Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    As long as we dont draft Bolles or Ramczyk, Ill be happy.
    Drafting for need in the first round and especially along the offensive line will set this franchise back a few years. I really hope the Broncos don't do it.

Im pulling for McCafferrey but if by some miracle Charlton or Barnett happen to fall to number I'd be A ok with Elway making that selection.

He if Elway took Peppers in the first I'd be cool with that because in my opinion he's the defensive equivalent of Christian McCaffrey and possibly the next Ed Reed.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-07-2017 at 07:23 PM.

I love me some Eddie Mac, and his son looks beast as well. With that said, if we traded up that far for him I would be a bit disappointed. We can't get so wrapped up in the past and sentimentality that we forget the needs of the team.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Samule can do everything Cmac can do, with more speed and quickness and wont cost a 1st round pick. Im a big fan of Samule.
    yesss sirrrrrrrr

I love Cook's talent, But his background has huge red flags and he fumbles alot.
    "The pattern of bad decisions are alarming, really," an anonymous scout told Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "With my job on the line, I trust [Joe] Mixon [who has a well-documented assault incident] a lot more than Dalvin Cook."

McCaffrey is a Colorado Native so i will always root for him. BUT Drafting a 3rd down RB/Returner in the 1st round is too risky when this team has holes along the O-line & D-line that need to be filled. 3rd down RBs grow on tree's after the 1st round. I hope he goes before #20 cuz Broncos Fans will go crazy if they don't pick him.
    Solidfy the trenches 1st round and draft Mixon in the 2nd round he is the most talented RB in the draft.

Samule can do everything Cmac can do, with more speed and quickness and wont cost a 1st round pick. Im a big fan of Samule.
    He might be faster, but he is not quicker. Christian had half a second faster 3 cone drill than Samuel did and a tenth of a second faster 20 yard shuttle. So, I'm not sure where you can confidently say that Samuel has more quickness. Then you add in the fact that no rb in this draft can catch the way Christian does. Not that they can't do it well. He's just on another level in that regard. I don't think I agree with your assessment that he's simply a third down rb, either.

However, I'm not arguing against the idea of taking Samuel over Cmac, because it'll be in the later rounds. I can understand your thought process there.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    He might be faster, but he is not quicker. Christian had half a second faster 3 cone drill than Samuel did and a tenth of a second faster 20 yard shuttle. So, I'm not sure where you can confidently say that Samuel has more quickness. Then you add in the fact that no rb in this draft can catch the way Christian does. Not that they can't do it well. He's just on another level in that regard. I don't think I agree with your assessment that he's simply a third down rb, either.

However, I'm not arguing against the idea of taking Samuel over Cmac, because it'll be in the later rounds. I can understand your thought process there.
    Just watch the game tape. Its Obvious Samuel is faster and quicker. Ill take that over drills in shorts. Hes a Better WR as well, hes just not getting the hype Cmac is getting. They had simular stats this year Cmac: 1913yrds 16 TDs
    Samuel: 1636yrds 15 TDs
    but samule did on 170 touches compared to Cmac 290 touches.

Our oline isnt good enough for Cmac to have any success early it would be a wasted pick imo.

Big fan of CMac, but if we're trading up to 11, it better be for a DL (Allen if he falls, Foster, OJ Howard, etc)

Wouldnt even consider RB a massive need to trade up that high.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

I love Cook's talent, But his background has huge red flags and he fumbles alot.
    "The pattern of bad decisions are alarming, really," an anonymous scout told Bleacher Report's Matt Miller. "With my job on the line, I trust [Joe] Mixon [who has a well-documented assault incident] a lot more than Dalvin Cook."

McCaffrey is a Colorado Native so i will always root for him. BUT Drafting a 3rd down RB/Returner in the 1st round is too risky when this team has holes along the O-line & D-line that need to be filled. 3rd down RBs grow on tree's after the 1st round. I hope he goes before #20 cuz Broncos Fans will go crazy if they don't pick him.
    Solidfy the trenches 1st round and draft Mixon in the 2nd round he is the most talented RB in the draft.
    Mixon wont be there in the 2nd round.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Looking for a guy that fits the mold of tevin coleman tj Logan has some pretty impressive tape. Could go in rounds 6-7 and be a steal. Has good speed good hands from what I seen was decent at picking up blitzes for his size could be a real threat receiving out the backfield depending how we use and develop him. His kick returns is the real bonus. He didn't do punt return because Ryan Switzer was on the team but he returned the kicks and averaged 32.9 yards per return on 21 returns. And 27 yards per return on just over 70 returns and 5 touchdown for his career.

