Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm just saying that if we use a second round pick to move up and pick CMAC, I won't complain because I haven't been impressed with the last decade of second round picks outside of Derek Wolfe.

I'm not saying we just do this every year, but it is why I'm not complaining of we do it this year.
    Just to be clear, if the Broncos decided to use the assets to move up to land Foster or similar player I would likely be just as happy.

Re-reading some of my comments has me thinking i sound like one of the "irrational McCaffrey fanboys" that have been mentioned. IMO my over-reaction to the multiple unwarranted dismissive comments on a player. We (a collective "we" as fans, not necessarily directed at you or any one poster) may disagree on a particular player or position of need.

But some of the continued arguments against McCaffrey have become ridiculous. He has earned the right to be discussed as a top 20 player. At least give him that respect even if you prefer another player or position for the Broncos.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-18-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    seems like if the fact some see him as a huge weapon of need, and believe that without a doubt he will be a huge asset to the struggling offense and ST..

ruffles your feathers, you could always stay out of the thread
    It doesn't "ruffle my feathers". It's just funny some are getting angry when people point out the obvious bias because of the kids blood line.

If this kid didn't have a leg up in the minds of some bronco fans because of his last name, then where are the 100+ post threads for Dalvin Cook? It would be a hard argument to make that you wouldn't be able to have Cook split out wide 5 times a game. McCaffrey may be the better route runner, but Cook is in a lot of minds the better back.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    It doesn't "ruffle my feathers". It's just funny some are getting angry when people point out the obvious bias because of the kids blood line.

If this kid didn't have a leg up in the minds of some bronco fans because of his last name, then where are the 100+ post threads for Dalvin Cook? It would be a hard argument to make that you wouldn't be able to have Cook split out wide 5 times a game. McCaffrey may be the better route runner, but Cook is in a lot of minds the better back.
    If his name was Christian bowles will people still be falling in love with him? LOL I don't know it's hard to say but I could see why people would be bias in Denver however Christian McCaffrey is a hot commodity around the country.

I like Christian a whole lot however I just don't see the Broncos being able to get into a position to draft him not only that but we have guys that can be playmakers in Mike McCoy's offense somebody such as Jordan Taylor put Jordan Taylor in the slot in he's going to be pretty darn good if not better than McCaffrey right now. Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-18-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Pretty big Character different. One has been arrested multiple times while the other is a standout leader and a teammate who pushes his teammates to be better than they are(almost to the point where they complain.) One looked great at the Combine, while the other didn't look like he prepared at all for the biggest job interview of his life. Its not like one out performed the other on the field....pretty much a wash there. So sure....it definitely has to be the last name.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    If his name was Christian bowls will people still be falling in love with him? LOL I don't know it's hard to say but I could see why people would be bias in Denver the Christian McCaffrey is a hot commodity around the country.

I like Christian a whole lot however I just don't see the Broncos being able to get into a position to draft him not only that but we have guys that can be playmakers in Mike McCoy's offense somebody such as Jordan Taylor put Jordan Taylor in the slot in he's going to be pretty darn good if not better than McCaffrey right now. Just my two cents.
    His name could be Christian Idiot and some will like him. The kid is a great talent, so naturally he will have a following. And I'm betting some like him because they want the local kid donning the orange and blue. That's always a big angle in CO. You don't get that too often in TX and FL because so many good players are from there. But there are hardly ever any elite FB talent from CO.

It will be interesting who grabs the kid. For his sake I just hope he doesn't go to the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I'm not ignorant to the fact that we lack "play makers" on offense. Yes we need one or more. But I still think we can get one in the 2nd and keep our 1st for a more impact full player. I don't think we should take on OT for the sake of need. I just think a player like Lamp, Foster, Mike Williams, etc would be more impact full. Then we could come back in the 2nd and take Kamara who, IMO, is very similar to McCaffrey.

I guess I just don't see the reason for the level of love for McCaffrey as others do. He is flying up boards, and I don't want to mortgage the future for a player I think isn't as impact full as the likes of Foster.
    Kamara isn't half the player that CMac is. I'm surprised people like this Kamara kid. His tape is so unimpressive. All edge runs, and breakaways. Very little of making people miss in space. He obviously relied on his speed to beat slower LBs in college. That won't happen in the NFL. Calling it now, Kamara will be a dud in the NFL unless he can totally change his running style (which is possible).
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm just saying that if we use a second round pick to move up and pick CMAC, I won't complain because I haven't been impressed with the last decade of second round picks outside of Derek Wolfe.

I'm not saying we just do this every year, but it is why I'm not complaining of we do it this year.
    Moving up in the first round for anyone besides a QB or a pass rusher is questionable. Perception of past unsatisfactory decisions in the second round doesn't seem a logical rationale for being inclined not to use it.

McCaffrey offers interesting possibilities for an OC, but how his game transfers to the NFL remains to be seen. Skipping a bowl game and personal workouts is curious. Denver drafting him would probably be about as popular as drafting Bobby Anderson was.

The jury is still out on Adam Gotsis and Ty Sambrailo. My personal inclination is for Denver to use their ten draft picks and choose well. The 2016 Draft may turn out to be pretty good.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Moving up in the first round for anyone besides a QB or a pass rusher is questionable. Perception of past unsatisfactory decisions in the second round doesn't seem a logical rationale for being inclined not to use it.

McCaffrey offers interesting possibilities for an OC, but how his game transfers to the NFL remains to be seen. Skipping a bowl game and personal workouts is curious. Denver drafting him would probably be about as popular as drafting Bobby Anderson was.

