Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

SB Nation: Consensus Mock 2017

NFL Draft 2017: Which player do mock drafts project each team to pick?

Rounding up and compiling mock drafts to predict the 2017 NFL Draft.
    by Adam Stites Mar 24, 2017, 1:25pm EDT

Now that the 2016 NFL season is over, all eyes turn to the 2017 offseason. The big event is the NFL draft, scheduled for April 27-29 in Philadelphia.

The Cleveland Browns are at the top of the draft order following their 1-15 season, but they also have the No. 12 selection thanks to a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2016. While there’s still time for players to climb up or slide down boards, Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett is the consensus favorite to be Cleveland’s No. 1 pick.

By surveying as many mock drafts as possible, we can get a good idea of the directions experts expect most teams to go.

A few notes:

• This will be updated consistently until draft day.
    • Players selected less than five percent of the time fall in the "others" category.
    • Mock drafts that include trades are not included.
    • With a lot of similar colors, I know some of the slices can be hard to tell apart (sorry, Raiders fans). Hover over or click on the chart and it'll show the numbers and name for each individual slice. It also can be read like a clock with the names on the right representing the slices clockwise around the chart.
    • All the mock drafts used are listed at the bottom.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/15/14...atabase-charts

~In Partibus Infidelium~

I hope its not Bolles, he is my draft worry.

Howard won't be there, and Robinson / RR will likely be gone

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I hope its not Bolles, he is my draft worry.

Howard won't be there, and Robinson / RR will likely be gone

They did this last year and the numbers were all over the place. I think during the week before the draft they changed it so only updated mocks were counting towards the totals. It was an interesting way to see what names were being thrown around.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    They did this last year and the numbers were all over the place. I think during the week before the draft they changed it so only updated mocks were counting towards the totals. It was an interesting way to see what names were being thrown around.
    Yep its interesting to look at. Should be a fun draft

Here's an updated Broncos chart:

~In Partibus Infidelium~

Another update about a week later. Bolles and Ramczyk between the two of them make up 64% of our pie. OL all together make up 80% of our pie:

~In Partibus Infidelium~

The problem with the chart is a lot of pundits and fans look at the Broncos and go - They need a LT, lets slot them one at 20.

The reality is that Elway doesn't draft like that, and if he see's a better player at 20 then he will draft him

Yikes. Don't like Bolles at all. I really hope he's not the pick.
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

The problem with the chart is a lot of pundits and fans look at the Broncos and go - They need a LT, lets slot them one at 20.

The reality is that Elway doesn't draft like that, and if he see's a better player at 20 then he will draft him

Sure. The chart only reflects what the mock drafts are saying.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I am not getting all the Bolles interest. Looks like a great talent but why do I see a 25 year old Ty Sambrailo? Scouting reports all state- athletic, zone blocker that needs to get stronger. What am i missing?

Have concerns with Ramczyk's hip surgeries and Robinson's questionable work ethic and technique too. But apparently the Broncos need and must take a olineman.

Not seeing an olineman as the BPA at all. Would much prefer a dynamic playmaker then an overrated project even if a position of "need".

Looking at the mock drafts, there are just too many quality defensive or offensive players to choose from to settle for one of these olineman. Hope this poll is off by a mile come draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I am not getting all the Bolles interest. Looks like a great talent but why do I see a 25 year old Ty Sambrailo? Scouting reports all state- athletic, zone blocker that needs to get stronger. What am i missing?

Have concerns with Ramczyk's hip surgeries and Robinson's questionable work ethic and technique too. But apparently the Broncos need and must take a olineman.

Not seeing an olineman as the BPA at all. Would much prefer a dynamic playmaker then an overrated project even if a position of "need".

Looking at the mock drafts, there are just too many quality defensive or offensive players to choose from to settle for one of these olineman. Hope this poll is off by a mile come draft day.
    I totally agree Tim, I would absolutely hate if Bolles was the pick. Bolles is one of my least favorite players this year. The only OL I would be happy with at 20 is Lamp. I see him in the Martin/DeCastro/Yanda mold. IMO, I wouldn't reach for a need, I'd much rather go BPA or trade down. I like Taylor Moton in the second round for OL. A little off topic, I've hated our second round picks the past few years (Gotsis, Sambrailo, Latimer, and Brock) and I really hope that trend ends this year. We draft so poorly on day 2.

