I think Reuben Foster is in our conversation because some of us would like to see Denver draft a good Inside Backer prospect. On that basis, I think I might be inclined to rule Jabrill out as an Inside Backer. Outside of Foster, Haason Reddick, Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis and Duke Riley warrant consideration IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Nope. Peppers wasn't nearly the playmaker that Urlacher was. Peppers made all of his big plays on offense and rarely made plays on defense. Peppers had 1 pick his entire career, which happened to come in his last game and had very minimal pass break ups. He's a great athlete I'll give him that, because he played a plethora of positions at Michigan. It's not a good comparison at all, and I hate when the "experts" compare him to Charles Woodson. The only similarities between the two is that they both played at Michigan and that's where it ends. Woodson was the epitome of a playmaker in college, and even further proved it during his HOF career.

Peppers is 5-10 210, Urlacher was 6-3 245. I don't think Peppers solves our TE woes. I think Obi Melifonwu from Connecticut solves that. IMO, Peppers is the most overrated player in the draft. I'll happily eat crow if he proves me otherwise. His best bet is to stick to and learn one position in the pros.
    I think Melifonwu might sneak into the first round.