Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Justice League

After BvS I am worried as hell about this movie. DC/WB continues to make awful casting choices and they are rushing this film.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    After BvS I am worried as hell about this movie. DC/WB continues to make awful casting choices and they are rushing this film.
    Rushing? This movie has been in the works for over 5 years and filming for like 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Rushing? This movie has been in the works for over 5 years and filming for like 2.
    Rushing it in terms of story. Marvel was really deliberate heading into The Avengers and has built up to Infinity War very nicely.

I also liked Spider-Man in Civil War
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I also liked Spider-Man in Civil War
    Same, I just loved that movie period.

Thats whats frustrating, I love DC so much more than Marvel. But WB/DC just cannot make good strings of movies to save their lives. Whoever does their casting is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    Rushing it in terms of story. Marvel was really deliberate heading into The Avengers and has built up to Infinity War very nicely.
    As I wrote elsewhere this is the effect of (and necessity for) a higher volume of output. Those Marvel storylines were built up through multiple tie-ins and bonus scenes across a number of films. DC films is catching onto this fact a little late but they are ratcheting up their schedule compared to what it was before. They need to get a second production team going though.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    As I wrote elsewhere this is the effect of (and necessity for) a higher volume of output. Those Marvel storylines were built up through multiple tie-ins and bonus scenes across a number of films. DC films is catching onto this fact a little late but they are ratcheting up their schedule compared to what it was before. They need to get a second production team going though.
    You mentioned it in the Marvel vs DC thread and I agree with you. They need to boost it up but they also need to improve quality. If all they do is ratchet up volume at the same lower level of quality it won't really help. It will just burn people out. So they need to direct a culture change on the quality as well as then build it up better.

You mentioned it in the Marvel vs DC thread and I agree with you. They need to boost it up but they also need to improve quality. If all they do is ratchet up volume at the same lower level of quality it won't really help. It will just burn people out. So they need to direct a culture change on the quality as well as then build it up better.
    I agree. They need the equivalent of a Kevin Feige on the reins.

To their credit, I think it may be getting a little better. I know you didn't like it, but Wonder Woman did well in the box office and with critical ratings, and it had a little more humor than usual, which has been one key component of Marvel's success. Comic book films should not take themselves too seriously, IMO!

To their credit, I think it may be getting a little better. I know you didn't like it, but Wonder Woman did well in the box office and with critical ratings, and it had a little more humor than usual, which has been one key component of Marvel's success. Comic book films should not take themselves too seriously, IMO!
    They have him, Geoff Johns. I don't know if he just needs more input or what it is, but he is the Kevin Feige of the DC side. He's done a great job on the TV side since he took over there, but he just hasn't done great on the movies.

I actually re watched Wonder Woman a couple of weeks ago since my wife had not seen it yet and liked it a lot more than my original take. I left out that I was highly intoxicated for my buddies birthday on top of having woke up at 5 am to run before work. So I was very exhausted as well. In theater it seemed too drawn out and slow. And even though there was more humor it wasn't enough.

Second time around I didn't necessarily agree with those two takes of my first impression. There are still some flaws with it that I didn't like but it's gone up quite a bit on my list since giving it a second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    They have him, Geoff Johns. I don't know if he just needs more input or what it is, but he is the Kevin Feige of the DC side. He's done a great job on the TV side since he took over there, but he just hasn't done great on the movies.
    True, Johns was co-producer and creative consultant on Green Lantern and executive producer on BvS and neither of those turned out as well as they could have or should have. After that, DC Films was organized in May of last year and they brought in Jon Berg to co-run it.

I haven't seen Arrow or Flash yet, but I'll take your word for it that they are good -they look good! What they probably need to do is subdivide further according to strengths and weaknesses. Like Jeph Loeb (who worked on Smallville with Johns) runs Marvel Television, so perhaps Johns needs to run a "DC TV" division, coordinating continuity in the DCEU with Jon Berg? And maybe hire another great film producer for DC films? Dunno.

I actually re watched Wonder Woman a couple of weeks ago since my wife had not seen it yet and liked it a lot more than my original take. I left out that I was highly intoxicated for my buddies birthday on top of having woke up at 5 am to run before work. So I was very exhausted as well. In theater it seemed too drawn out and slow. And even though there was more humor it wasn't enough.

Second time around I didn't necessarily agree with those two takes of my first impression. There are still some flaws with it that I didn't like but it's gone up quite a bit on my list since giving it a second shot.
    I rewatched it recently too and my initial glowing rating actually went down a little. What I find tedious is the constant, 90's style, slow motion action shots. A few here and there, fine, but they overplayed that gimmick to the point of cheez and eyerolling. I pray Justice League doesn't go overboard with that too.

I rewatched it recently too and my initial glowing rating actually went down a little. What I find tedious is the constant, 90's style, slow motion action shots. A few here and there, fine, but they overplayed that gimmick to the point of cheez and eyerolling. I pray Justice League doesn't go overboard with that too.
    I actually initially thought the exact same thing. Which turned me off from the get to the first time. But then at home on my 4K i didn’t notice it so bad.

Also one of my major complaints still is I was actually perfectly fine with the first villain. I didn’t see the need to have the twist and say ooh see we hid this good guy to to you and he is the real ares. It would’ve been fine with me ending it with the first guy. And in doing so made the movie a little too long to me.

Justice league was a fine movie. Not great but not bad. A step in the right direction. People complain marvel has weak villains steppenwolf was a weak cgi villain. DC should have taken their time with their universe instead they blew their load too early and JL felt rushed.

It would like if marvel started off with iron man into civil war into the thunderbolts and then did the avengers. Look how messy that is and how many heroes were in those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Justice league was a fine movie. Not great but not bad. A step in the right direction. People complain marvel has weak villains
    They do?

steppenwolf was a weak cgi villain. DC should have taken their time with their universe instead they blew their load too early and JL felt rushed.

It would like if marvel started off with iron man into civil war into the thunderbolts and then did the avengers. Look how messy that is and how many heroes were in those movies.
    Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman and The Flash TV series on the CW are installments of the new "DC Expanded Universe" which precede Justice League to set it up. Do you think they needed more, or did you just skip these movies?