Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The panic on this board.

Is outrageous. We all love our Broncos and we are all very pationate about the team we love but the hate/name calling lack of trust in the FO is very concerning. Look at the run we have had in 6 years.. we lost one of the best QBs ever to play the game.. his leadership was something we can never measure and we still didn't have a losing season. We cannot sign every free agent available this isn't madden. Why all of the Elway hate of late? He has shown he finds the weakness of our team and fixes it as fast as he can.

GO BRONCOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Is outrageous. We all love our Broncos and we are all very pationate about the team we love but the hate/name calling lack of trust in the FO is very concerning. Look at the run we have had in 6 years.. we lost one of the best QBs ever to play the game.. his leadership was something we can never measure and we still didn't have a losing season. We cannot sign every free agent available this isn't madden. Why all of the Elway hate of late? He has shown he finds the weakness of our team and fixes it as fast as he can.

GO BRONCOS!!!
    Not exactly true. The oline has been a weakness since Elway took over. In 2010, the year before Elway was hired, the starting Oline was Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris. Now it is Watson?, Leary, Paradis (if uninjured), Schofield, Stephenson?.....that's pretty much a huge downgrade in at least 3 positions.

I am not hating on Elway but I do question his philosophy of FA and maybe even the way he builds the team.

One thing I was talking about today with some friends is that Elway has built the team from the outside in. Nearly all of the talent is far away from the ball....DT, Sanders, Talib, CHJ, Roby, Ward, even Miller and Ray are on the outside of the D. The entire interior has been neglected...O and D lines plus the ILB corp.....they are very weak where it counts the most. You talk about the 6 year run. Lets see if they can make a run with such a weak interior. I will be very surprised if they can.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 03-15-2017 at 04:47 PM.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Surprising, it seems as for the draft they should target all the interior linemen offense and defense. AND I don't think we have the Panic on this board as some may want us to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Surprising, it seems as for the draft they should target all the interior linemen offense and defense. AND I don't think we have the Panic on this board as some may want us to believe.
    I agree. It isn't panic as it is just expressing concern, or disagreement with choices made. I think that as a fan we're allowed to share our opinion on choices made by the FO. There's a difference between trying to start fires on the board and calling it the end of the Broncos, and stating how you wished some different choices were made. Last time I checked this was a Broncos forum, not a John Elway fan club. If as a fan the only output you're capable of is blind praise for whatever moves are being made, then you really miss out on perspective of where this team really stands.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

For me it's not panic but frustration. ALL the hype of the money Denver had to spend and how we were gonna tear up free agency and frankly, he haven't gotten one legit stud. Leary is closest thing. I get frustrated we let Calais Campbell go over 5 million over 4 years. That's nothing. We lost out on better tackles too. Why? All because we wanted to save 10-14 million to spend on Romo. And Romo is no sure thing. Now, if we don't get Romo, we hurt our team as we could have had more proven talent. I'm personally hoping for Romo and a trade to get a stud LT. Then draft best available player in draft. Just frustration for me. Go Broncos!

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I am not hating on Elway but I do question his philosophy of FA and maybe even the way he builds the team.
    Ware, Ward and Talib was a FA bonanza that contributed to the monster D that won us a SB. If the net result is a SB berth or victory, then he's doing it right.

I agree that the O-line has gone downhill but I don't think every side of the ball can get maximum and perfect attention at once. The FO also doesn't have control over injuries, or the quality of coaching on the line. And so much of the draft and FA is a diceroll. You can't expect to strike gold all the time in all areas.

Bottomline is, Elway's done well so far and we just have to wait and see what happens with this new coaching staff and new o-line.

Lest we forget:

Last edited by LynchMobster; 03-15-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

If I had a quarter for every time someone complained about "panic" on these boards I could afford some wonderful things.

If I had a quarter for every time someone complained about an opinion they did not like I would not have to work.

Allow people to have their opinions and/or engage in discussion about their opinions...I suppose that includes this one too
    All that is required for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Not exactly true. The oline has been a weakness since Elway took over. In 2010, the year before Elway was hired, the starting Oline was Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper, Harris. Now it is Watson?, Leary, Paradis (if uninjured), Schofield, Stephenson?.....that's pretty much a huge downgrade in at least 3 positions.

One thing I was talking about today with some friends is that Elway has built the team from the outside in. Nearly all of the talent is far away from the ball....DT, Sanders, Talib, CHJ, Roby, Ward, even Miller and Ray are on the outside of the D. The entire interior has been neglected...O and D lines plus the ILB corp.....they are very weak where it counts the most. You talk about the 6 year run. Lets see if they can make a run with such a weak interior. I will be very surprised if they can.
    I agree with what you said about the OL

IMO Baronne should have never been allowed to stay as OL coach but I was in super Trust in Elway / Kubiak mode
    All that is required for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

If I recall there was a proclamation towards the "panic" last year at mid season. Some expressed concern we might miss the playoffs.

