Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    What's the compensation of CLE jumps up to 20 from 33?

DEN probably feels they'll going to settle for Cam, Bolles, Lamp or an OT and taking 1 with the first pick in the second round is realistic.

They probably feel the top tier guys will be gone by 20 and with what remains, there's probably mid rounders they feel are comparable choices to the options that remain.

So.... what's it worth? Would have to be 2 picks in the 2-4 round range for me.

This means DEN could take their OL on top of a TE and RB. 3 for the price of 1.

Still, having that 5th Year option as well as most likely having your choice of any OL prospect (bc it could be that no OL goes first 29 picks).... well, this means more to me than adding a 3rd rounder.

If it happens, we better get more value as opposed to settling for less.!

Now.... maybe Elway really wAnts 2 of the top 35 guys and this feels trading back from 20 is worthwhile bc that helps them trade up from 50 something?
    According to the draft trade value chart created by Jimmy Johnson, the Broncos would be looking at the 33rd pick and the first pick of the third round at least to move from 20 to 33. But in getting those two picks they're giving up value, and since Cleveland is the one wanting to move up, it makes more sense for Denver to be getting more.

So maybe 20 and Denver's 4th for both of Cleveland's 2nd round picks?

Here's the trade chart, interesting to look at it with the picks assigned to teams, helps figure out what it would take to move up.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Well in all fairness Roby did step in for Talib last season and did not do that well. He had 2 or 3 penalties called on him.
    He also won DPOTW did he not?

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He also won DPOTW did he not?
    He did at one point yes. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that when he was thrust into the number two spot he didn't play as well as when he goes in as the number 3 DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    He did at one point yes. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that when he was thrust into the number two spot he didn't play as well as when he goes in as the number 3 DB.
    There is some good and some bad, as with all young players. To be fair Talib might have been the best corner in football last year, so they were big shoes to fill. Some players take time to adjust to new roles, thats why Harris is so special as he can be inserted anywhere and not miss a beat. Im not saying he'd be an all-pro, but I think Roby is a good corner that has yet to hit his ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    It has nothing to do with McCaffrey. What is with the love affair with this kid on this board?
    What is the love affair with a triple threat who can run inside or outside, catch the ball, great in Pass Pro and can return kicks? Yeah, I can't figure it out either.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I would argue that nickel corner is a starter.

I'm not trying to bum anybody out but Lisa McCaffrey said last night that Christian had a very good visit with the Carolina Panthers. Now when do the Carolina Panthers pic? In the top 10.

if I had a venture to guess, I'm going to say that Christian McCaffrey ends up a Carolina panther before the Broncos even have a chance to sniff an opportunity of moving up and acquiring his services.

It stinks but it's reality guys.

If Lenard goes 4th then I can see it. Hopefully he falls to Carolina.

There should be a nice group of playmakers available at 20. I just hope we don't draft Oline at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not trying to bum anybody out but Lisa McCaffrey said last night that Christian had a very good visit with the Carolina Panthers. Now when do the Carolina Panthers pic? In the top 10.

if I had a venture to guess, I'm going to say that Christian McCaffrey ends up a Carolina panther before the Broncos even have a chance to sniff an opportunity of moving up and acquiring his services.

It stinks but it's reality guys.
    If Jax takes Fournette, Coughlin is reportedly very high on him, then I dont think we'll get a shot at CMac. In fact the only real shot we have is if Fournette goes to CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    If Jax takes Fournette, Coughlin is reportedly very high on him, then I dont think we'll get a shot at CMac. In fact the only real shot we have is if Fournette goes to CAR.
    We need to hope that Jax passes on Fournette because Carolina is definitely attempting to build around Cam Newton with as many weapons as they can.

Most of the value in this draft is in the 2nd-4th rounds, so if we could land another 3rd, it would make some sense.

Depending how far we drop.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

McCaffrey is reallllly good, but given how deep this RB class is it might be better to wait to take one in the 3rd.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

You see everyone wants C-Mac not only for his running and receiving abilities but his return skills as well.

However there are other running backs to be had and I for one believe that Jordan Taylor can't be every bit as effective and then matchups for opposing defenses just as well as C-mac could. I know he is not Christian McCaffrey but if we're not able to land McCafferrey, it's not the end of the world because we have other players on the roster that can produce in the same fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    You see everyone wants C-Mac not only for his running and receiving abilities but his return skills as well.

However there are other running backs to be had and I for one believe that Jordan Taylor can't be every bit as effective and then matchups for opposing defenses just as well as C-mac could. I know he is not Christian McCaffrey but if we're not able to land McCafferrey, it's not the end of the world because we have other players on the roster that can produce in the same fashion.
    I think Taylor is a true outside receiver. Really tall, extremely long, (skinny). He's not quick enough to be a slot and isn't built correctly to be constantly crushed by LBs. Honestly, I don't know how his route running is, but I'd love to see Janovich work a little more in the slot if he can learn it (if possible).
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Most of the value in this draft is in the 2nd-4th rounds, so if we could land another 3rd, it would make some sense.

Depending how far we drop.
    that's true in every draft.....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury