Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Run stop

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Romo was a QB and his question wasn't about his ability to play but if his back would hold up through a sea on of hits. With running backs its different. Once they start fighting injuries especially at 30 that's pretty much end of the road. Maybe they are out there but I cant think of any running back at 30 plagued by injuries that turned his career around. And the year off I'm not sure makes a difference. He didn't let himself go but at the same time its not like he has been training the entire time in anticipation for this moment he is only back because the raiders started poking at the idea. I hope the raiders do it because I think it only helps us but I cant take it serious as an improvement over muarry or anything that's gonna give them an edge over us.
    I don't know all of what happened in 2015, but i know he was injuried and kept him out of some games. The year before I believe was one of his best seasons, 2014, so I wouldn't say he has been plagued with injuries. I wouldn't be suprised if he's got another year or two in him of decent production. We shall find out.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Are people really taking marshawn lynch coming out of retirement seriously?

Now Richard Sherman to the raiders is something that would worry me. I would be worried if the raiders got Blount or drafted mixon.
    Richard Sherman does not worry me at all. I can use two words to describe how to beat Richard Sherman...double move!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

Lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by CDUB1620 View Post
    Richard Sherman does not worry me at all. I can use two words to describe how to beat Richard Sherman...double move!
    He's been one of if not the best corners in the league since he entered. We will have a young QB playing next year in either Lynch or Siemian, DT might possibly be on the decline and Oakland is already a top AFC contender. Them getting Sherman would be very bad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    He's been one of if not the best corners in the league since he entered. We will have a young QB playing next year in either Lynch or Siemian, DT might possibly be on the decline and Oakland is already a top AFC contender. Them getting Sherman would be very bad for us.
    So, according to your logic, a 29 WR is in decline, while a 30 year old RB coming off a year out of football is going to still be a beast.

Interesting.....

Marshawn Lynch is a massive downgrade for them from Latavius Murray. This is one of those things where a team is trying to sign a broken down player hoping he regains his once great prime, but really he's just going to disappoint.

There's two reasons the Raiders getting Sherman wouldn't mean that much. 1. He's a cover 3 corner who excels in keeping everything in front of him and then being able to read and jump a route. 2. What made him really good in said cover 3 scheme was having Earl Thomas in the middle. Not to mention that Sherman has been in decline for a few years now, the media still hypes him because he talks about himself so much, but in reality he's not as good as popular belief.

And since I'm listing things I'll list another X factor in this: The Seahawks are entertaining getting rid of Sherman for a reason, that reason is that his off the field (and on the field) distractions are no longer outweighed by his skill, he's no longer worth the hassle. Now you take two strong personalities, and add them to an already undisciplined team which is going to have a tough year because they're staying in the house with their ex-wife while flaunting their new girlfriend.

If Oakland adds both of those players it gets ugly there, they finish below .500 and Jack Del Rio is fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    So, according to your logic, a 29 WR is in decline, while a 30 year old RB coming off a year out of football is going to still be a beast.

Interesting.....
    You should go reread my post above. I said DT could possibly be on the decline, I'm not the first to say that. Possibly is the key here. You are reading what I post and repeating something different. I also said it wouldn't surprise me if Lynch had another year or two of decent product. I never said he would still be a beast. Where are you getting this info from? If you are going to make comments that are not true, why respond to my posts?

Interesting indeed...

Lynch will be 31 in ~2 weeks, averaged 3.8yds per carry in the 7 games he played in 2015. He had been a TD machine most of his career in Seattle but only 3 his last season. I would guess that he can contribute to the Raider's offense but its likely a few RBs in the draft could too. Murray was pretty good, I'm not concerned that Lynch will be significantly better, maybe not even as good at this point than Murray was/is. I hope he costs the Raiders a lot!

He had a bad sports hernia. His offensive line got worse the last couple seasons. Oakland has a much better off line . You can't write him off . Not until he actually plays. He may not be all that but he very well could be .

Marshawn Lynch played about half the 2015 season during which his production was way down. A season away from football could rejuvenate him somewhat, but getting back into playing condition without injury can be a problem as well. He sustained a lot of wear and tear over nine seasons as a RB which is above average longevity at that position. He will be 31 years old in a couple of weeks.

The Raiders have a good O-Line and good O-Line coaches. They have a Fullback, some big TEs and will use six O-Linemen. In the event Marshawn Lynch is acquired by the Raiders, they could get some production from him behind that line with the threat of a passing attack to balance it. The question about him is could he last the whole season as the starting RB for the Raiders? Even if they sign Lynch, they probably need to add a good rookie RB prospect because Marshawn is probably close to the end of his playing days if he makes a comeback.

Denver's defense is built to stop the pass. In order to do that, two other things must happen. The offense must hold the ball and score points, and the defense must play the run well enough to give the opponent a sense of urgency that will cause them to attempt passes.

The best run D for Denver right now is the one-gap/spill they have played the past two seasons. They need improved play in the middle at the 1 & 3 tech and Inside Backer spots. If they can get those A-B-C gaps filled, there is more than enough team speed to pursue a ball carrier to the boundary which never fails to make a stop.

The D-Line was addressed in free agency. We'll see what happens in the Draft and during TC. I'm guessing Denver will draft an Inside Backer and probably a D-Linemen depending on how they evaluate the current group. They may add depth at CB, S and OLB, too.

The Raiders seem to be the favorite in the AFCW. Denver will need to up their game in all three phases to compete successfully.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Richard Sherman is so overrated it's unbelievable. He's a system guy. He's s longer Asante Samuel.

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Richard Sherman is so overrated it's unbelievable. He's a system guy. He's s longer Asante Samuel.
    He might be overrated. Doesn't change the fact that he's still a very good corner. He's just excels best in that system.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If Oakland adds both of those players it gets ugly there, they finish below .500 and Jack Del Rio is fired.
    I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself on that one lol.
    I believe.

If the Raiders use him right they could be dangerous. You need to keep him to about 12 - 15 carries per game.

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Completely agree. Raiders don't have arguably the 2 best safeties at their position.