Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    He's only 32. Whitworth is playing at a pro-bowl level at 37 and everyone was in love with him. Joe Thomas can give us a good 4-5 more yrs and we don't have to take a chance on a bad oline class this year. We still have a team built to win now and we don't have time to develop a LT the window is closing fast.
    agreed. a 1st for Thomas would be good deal. Gives us the starter/leader we need plus gives them time to develop a replacement. The last 4 1st round picks they have taken, aren't even starters yet. Ray probably will be this year but the others aren't and Sly is already gone. Why not invest that into the biggest hole we have and it is much more guaranteed than any draft pick is.

I doubt it happens but it would still be a solid move.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed. a 1st for Thomas would be good deal. Gives us the starter/leader we need plus gives them time to develop a replacement. The last 4 1st round picks they have taken, aren't even starters yet. Ray probably will be this year but the others aren't and Sly is already gone. Why not invest that into the biggest hole we have and it is much more guaranteed than any draft pick is.

I doubt it happens but it would still be a solid move.
    I think a lot of it depends on what is going to happen with Christian McCaffrey in the draft.

if Christian McCaffrey isn't available for Denver to draft at 20, then I think they just may pull off a trade for Joe Thomas.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-19-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    If they put him on the block we certainly wont be the only team bidding. Last time we offered a 1st 3rd and a player (Shane ray?) and that wasn't enough to make it happen. It all depends on how much we need to give up to make it happen this time and does it actually make us a contender in the process?

I would give up a 1st and 3rd easily but nothing in the future.
    A first and a third couldn't get it done, a first and Shaq Barrett could have. Also, new management, two years older.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

I'll believe it when I see it. Why would the Browns trade the best LT in the game when they've already spent tons of money to upgrade their O-line?

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Why would the Browns trade the best LT in the game when they've already spent tons of money to upgrade their O-line?
    The chance to add another fiirst round pick which would make 3 for them and perhaps a pass rusher named Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The chance to add another fiirst round pick which would make 3 for them and perhaps a pass rusher named Shaq.
    I still don't get it. Shaq has talent, no doubt. But he's far from established. A late 1st round pick is clearly not established. Joe Thomas is. He's a HOF player who isn't that old. Why would the Browns give up one of the few sure things they have on their team?

You give up Shaq, and after Von and Shane, what pass rushers do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    You give up Shaq, and after Von and Shane, what pass rushers do you have?
    Kasim Edibali? lol it's not up for me to decide. I'm not giving up anything it's all about John Elway wants to do.

Also it is widely known That the browns covet Shaq and they'd more than likely would demand that he be a part of the package.

No your original question was if we give up shack we have Von Miller and Shane Ray but behind them who is there to back them up which is a very good question but wouldn't you rather have the Pro bowl left tackle them to not have basically any starting left tackle on the team right now!

And what do they do at LT? They just paid Zeitler and Tretter to improve the o-line. They only have 3 OTs on the roster. Other teams are paying Whitworth and Okung $12-13 million/year. They have Joe Thomas at $8.8 million/year for 2 more seasons. Why would they trade him for a draft pick, which is a crapshoot, and a pass rusher with 1.5 sacks in 2016?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    And what do they do at LT? They just paid Zeitler and Tretter to improve the o-line. They only have 3 OTs on the roster. Other teams are paying Whitworth and Okung $12-13 million/year. They have Joe Thomas at $8.8 million/year for 2 more seasons. Why would they trade him for a draft pick, which is a crapshoot, and a pass rusher with 1.5 sacks in 2016?
    Great point however none of that matters if Joe Thomas does not want to play there anymore.

He could sit out and be fined but why would the browns allow him to do that when they can actually get something of value for him?

I see what you are saying and it doesn't make sense to trade him right now but if he and his agent are advocating for a trade, then that means he wants out and he's not going to be a very productive player for them if he's disgruntled not wanting to be there.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-19-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Lynch and a pick for Thomas. They take garret and cam we keep our first and elway pulls a shocker and takes mahomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy24 View Post
    Lynch and a pick for Thomas. They take garret and cam we keep our first and elway pulls a shocker and takes mahomes.
    So essentially exchanging one system qb who's had NFL experience for another system qb who doesn't have any of Lynch's athleticism?

I like Thomas, but I'm not about mortgaging the young guys for a tackle who's probably playing out his last contract.

I see were running wild with this rumor

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I see were running wild with this rumor
    Or lack there of. I read the article and was left asking for those two minutes of my life back.

Great point however none of that matters if Joe Thomas does not want to play there anymore.

He could sit out and be fined but why would the browns allow him to do that when they can actually get something of value for him?

I see what you are saying and it doesn't make sense to trade him right now but if he and his agent are advocating for a trade, then that means he wants out and he's not going to be a very productive player for them if he's disgruntled not wanting to be there.
    The article in question said Thomas would never complain and is getting more excited about the direction the team is headed. No mention at all that he's disgruntled.