Ludicrous! Some claimed. The panic is outrageous! Others condemned.

Well. We missed the playoffs after all. Perhaps it wasn't panic but concern. Or it was panic and was warranted after all.

Either way some see something that isn't adding up well. Instead of blowing it off as outrageous, maybe consider their opinion. They might be onto something.

That, of course, works both ways. Those truly upset might want to heed the advice of those more confident.

Most likely a little concern is warrented but not an all out panic. A legit Super Bowl run isn't likely in our future for some time. But that is no reason not to cheer for this amazing franchise each Sunday!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are some people who prematurely say the sky is falling. However, there's always a fair amount of fans with orange tinted glasses that never see any wrong in what the FO does. Elway has done a great job in taking a chance on Manning, building the greatest offense the NFL has ever seen and then realizing a great defense travels and can dominate a Super Bowl. He took chances, spent money and brought in the type of defensive players that were needed to win a SB. However, Elway's slipped a few times, mostly not addressing our offensive line. Even with Manning here, I think we relied on his ability to read the defenses mail and overcome a weak O line. Many people were very concerned last year that our O line was suspect and we had no experienced QB to make up for it. Many wondered if the run game would struggle as well. People said to calm down and everything will be fine last year around this time. What happened...we went into a season with the same struggling O line and lack of QB experience. We had injuries to CJ and Trevor, but the wheels fell off of our team and we miss the playoffs, looking downright embarrassing on offense sometimes. I'm not panicking, but am concerned we could fall into the same trap this year. The bargain offensive line moves may pay off big. Maybe Elway has a plan for an experienced QB and is keeping a poker face until he makes his move. I hope this is true, but the "panic" could be justified if we're in a similar position in July.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 03-15-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Ware, Ward and Talib was a FA bonanza that contributed to the monster D that won us a SB. If the net result is a SB berth or victory, then he's doing it right.

I agree that the O-line has gone downhill but I don't think every side of the ball can get maximum and perfect attention at once. The FO also doesn't have control over injuries, or the quality of coaching on the line. And so much of the draft and FA is a diceroll. You can't expect to strike gold all the time in all areas.

Bottomline is, Elway's done well so far and we just have to wait and see what happens with this new coaching staff and new o-line.

Lest we forget:

that is true and as I posted elsewhere, the 2014 offseason was the only season he hit FA hard. I know you can't hit every time but it sure seems like the Broncos have a history of not being able to develop O and D linemen

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

that is true and as I posted elsewhere, the 2014 offseason was the only season he hit FA hard. I know you can't hit every time but it sure seems like the Broncos have a history of not being able to develop O and D linemen
    Oline I would agree only Franklin, and Paradis are starters in the league from Elways drafts, but Wolfe, Malik, and Sly have all got nice pay days due to their development., Sly I think benefitted from who was around him but Wolfe and Malik would start on most teams, Ray is a 3-4 olb but would be a DE in a 4-3.

In Elways defense he has tried to address the oline, he has brought in FA guards Vasquez,& Mathis, and Tackle's Okung, Harris, and Stephenson.

In the Draft Elway has used picks on Orlando Franklin, Garcia, Sambrailo, Schofield, McGovern, and Paradis.
    People saying Elway hasn't attempted to address the line confuses me. He just brought in two oline man in the first week of free agency and last year spent $14 million on two tackles. His strategy with the oline has resulted in 5 division titles, 2 AFC Championships, and 1 Superbowl in 6 years. Our starting tackles in our best season were Ryan Harris ( off the couch), & Micheal Schofield.

If you are panicking over what off-season moves a football team does or doesn't make, you may have deeper issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    If I had a quarter for every time someone complained about "panic" on these boards I could afford some wonderful things.

If I had a quarter for every time someone complained about an opinion they did not like I would not have to work.

Allow people to have their opinions and/or engage in discussion about their opinions...I suppose that includes this one too
    how dare you complain about people complaining about people complaining about Elway
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 03-15-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by JJGBPD View Post
    For me it's not panic but frustration. ALL the hype of the money Denver had to spend and how we were gonna tear up free agency and frankly, he haven't gotten one legit stud. Leary is closest thing. I get frustrated we let Calais Campbell go over 5 million over 4 years. That's nothing. We lost out on better tackles too. Why? All because we wanted to save 10-14 million to spend on Romo. And Romo is no sure thing. Now, if we don't get Romo, we hurt our team as we could have had more proven talent. I'm personally hoping for Romo and a trade to get a stud LT. Then draft best available player in draft. Just frustration for me. Go Broncos!
    Tyler Polumbus was on the radio today saying that there is conversations going on at UC health center speculating that there will be a trade for Philadelphia left tackle Jason peters. I'm not sure what the Broncos would be giving up but they would automatically be committed to paying peters at least 10 million a year for his current salary.

I believe at that point the Broncos would have a little over 10 million to spend on Tony Romo and their draft picks.