Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: TJ Watt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814

    TJ Watt

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5uEp6aW5bH4

    Now I know many of you are really big on Todd Davis however would any of you be opposed to the Broncos drafting Tj Watt in the second round?

    No I understand that Watt will be a high second round pick but let's say for a moment that the player that the Broncos covet at number 20 is a long off the board and the Broncos decide to trade back and stock pile picks later in the draft.

    Assuming that they did this I would imagine that they would come out of it with at least one really high second rounder, so would anybody be opposed to drafting a very physical and violent TJ Watt?
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    17,035
    TJ Watt will be an edge rusher in the NFL, likely going to a 3-4 team. He is in the late 1st-round conversation along with Takkarist McKinley and Charles Harris.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    TJ Watt will be an edge rusher in the NFL, likely going to a 3-4 team. He is in the late 1st-round conversation along with Takkarist McKinley and Charles Harris.
    I'm so glad you pointed that out because my whole point of this was if he turns out to be anything like his brother and we all know that he is looking a lot like his brother in the college ranks right now and the Broncos actually drafted him to groom him for a future role as an edge rusher and perhaps trade Shane Ray?

    Ray is going into his third season with the Broncos and will possibly be a free agent after the next two seasons so is it so far-fetched to assume that maybe John Elway picks up TJ Watt after trading the Broncos first round pick in this year's draft for perhaps a LT?

    You see everybody is high on drafting Christian McCaffrey which sounds really good to me but the Broncos also need a left tackle and I highly doubt they're going to draft one, they want somebody that's already proven at the position, so what better leverage can a team have while trying to find a proven left tackle than a first round pick and in the process picking up another edge rusher, a promising young Edge rusher.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-12-2017 at 08:13 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,341
    As someone pointed out already watt is an edge rusher we also brought in Derek rivers for a visit who is another early 2nd fringe first round pick. Shave ray contract isn't up until 2020 and we have a team option on von miller for the same year. That would seem like some extreme planning ahead when we have our starters locked up for atleast 3 more years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    17,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    and perhaps trade Shane Ray?

    Ray is going into his third season with the Broncos and will possibly be a free agent after the next two seasons
    Ray is not going anywhere. He's under contract for a reasonable price for 3 more seasons, considering the 5th-year option which will be totally worth it for an edge rusher.

    Ray is getting better every year, had 8.0 sacks last season, seems to have the right mindset/work ethic and now will get a chance to be a full-time starter.

    Elway might draft another edge rusher to add to Miller and Ray, not to replace one of them.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Ray is not going anywhere. He's under contract for a reasonable price for 3 more seasons, considering the 5th-year option which will be totally worth it for an edge rusher.

    Ray is getting better every year, had 8.0 sacks last season, seems to have the right mindset/work ethic and now will get a chance to be a full-time starter.

    Elway might draft another edge rusher to add to Miller and Ray, not to replace one of them.
    LMAO I love how you guys come on here and say so-and-so isn't going anywhere or what the team is going to do. It's almost as if OCD has something to do with it like no no no he can't go. LOL

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,912
    I like Tyus Bowser more, I think he has a lot more potential as an ILB as well as being an edge rusher

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I like Tyus Bowser more, I think he has a lot more potential as an ILB as well as being an edge rusher
    I'm not saying this will happen but what if the Broncos actually traded up and they had to choose between Christian McCaffrey and Ruben Foster who would you go with?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    LMAO I love how you guys come on here and say so-and-so isn't going anywhere or what the team is going to do. It's almost as if OCD has something to do with it like no no no he can't go. LOL
    I complet Ely agree. None of us know for sure who is coming and who is going. Now while I say that it does not fit Elway's mould to let depth and reasonably price talent just walk. If Elway was thinking Ray would not be here then I could see us trying to trade him for either a player or decent picks in the draft. At leat that way we'd get something for him. In fact I could see Barrett ending up in that spot on draft day or after draft day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not saying this will happen but what if the Broncos actually traded up and they had to choose between Christian McCaffrey and Ruben Foster who would you go with?
    Foster he is the better player at his position and generally speaking we have enough RBS and a capable return man already under contract. There is also the possibility to trade up in the 2nd as well and nab Samuel if a McCaffrey type player is someone we feel we need.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not saying this will happen but what if the Broncos actually traded up and they had to choose between Christian McCaffrey and Ruben Foster who would you go with?
    Seems like conventional wisdom among general managers is that one only trades up for a QB or a pass rusher. Denver has done that the past two drafts. I guess they could trade up for a RB or an Inside Backer. However, Denver has had success with Inside Backers in later rounds and trading up for a RB seems unwise given the depth available in the draft pool this year. It would surprise me if the Broncos trade up, but who knows?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Seems like conventional wisdom among general managers is that one only trades up for a QB or a pass rusher. Denver has done that the past two drafts. I guess they could trade up for a RB or an Inside Backer. However, Denver has had success with Inside Backers in later rounds and trading up for a RB seems unwise given the depth available in the draft pool this year. It would surprise me if the Broncos trade up, but who knows?
    I actually see them trading back perhaps into the early second round and that's what prompted this thread.

    As we've all already heard, the Browns covet a passer rusher but more than than that they also covet quarterback, I heard they like both Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Keizer at 20, anything higher would be a reach for the browns.

    The Broncos covet a LT, an already proven LT so in a sense who's to say that you wouldn't trade back while trading away either Barrett or Ray and the number 20 pick to Cleveland in exchange for Joe Thomas and perhaps the opportunity to draft a worthy replacement for either in Tj Watt, who they'll have at a reasonable cost for the next five years.

    I'm not saying it's going to happen it's just speculation and worth a conversation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I'm not saying this will happen but what if the Broncos actually traded up and they had to choose between Christian McCaffrey and Ruben Foster who would you go with?
    Is there a bad choice in either?

    Both bring significant skill and intangibles to their positions. Both would be welcomed in a Bronco uniform. Both have "similar" players that could be drafted later instead of them. Not sure I would give up the assets needed to trade up for either in all honesty. But can understand the argument for doing so.

    Tough close call but I give my narrowest of margins vote to Foster in this scenario.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    LMAO I love how you guys come on here and say so-and-so isn't going anywhere or what the team is going to do. It's almost as if OCD has something to do with it like no no no he can't go. LOL
    It's because life isn't Madden...In real life, most players aren't just pawns on a chess piece to move around to gain more players... Yes trades happen, but there has to be a logical reason for a trade. Rod gave a perfectly logical reason as to why he will not be traded.


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's because life isn't Madden...In real life, most players aren't just pawns on a chess piece to move around to gain more players... Yes trades happen, but there has to be a logical reason for a trade. Rod gave a perfectly logical reason as to why he will not be traded.
    It doesn't matter trades do in fact happen in case you hadn't noticed. You just can't come in and speak for the team anything can happen at any time and there's nothing wrong with pure speculation.

    I never even played Madden, I'm not a gamer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •