Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Las Vegas Raiders

Las Vegas, the new home of the land-locked pirates.

Listened to a fan on the news saying now he knew what his dad felt like when the Raiders first left Oakland.

Way to make the fan insults generational!

Last edited by Rastic; 03-28-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Lol @ the raiders and chargers. Must suck being so unwanted by your fans that you have to move around to find new fans.

Maybe these cities will be loyal?

I know this is the smack section, but I don't think this is something to laugh about. It's a very sad thing to lose your team. Wishing this on fans and/or laughing at them and mocking them is quite low. Like the proverb goes, what goes around, comes around. If teams with history and a strong fan following can relocate - any team can relocate. Today you may laugh at Oakland at San Diego, tomorrow it may be Denver.

The Raiders have fans everywhere because there are gangsters, anarchists, sewer rats and orcs everywhere who identify with them! If they had moved to Albuquerque instead, they'd have a HUGE fanbase waiting!

But Vegas is perfect for them -- the ultimate den of corruption and iniquity where all the evil people were drawn and gathered in the post-apocalyptic world of Stephen King's The Stand.

The good people were drawn to Boulder, CO which is close enough to the home of the Broncos.
    Last edited by LynchMobster; 03-28-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I know this is the smack section, but I don't think this is something to laugh about. It's a very sad thing to lose your team. Wishing this on fans and/or laughing at them and mocking them is quite low. Like the proverb goes, what goes around, comes around. If teams with history and a strong fan following can relocate - any team can relocate. Today you may laugh at Oakland at San Diego, tomorrow it may be Denver.
    Come on Charlie Brown..... Lighten up a little. They are just poking to get their fans talking..... Don't take it so seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    But Vegas is perfect for them -- the ultimate den of corruption and iniquity where all the evil people were drawn and gathered in the post-apocalyptic world of Stephen King's The Stand.
    And I'm sure Randall Flagg had a better haircut than Mark Davis
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

That will never happen. The city of Denver has already proved that it will do everything to keep the team -- including paying a portion of the last stadium construction cost.

Mark Davis is one of the poorer owners in the League so he has very limited funds (in contrast to guys like Ram's owner Kroenke who is fronting the $2 billion stadium cost in Inglewood, CA), and despite a strong desire to keep the team in Oakland, the city won't help fund the stadium, and the League is only offering to pay for about 20% of it. The state of Nevada on the other hand wants them badly and sees the profit potential so they are willing to pay the lionshare of stadium costs for an elaborate stadium complex very similar in design to the aborted Carson, CA project (shared facility for Chargers and Raiders) rejected by the League last year, and much nicer than the more modest proposal for Oakland.

So it's a no brainer really -stay and play in an old dump shared with the baseball team or move to a nice stadium in a place that welcomes you eagerly with open arms.

While it sucks for some of the local fans who will now have to travel to go to games, Raider Nation is widespread and everywhere, they're numbers are legion. The Raiders could have moved to San Diego and they'd have nearly as many fans there as they have in Oakland! Away games were always home games to them there! They have a huge following in L.A. still, and like I said, New Mexico. I see 'em everywhere.

Remember that trip to Vegas that was supposed to be fun. Instead you had your gut wrenched, heart ripped out and trampled on...

Welcome Raiders' fans!

CB, I hear you and share your thoughts, but only on a pure intellectual level.

Then I remember this is the Raiders.

Smack Mode: ON

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    And I'm sure Randall Flagg had a better haircut than Mark Davis

Sadly, yes even this:

or this

is better than:

Charlie, it's the smack section... go back to P&R and lighten up...

It will NEVER be Denver. we have too strong of a fanbase for it to ever happen here. We'd have to string off a decade of losing seasons and that won't happen.

Besides...it's the freaking Raiders. I have never and will never care about the raiders feelings.

The NFL isn't going to let the Broncos move out of Denver anytime in the foreseeable future, it's the Raiders so we are going to mock them to no end.
    I really like Cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Las Vegas, the new home of the land-locked pirates.

Listened to a fan on the news saying now he knew what his dad felt like when the Raiders first left Oakland.

Way to make the fan insults generational!

That Logo would be awesome....and yes I know thats the Dolts new logo
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Should have built the stadium that you ended up building anyway and the Browns would not have left
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Lol @ the raiders and chargers. Must suck being so unwanted by your fans that you have to move around to find new fans.

Maybe these cities will be loyal?
    Unwanted by Oakland fans? Both today and 1981?

Explain this one.