Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Run stop

Run stop

Well it looks as Raiders are gonna have beast mode . We might be in some serious trouble unless we do a 180 with our run defense .Raiders are chugging away and making their team better . Our division is definitely one of the toughest

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Well it looks as Raiders are gonna have beast mode . We might be in some serious trouble unless we do a 180 with our run defense .Raiders are chugging away and making their team better . Our division is definitely one of the toughest
    Yea that's not good, Raiders and Pats might be the favorites to show up to th AFC game this season, at this point, still really early. I also read that IF something happens with Richard Sherman, Oakland is one of the preferred destinations, how would that make everyone feel?

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    The Las Vegas Raiders are going to find out why he's no longer playing soon enough. The guy had attitude problems from day one and now his body is breaking down.

Not worried about him or Sherman...Let's work on outscoring anyone!
    [

Oh man. Gonna be an interesting season

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    The Las Vegas Raiders are going to find out why he's no longer playing soon enough. The guy had attitude problems from day one and now his body is breaking down.

Not worried about him or Sherman...Let's work on outscoring anyone!
    I like your optimism and insights here however I do think if the Raiders sign this guy and wether he's still in beast mode or not really can't take the chance so I propose that Elway should go out in trade for Sheldon Richardson right of way.

I know we've signed two really good nose tackles/really big guys however we still need that defensive end next to them, somebody that can complement Derek Wolfe. Also they need to get Vance walker back on paper as well.

Taco Charlton or Derek Barnet would be awesome however I don't think either will be available by the time the broncos pick. I don't think either would be available outside of the top 10.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-06-2017 at 10:30 AM.

The Broncos finally got a pair of true NT's. The run defense will be fine. Sylvestor was a huge liability in the middle. The Raiders are good but I'm not worried.

I don't trust running backs over age 30. Major gamble here.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    The Broncos finally got a pair of true NT's. The run defense will be fine. Sylvestor was a huge liability in the middle. The Raiders are good but I'm not worried.
    Not only for the run defense but I would like to see that inside pass rush to force quarterbacks to the outside into Von Miller and Shane Ray as the Broncos did in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yea that's not good, Raiders and Pats might be the favorites to show up to th AFC game this season, at this point, still really early. I also read that IF something happens with Richard Sherman, Oakland is one of the preferred destinations, how would that make everyone feel?

Are people really taking marshawn lynch coming out of retirement seriously?

Now Richard Sherman to the raiders is something that would worry me. I would be worried if the raiders got Blount or drafted mixon.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Are people really taking marshawn lynch coming out of retirement seriously?

Now Richard Sherman to the raiders is something that would worry me. I would be worried if the raiders got Blount or drafted mixon.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ds-to-unretire

Yes, they are.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Obviously he is gonna do it but i mean do they take it serious as if he is gonna return to prime or even semi-prime form? He was on his way to being washed up his final year before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Obviously he is gonna do it but i mean do they take it serious as if he is gonna return to prime or even semi-prime form? He was on his way to being washed up his final year before retiring.
    I don't know about being washed up. Didn't he deal with injuries in 2015? Prior to that he was still a beast. Now he's had a year off to rest his body, going to a division rival that's already going to be one of the AFC favorites. I'd say there is a pretty good chance he makes the Raiders a better team, which we don't need. If people thought Romo could make a comeback, no reason to think Lynch can't, his history is pretty solid.

Wasnt Lynch only averaging 2.5 yards per carry the last full year he played?

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    I don't know about being washed up. Didn't he deal with injuries in 2015? Prior to that he was still a beast. Now he's had a year off to rest his body, going to a division rival that's already going to be one of the AFC favorites. I'd say there is a pretty good chance he makes the Raiders a better team, which we don't need. If people thought Romo could make a comeback, no reason to think Lynch can't, his history is pretty solid.
    Romo was a QB and his question wasn't about his ability to play but if his back would hold up through a sea on of hits. With running backs its different. Once they start fighting injuries especially at 30 that's pretty much end of the road. Maybe they are out there but I cant think of any running back at 30 plagued by injuries that turned his career around. And the year off I'm not sure makes a difference. He didn't let himself go but at the same time its not like he has been training the entire time in anticipation for this moment he is only back because the raiders started poking at the idea. I hope the raiders do it because I think it only helps us but I cant take it serious as an improvement over muarry or anything that's gonna give them an edge over us.