Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Romo retiring. Going to be an analyst

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...oadcast-career

Thank goodness. Now we can quit the Romo nonsense and get on developing out young QBs!

Adopted by: Andrewmlb
    Sig by: MHS

Definitely!

Trevor Siemian is going to blossom into a franchise quarterback if we give him the tools necessary to compete in this league. It's out of our hands so fans will need to stay patient.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

The Cowboys are releasing him today supposedly. May be Romo trolls Jerrry back and says he's retiring, then comes out of retirement in a couple weeks. Gives him his own version of the do right rule.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Definitely!

Trevor Siemian is going to blossom into a franchise quarterback if we give him the tools necessary to compete in this league. It's out of our hands so fans will need to stay patient.
    I wouldn't go that far just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tpoz34 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far just yet.
    That's alright, you don't have to.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Definitely!

Sure hope so! Now that we have the cap space, we should be able to shore up a LT and maybe a MLB/more defensive front guys.

Done well we should be able to give the young QBs some protection and a running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    The Cowboys are releasing him today supposedly. May be Romo trolls Jerrry back and says he's retiring, then comes out of retirement in a couple weeks. Gives him his own version of the do right rule.
    Nah. He's gone.

I think he knows his body can't take it anymore and doesn't want to risk major injury when he has a great offer like Phill Simms job which will pay him millions for the rest of his career.

Good, now on to our own QB's.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Nah. He's gone.

I think he knows his body can't take it anymore and doesn't want to risk major injury when he has a great offer like Phill Simms job which will pay him millions for the rest of his career.
    I still think Houston (now stuck with Weeden and Savage) are going to throw huge amounts of money at him. Denver won't, but he is going to get some calls after being released. IMHO.

This is what I figured would happen all along. Romo was never going to play here....

Well I think this increases the odds that we do NOT draft a LT in the 1st round. No need to try to get the best Tackle in the draft to protect a fragile QB

Finally.

Romo, no Romo? Sign him, trade for him, beg, borrow, steal...? For better or worse, I am glad this drama is over.

He may not be going out as he intended, but that is sort of the story of his career, coming in to the league as a UDFA. He has a lot to be thankful for and should go out with his head held high.

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Well I think this increases the odds that we do NOT draft a LT in the 1st round. No need to try to get the best Tackle in the draft to protect a fragile QB
    so Siemian and Lynch aren't worth protecting?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Wish Romo well in his retirement. Just hope it stays that way. No backtracking or "Breaking News" reports in a couple months.

Time to put the full weight of responsibility, coaching and expectations on the young QBs.

Romo was a high risk short term fix for a long term problem. Now the Broncos can focus on developing who they have.

Not convinced of the comments about the draft. OT has and still is a distinct possibility at #20. Just depends on who is still on the board when they pick. If OT is the best option Elway takes him.

Tony Romo to retire

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...a74%26sr%3Damp

Here it is folks finally some news on the Tony Romo front it seems that Jerry Jones is so jealous of Romo playing for the competition that Romo decided to retire.

In all seriousness Tony's had a good career and it's too bad he wasn't to have a chance at a Super Bowl ring but I wish him the best.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back