Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I tried to watch as many clips as possible of Domata Peko from 2016.

It looks like his role was to be taken away from the play by either the center or the guard, leaving a huge hole in the middle for the RB to attack. He played that role pretty well. He extends his arms, the o-lineman blocks him and he goes wherever the o-lineman takes him. Peko's inability to disengage and try to make the tackle is impressive.

I guess that's the role he will play in Denver.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Agreed, -Rod-. My brother is a huge Bengals fan and I lived there for 7 years; and have seen Peko play a lot. In the past he was a legitimate starting playing, but he's fallen off substantially. If he brings the skills you've noted to Denver, which he will; then we should have just went for someone who wouldn't have counted 4 million off our cap.

Just seems like a pick because his cousin is on the team and he's got a history with VJ; and that's not the best way to build for a championship. Just ask last year's Bills.

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

It looks like his role was to be taken away from the play by either the center or the guard, leaving a huge hole in the middle for the RB to attack. He played that role pretty well. He extends his arms, the o-lineman blocks him and he goes wherever the o-lineman takes him. Peko's inability to disengage and try to make the tackle is impressive.

that sounds...... good?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

we just need a BIG body to clog the middle.

heck, even sam adams past his prime when with the broncos was productive with 3 days of practice a week when he got on the field

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    we just need a BIG body to clog the middle.

heck, even sam adams past his prime when with the broncos was productive with 3 days of practice a week when he got on the field
    Unfortunately it takes more than just being a big body. You have to be able to move quick and get off a block to make a tackle and you have to be strong so you can penetrate a line or push the lineman back. Peko is the same height and only weighs a few pounds more than Sylvester Williams does.

I just hope the change of scenery and a connection to his cousin being here give him that spark and fight back that he used to have. If he put his all into it, he could still be the player he was in the past. I have no doubt. He's in his twilight though, and has made his money; so either he figures to coast out with a little more to plump up the retirement; or he wants a ring and will do anything he can to get one. I hope it's the latter.

I think Kerr has a legitimate chance of starting and surprising a lot of people this. At worst he's a early down run stuffer and solid rotation guy. I still reckon we need to draft a D-lineman or atleast get another in FA, I don't know why we haven't targeted Jonathan Hankins

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am starting to question the FA philosophy of the Broncos. They keep signing low end players or players who were once good but at the end of their careers. When do they do start signing at least one top player per season? 2014 was the only season they hit it hard in FA.
    Yeah I'm feeling like you.

Very underwhelming and unexciting free agency by us this off-season.

Peko was signed for his experience and leadership. He will be part of a rotation and not expected to play every down. He has more value for the defensr than Sylvestor Williams.

Kerr is about 335 lbs but more athletic than his size would suggest. I think he's going to do well plugging up the middle and giving the LB's time to shoot gaps and make plays without having to take on Olinemen.

These were good low cost pickups. I'm not worried about the Dline anymore. The team's focus should be on the offensive line from here on out.

agreed....and now he won't have Geno Atkins next to him to help take attention away
    Nope, but he will have Wolfe aaawwoooo

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Nope, but he will have Wolfe aaawwoooo
    now if only Wolfe was the player Atkins is.......

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

now if only Wolfe was the player Atkins is.......
    Wolfe is just a player who was a solid contributer to a defense that won a Superbowl
    During that run Derek Wolfe tallied 14 tackles 2.5 sacks in 2 playoff games and the Superbowl combined.

The one thing I like about Peko is his durability - started 16 games every season over 10 gears. It seems from reading the comments his play has diminished somewhat over the past couple of seasons. With a change and new coaching staff hopefully we will see him be an impact player as he closes out his career.

I haven't read a lot about Kerr or watched film on him - read that the Broncos were impressed with him from the Colts game last season. With the challenges on our line I'm not sure where that puts him however it's good to have depth going into TC.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-20-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Maybe he'lol have a different role here

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Wolfe is just a player who was a solid contributer to a defense that won a Superbowl
    During that run Derek Wolfe tallied 14 tackles 2.5 sacks in 2 playoff games and the Superbowl combined.
    I didn't say Wolfe was a bad player, but he isn't near the caliber player that Atkins is.

I didn't say Wolfe was a bad player, but he isn't near the caliber player that Atkins is.
    Nobody said you did. You bring up the word caliber, and I mentioned that wolfe is the caliber of player who can up his game aND dominate in the playoffs. Not only will Peko play with Wolfe but he will be assisted by the best secondary in the NFL and a guy name Von Miller who is on another level/caliber than anybody Peko played with in Cincy.