The jury is still out on Adam Gotsis and Ty Sambrailo. My personal inclination is for Denver to use their ten draft picks and choose well. The 2016 Draft may turn out to be pretty good
    I'm with you on that one Sam. I have been following the Draft for sometime(not as much as you old man), but I really like this Draft class. I mean it's not Top Loaded like other classes...but damn is it deep.

By the way, you know I'm kidding about the old man part.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Pretty big Character different. One has been arrested multiple times while the other is a standout leader and a teammate who pushes his teammates to be better than they are(almost to the point where they complain.) One looked great at the Combine, while the other didn't look like he prepared at all for the biggest job interview of his life. Its not like one out performed the other on the field....pretty much a wash there. So sure....it definitely has to be the last name.
    Dalvins Cooks subpar combine was still better than McCaffreys. And character concerns are valid for Cook no argument there. But then again Broncos haven't stayed away from character concerns in rd 1. Ex Roby and Ray.

But you're putting words in mouth. I've never said that all fans only want McCaffrey because of his dad. I have said that for some that bias is there, but there are also a lot of fans who are rational enough to want McCaffrey the player and not his bloodline. Bottom line, no reason to get so defensive when some point out the name. Because unwarranted or not, football conversations about Christian initially will circle back to his dad. Especially if he gets drafted by the Broncos. It's up to Christian to cement his own legacy.

Dalvins Cooks subpar combine was still better than McCaffreys. And character concerns are valid for Cook no argument there. But then again Broncos haven't stayed away from character concerns in rd 1. Ex Roby and Ray.

But you're putting words in mouth. I've never said that all fans only want McCaffrey because of his dad. I have said that for some that bias is there, but there are also a lot of fans who are rational enough to want McCaffrey the player and not his bloodline. Bottom line, no reason to get so defensive when some point out the name. Because unwarranted or not, football conversations about Christian initially will circle back to his dad. Especially if he gets drafted by the Broncos. It's up to Christian to cement his own legacy.
    I completely agree. He should be held separately, I mean one was a tall, lengthy sure handed WR. Christian is the small, agile, explosive utility back. They should be held different. Sorry I thought you were making the argument that most like him for his Sur Name. I just see him as a Back that you can't miss with BECAUSE of his "Jack of all Trade" utility. I love the prospect of him being in a Bronco uniform...don't love the idea of trading our 2nd rounder to move up to secure him.....3rd rounder I am all for though.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Kamara isn't half the player that CMac is. I'm surprised people like this Kamara kid. His tape is so unimpressive. All edge runs, and breakaways. Very little of making people miss in space. He obviously relied on his speed to beat slower LBs in college. That won't happen in the NFL. Calling it now, Kamara will be a dud in the NFL unless he can totally change his running style (which is possible).
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KzY_s2ekQ04

This is against Alabama. A good amount of his runs were up the middle. The teams only TD was a 10 yard run up the middle from Kamara. He also lined up out wide, in the slot, and came out of the backfield. He catches in traffic and does make people miss. There was a play I saw of his against Texas A&M that he took a screen about 50 yards all over the field making a handful miss and broke tackles. I don't know where you get that he is a one trick pony in that he only has speed to run outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I completely agree. He should be held separately, I mean one was a tall, lengthy sure handed WR. Christian is the small, agile, explosive utility back. They should be held different. Sorry I thought you were making the argument that most like him for his Sur Name. I just see him as a Back that you can't miss with BECAUSE of his "Jack of all Trade" utility. I love the prospect of him being in a Bronco uniform...don't love the idea of trading our 2nd rounder to move up to secure him.....3rd rounder I am all for though.
    I don't know if I want to trade at all for him. The only players (s) I would move up for are Foster, Williams, Adams, Lattimore, and Fournette.

We get annoyed because it implies that we don't know how to evaluate talent beyond who the kids father is. It implies that he's not a good player on his own right and the only reason we like him is who he's related to. It's annoying because people make assumptions that they know what our reason for liking a player is better than we do ourselves.

If Dalvin Cook was "in a lot of minds the better back" then why is McCaffrey (and not cook) being talked up by talking heads that are completely unrelated to the Denver Broncos?

Why is it if Cook is the better back that people are starting to mock McCaffrey in the Panther's spot at #8 overall instead of Cook? Some mocks don't even have Dalvin Cook in the first round, much less the top 10 like McCaffrey is trending.

Is it possible that you downplay McCaffrey's ability because of his last name? I dunno, bottom line is, it's entirely possible that we like him for him and not for his father...

I guess it just feels a bit condescending to assume that someone else only likes a player because of a name and that we wouldn't care if the name was different. It implies we don't know enough to properly evaluate and just overhype him because he's the hometown hero...
    Last edited by Freyaka; 04-18-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KzY_s2ekQ04

This is against Alabama. A good amount of his runs were up the middle. The teams only TD was a 10 yard run up the middle from Kamara. He also lined up out wide, in the slot, and came out of the backfield. He catches in traffic and does make people miss. There was a play I saw of his against Texas A&M that he took a screen about 50 yards all over the field making a handful miss and broke tackles. I don't know where you get that he is a one trick pony in that he only has speed to run outside.
    Not sure what in that "reel" would make me change my mind. Not impressed.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Not sure what in that "reel" would make me change my mind. Not impressed.
    Was just showing (against top competition) how he lined up everywhere and didn't just run up the middle. You must not have watched much tape on him if you think like that.