• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Margaritaville
    Bench Warmer
    • Jan 2012

Raider Nation - Las Vegas Style....

This Raider relocation is already getting interesting and could ultimately redefine some common NFL terms such as "tight end"...."wide receiver"...."sack leader"....or "the deep ball"......

Dennis Hof, the owner of the infamous Bunny Ranch brothel near Carson City, Nev., has announced plans to open a Raiders-themed bordello to cater to sports fanatics near Sin City.

"The Raiders coming to Vegas will mean big business for me, so my next sex den will honor the 'Men in Black' and their 'Raider Nation.’”

The new bordello, which Hof is calling the “Pirate’s Booty Sports Brothel,” will open sometime before the end of the year in Crystal, just over an hour’s drive from the Las Vegas Strip.

According to the press release, Hof is hoping his “sex palace” will also cater to incoming athletes in addition to as die-hard football fans. He’s already extended a half-off deal for all Raiders players and staff, and he plans to build a VIP suite for their exclusive use.

"Pirate's Booty will have the magnificent 'Darrell Russell Hall of Dames,' named after the late-great Raiders' defensive tackle and well-known Bunny Ranch patron," Hof said of the exclusive bedroom. "That VIP suite will be exclusively available to Raiders players and other high-profile athletes.”

• DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

What does this have to do with Denver Football?
    sigpic

Comment

• Rastic
      Modulated
      • Oct 2013

Thread moved.

Comment

• Margaritaville
        Bench Warmer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        What does this have to do with Denver Football?
        Broncos will soon be playing in LA$ VEGA$ every year and that city provides some serious/unique challenges and temptations to young, wealthy NFL players, we shall soon see how this all plays out, however I am not surprised the NFL has previously avoided LA$ VEGA$.

Comment

• jwhitt1
          Practice Squad
          • May 2010

I`m against the move. I wonder how many of you will make Vegas an annual destination to take over the stadium or at least have a strong showing of opposing fans every year? I think the Raiders will be "sharing" the home field many games a year. They should have stayed in Oakland

Comment

• westside Bronco
            Practice Squad
            • Aug 2014

What better way to have a SPORTS WEEKEND than catching a RAIDERS game and a GOLDEN KNIGHTS game !

Same demographics !

Comment

• DevilSpawn
              versus you
              • Mar 2006

The Raiders broke ground in Vegas yesterday. Bleh.

I know we're a global brand, but there will be a loss of home field advantage moving from the Bay to the Sands, just as there was moving from the Bay to L.A.. To what extent I don't know because The Nation travels well. I just hope they will travel well to their own stadium in 2020 and beyond. The Bay Area fans are special and Vegas won't come close to touching their passion.

The only thing I like about this is the value it will bring to the franchise. But heck, the Cowboys are the most valuable NFL franchise but their team has won less playoff games in the last 20 years than the Raiders, who sucked mightily in 13 of those 20 years. If the Raiders can bring a dynasty then they'll be set for a while. We shall see. Sucks for Oakland. The Bay Area really.

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                The Raiders broke ground in Vegas yesterday. Bleh.

I know we're a global brand, but there will be a loss of home field advantage moving from the Bay to the Sands, just as there was moving from the Bay to L.A.. To what extent I don't know because The Nation travels well. I just hope they will travel well to their own stadium in 2020 and beyond. The Bay Area fans are special and Vegas won't come close to touching their passion.

The only thing I like about this is the value it will bring to the franchise. But heck, the Cowboys are the most valuable NFL franchise but their team has won less playoff games in the last 20 years than the Raiders, who sucked mightily in 13 of those 20 years. If the Raiders can bring a dynasty then they'll be set for a while. We shall see. Sucks for Oakland. The Bay Area really.
                When my Dad retired from the Air Force in 1964, we moved to the Denver area where I became a Bronco fan mostly because of him.

I ended up in the Coast Guard Reserve from 1969-1976 and spent several months each year during that time in the Bay Area/Northern California much of which was in the East Bay/Alameda.

I was a pro football fan and loved to discuss it with other fans which brought me face-to-face with a lot of Raider fans. When they found out I was from Colorado and a Bronco fan, they used to tease me because that was before the Broncos had enjoyed much success in the sport. Denver's first winning season was 1973.

The Raider fans I interacted with back in those days were very cool to me and knowledgeable. I learned from them, and in a lot of ways the Raiders were the yardstick to which the Broncos had to measure themselves. Striving to beat the Raiders was what made the Broncos a good organization, because back then Oakland was a powerful force to be reckoned with in pro football.

The Raiders went to LA for thirteen years which was heresy for their Northern California following. Back then I used to think about my old Raider friends in the Bay Area and Monterrey. It was ironic that one of the reasons the Broncos were included in the AFL/NFL merger and stayed in Denver was because of the way Al Davis did his job as AFL Commissioner. When he took the Raiders to LA, he did it for the money, and as a way to continue to poke the NFL in the eye, but he turned his back on a very loyal group of fans. I'm glad the franchise returned to Oakland in '95, and I'm sure the fans were overjoyed at the time.

Monday Night will be the last time the Broncos play in the Raiders' "Black Hole" and it will be a sad, farewell season for those East Bay fans. Many of them spend a great deal of time in makeup, costume and accessories in preparation to attend the game. They try to look fearsome, but in reality they are playfully embodying the old "Raider contra mundum" spirit initiated by Al Davis, John Madden and Co. Throwing things onto the field is over the top, but that is a few who threaten to spoil the fiesta for others.

The Raider fans in the Bay Area deserve better, but unfortunately the NFL is a greed driven, multi-billion dollar annual enterprise which takes advantage of fan loyalty and love of the game. Mark Davis failed to extract local government tax capital to upgrade or replace Oakland/Alameda County Stadium. I wish Raider fans luck going into the future when the team is in Las Vegas. Maybe their passion will sustain them from a distance. The desert seems like another planet compared to foggy, damp and watery San Francisco Bay.
                Last edited by samparnell; 09-07-2019, 09:43 AM. Reason: edit
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• skeeter01
                  Football Immortal
                  • Apr 2008

Henry Ruggs looked pretty good in his debut

Comment

Working...
                  X