Just watch the game tape. Its Obvious Samuel is faster and quicker. Ill take that over drills in shorts. Hes a Better WR as well, hes just not getting the hype Cmac is getting. They had simular stats this year Cmac: 1913yrds 16 TDs

Our oline isnt good enough for Cmac to have any success early it would be a wasted pick imo.
    going to have to disagree on that one.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    I wish people would settle down on Cmac... yes, we were all a huge fan of his father!!
    Does no one like curtis Samuel ??? Has no one seen him? Or is it because his last name isn't mccaffery?
    I encourage you to read my posts...unlike others here I am not loosing my mind over McCaffrey. In fact in another thread I posted the stats between Samuel and McCaffrey are very similar. In fact at the college level (trying to go fromemory) I believe Samuel had a far more balanced running vs pass catching mix. Then there is the fact that Samuel is a faster player - at least in the recent stats like the combine. Samuel ran a 4.31 vs 4.48 for McCaffrey.

Now to be fair I can see Samuel rising to the top 5 of the 2nd round. So I'd imagine we'd be trading the farm to get McCaffrey and likely needing to trade only the barn to nab Samuel in the 2nd.

For me I'm inclined to think we'd be better off to move up to nab two 2nds and target players rather than trade likely the same number of picks for a single player in the 1st.

I have seen them both play. It is not "obvious Samuel is quicker." In fact, I think it's obvious that Christian is slightly quicker between the two, while it is obvious that Samuel is faster in straight ahead speed. As for saying he is a better receiver... Hard to believe someone would actually believe that. One of the few deeper catches I've seen him actually use his hands, he had to use his helmet as support lol Just looks awkward catching the ball. Kind of reminds me of watching Virgil Green catch. While, Christian makes it look so natural and easy any time he catches the ball. You might just be using the fact that Curtis always seemed to be so open because he could simply outrun college defenders. I'm not sure.

As for comparing their stats. One guy was the entire offense with little to no support. The other had plenty of other play makers to take some of the heat off of him. Also, I don't think it should be ignored that it seemed as if the majority of his big plays and yards came on a variety jet sweep type plays.

Edit: Disregard "quicker". My stance is that Christian is more agile. My mistake.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 04-08-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I have been advocating for McCaffrey for a few months and even I would be disappointed if the Broncos need to trade up to #10 to get him. A few spots maybe, but the trade equity needed to move up 10 spots is not worth it IMO.

That being said, those downplaying McCaffrey because of his family name, your limited vision of how to use him or my personal favorite a poster that expressed how he just does not like "white RBs" are all missing the point on this young man.

His body of work at Stanford is exceptional. His skillset, character and work ethic are among the best in his class and are the qualities you need as a foundation for long term winning. Other players may be similar or easier to draft. But don't discredit the young man for marginal reasons. He has earned the position and hype he is getting in this draft. Whether he goes top 10 or at the end of the 1st round. He will be selected and he will have an impact in the NFL. And the Broncos would benefit with him on the team.

Just a matter of time to see if the Broncos are using his skills or trying to stop him if he goes to a Division rival or AFC foe.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I have been advocating for McCaffrey for a few months and even I would be disappointed if the Broncos need to trade up to #10 to get him. A few spots maybe, but the trade equity needed to move up 10 spots is not worth it IMO.

That being said, those downplaying McCaffrey because of his family name, your limited vision of how to use him or my personal favorite a poster that expressed how he just does not like "white RBs" are all missing the point on this young man.

His body of work at Stanford is exceptional. His skillset, character and work ethic are among the best in his class and are the qualities you need as a foundation for long term winning. Other players may be similar or easier to draft. But don't discredit the young man for marginal reasons. He has earned the position and hype he is getting in this draft. Whether he goes top 10 or at the end of the 1st round. He will be selected and he will have an impact in the NFL. And the Broncos would benefit with him on the team.

Just a matter of time to see if the Broncos are using his skills or trying to stop him if he goes to a Division rival or AFC foe.
    This right here. For everyone on here that might like him a bit more because of his name, there is someone that is underrating him because they think he's just being talked up around here because of his name. However, it's not just broncos fans on here that are projecting him as a first round rb, with some putting him as high as top ten. That would be everyone. It would be different if you only saw him projected in the first round by bronco fans.

I should add that this doesn't make everyone right on their analysis of Christian. But, it does mean that there is more than just a name to him.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 04-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post

I trust the tape, Samuel is fast and quicker no question.

Combine cone drills are mehh... it's all based off counting your steps and being efficient.