I also hope we don't trade up in the first, we have too many holes on the roster to give up other assets to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    I totally agree Tim, I would absolutely hate if Bolles was the pick. Bolles is one of my least favorite players this year. The only OL I would be happy with at 20 is Lamp. I see him in the Martin/DeCastro/Yanda mold. IMO, I wouldn't reach for a need, I'd much rather go BPA or trade down. I like Taylor Moton in the second round for OL. A little off topic, I've hated our second round picks the past few years (Gotsis, Sambrailo, Latimer, and Brock) and I really hope that trend ends this year. We draft so poorly on day 2.

I also hope we don't trade up in the first, we have too many holes on the roster to give up other assets to move up.
    I agree with you about Forrest Lamp.

A scouting report on Taylor Moton describes him as a waist bending Right Tackle. A better OL prospect in the second round might be Dion Dawkins who started 40 games at Left Tackle for Temple and might have versatility to play all O-Line spots.

I also agree with you that Denver needs to do a better job in the second round although I think the jury is still out on Adam Gotsis.

I also hope Denver doesn't move up. I think they need to draft ten guys this year.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I agree with you about Forrest Lamp.

A scouting report on Taylor Moton describes him as a waist bending Right Tackle. A better OL prospect in the second round might be Dion Dawkins who started 40 games at Left Tackle for Temple and might have versatility to play all O-Line spots.

I also agree with you that Denver needs to do a better job in the second round although I think the jury is still out on Adam Gotsis.

I also hope Denver doesn't move up. I think they need to draft ten guys this year.
    I'm with you on Dawkins, I just don't think he'll be there come our pick. I could see him being a top 45 pick, so we'd have to trade up to get him, which again I hope we don't do this year. Like you mentioned, we need to draft ten guys this year.

The jury still is out for Gotsis, but I'm more so saying I've hated the picks when we selected them. Unfortunately, none of them have panned out, and when you look at the dozen or so guys selected after those picks makes it even worse. You could also add Montee Ball to the list of wasted second round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosk View Post
    Agreed.

Bolles is my big draft worry.

We have drafted 4 players I really hated in college - Brock, Ty, Sambrailo, and Latimer (I didn't know much about Gotsis)

I watched Ty and Schofield get ragdolled by defensive lineman on a regular basis.

Latimer struggled getting separation against mediocre college backs

Osweiler struggled with his accuracy all through college

If we take Bolles at 20 I will flip

Agreed.

Bolles is my big draft worry.

We have drafted 4 players I really hated in college - Brock, Ty, Sambrailo, and Latimer (I didn't know much about Gotsis)

I watched Ty and Schofield get ragdolled by defensive lineman on a regular basis.

Latimer struggled getting separation against mediocre college backs

Osweiler struggled with his accuracy all through college

If we take Bolles at 20 I will flip
    Couldn't agree more my man. Here's a quick run down on players selected shortly after those picks.

Brock: Lavonte David (who I was pounding the table for, went the very next pick), Vinny Curry, Kelechi Osemele, Casey Hayward, Dwayne Allen, Trumaine Johnson. All those guys were selected from Brock to Ronnie Hillman, 10 picks apart.

Ball: Robert Alford, Eddie Lacy, Travis Kelce, Larry Warford, Bennie Logan, Tyrann Mathieu. All selected within 12 picks after Ball.

Latimer: Carlos Hyde, Jack Mewhort, Kony Ealy, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, CJ Fiedorowicz. All selected within 10 picks after Latimer.

Sambrailo: Ali Marpet, Quinten Rollins, Frank Clark, AJ Cann, Tyler Lockett. All selected within 10 picks after Sambrailo.

Too early to tell on Gotsis, but dating back to 2012, with the exception of Wolfe, our second round picks have been awful. That's totally unacceptable. That trends needs to end this year.