Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 151 to 164 of 164
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Not sure what in that "reel" would make me change my mind. Not impressed.
    Here is another highlight reel against SEC teams. I don't know what's not to like with him.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    96
    It is not very often that you see a College Football Player and you say wow this kid will be awesome in the NFL and this kid will be more than Awesome for any team that drafts him indeed. What is usually said is that it takes time to see if the Drafted players will turn out to be Great like for an example take a look at D. Booker I believe D Booker will be a Great Running Back for us ie Denver however as you could see his rookie year he appeared to be overwhelmed at times however near the end of the season he was gaining momentum and I think that D.Booker now gets it what needs to be done to be successful in a NFL Season and I do expect D.Booker to have a much better 2nd year however as we all saw D.Booker struggled his rookie year as most do however I can see CMAC coming in automatically making great things happen like picking up a 1st down moving the chains. I do not see the Rookie Wall hitting CMAC.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,165
    What skill significantly separates Kamara from Booker? Good talented players, solid RBs. Similar size/speed/strengths

    But what does Kamara "add" to the RB position and team?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    What skill significantly separates Kamara from Booker? Good talented players, solid RBs. Similar size/speed/strengths

    But what does Kamara "add" to the RB position and team?
    Kamara played against better competition. He seems faster and more shiftier. Who did Booker play against? Kamara was in the SEC, and played Alabama, A&M, Florida, Georgia, etc. He also seems like a better receiver than Booker.

    I just don't like the idea of spending such a high pick on a player who will not make a big impact. I just don't see what CMAC brings as beneficial as someone like Foster. We could come back in the 2nd and take Kamara who is similar to CMAC IMO.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    828
    I've watched 3 or 4 different highlight reels and several game-tape highlights of Kamara. Nothing jumps off the screen. Even in his highlight reels, there is nothing particularly impressive.

    Fournette, as an example, runs so tough. For how big he is, it's insane how he moves. He jukes people out of their shoes. He's very impressive.

    Joe Mixon is extremely explosive and a very tough runner. Good vision. Cut backs. He is impressive.

    OSU's Chris Carson is an impressive runner. Highlight reels show his incredible patience and vision.

    Joe Williams is interesting. Also impressive tape, but his commitment to football is in question.

    Out of every running back I've watched tape on, Kamara is one of the least impressive I've seen. I understand he has some versatility based on being able to line up wide, in the slot, etc., but his actual runs are nothing special from what I've seen. One of the reasons I've watched more tape on him than others is because Big Al on 1043 kept saying how much he liked him. I just don't see it.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-18-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    I've watched 3 or 4 different highlight reels and several game-tape highlights of Kamara. Nothing jumps off the screen. Even in his highlight reels, there is nothing particularly impressive.

    Fournette, as an example, runs so tough. For how big he is, it's insane how he moves. He jukes people out of their shoes. He's very impressive.

    Joe Mixon is extremely explosive and a very tough runner. Good vision. Cut backs. He is impressive.

    OSU's Chris Carson is an impressive runner. Highlight reels show his incredible patience and vision.

    Joe Williams is interesting. Also impressive tape, but his commitment to football is in question.

    Out of every running back I've watched tape on, Kamara is one of the least impressive I've seen. I understand he has some versatility based on being able to line up wide, in the slot, etc., but his actual runs are nothing special from what I've seen.
    To each his own. I have him as my 5th RB behind, Fournette, Cook, Mixon, and CMAC.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Dalvins Cooks subpar combine was still better than McCaffreys.
    Let me be clear. I'm a very big fan of Cook. I'd be extremely happy if we were able to draft him. But, how exactly was his combine better than Cmac's?

    During receiving drills, it was clear that Christian stood out above everyone else.

    But, then you go to the other numbers and the only thing he had better than Christian was bench press. So, I guess I'm just confused at how you would view him as performing better than Cmac at the combine.

    However, that's not me debating them as players, because I think the combine is very overrated in its value.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 04-18-2017 at 10:57 AM.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,312
    Beyond comparing the physical attributes there is the mental attributes. Some of the football colleges in the South draft for football attributes, in Stanford you better have both physical and mental. I live in the South so I see it first hand. Some of these players had a really tough life and this is their way out. In Christian's case he most likely has had a charmed life, thus he got to this point because he wanted it and it is more impressive because he didn't need it like so many others.

    Last year when we drafted Booker some were saying that he would bring an immediate impact to the team only because RBs is the "easiest" position on the team to learn. I argued it takes about 3 years for most RBs to get their timing & playbook down as well as for the game to slow down. IMO, Booker deserves another year before he is judged, his first year was underwhelming. Rarely do RBs have really good rookie years, a good o-line would have no doubt helped too.


    As far as Kamra, not sure if this trait translated to anything on the football field, but I saw this on a show called Sports Science.

    Alvin Kamara
    Ties record for the highest Max Vertical at 45 inches, this ties the NBA combine players that were tested too.
    With a test made specifically for RBs where at the end they hurl over a cross bar (like an endzone leap) he beat the record set by Adrian Peterson who set the record of 6ft which stood for 5 years. Alvin cleared the bar set at 6ft 1/4 inch by 7 inches!
    Height and weight is in the zone of the best backs to play the game
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,920
    Cook is better than McCaffrey purely as a runner, but there are other factors involved. Cook has fumble issues and multiple off-the-field issues. McCaffrey is a clean prospect with great work ethic. You know what you're getting with McCaffrey. Cook? You can't tell if he will stay out of trouble. These things matter when it's time to put the name on the card and put your job on the line for it. Usually, the clean prospects rise during the draft process and the prospects with "character issues" fall. That would help explain if somehow McCaffrey gets drafted ahead of Cook.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SoCal - The OC....
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    I think the real question is:

    If Christian McCaffrey was not the son of Ex-Broncos WR Ed McCaffrey,
    thus had zero ties to DEN, would you spend a 1st round draft pick for him?
    Depends on who else is on the board, but i absolutely would.

    The NFL is evolving. RB's need to be as good a WR as they are a RB. The elite backs all have amazing receiving chops. The days of the AP's of the world are past us.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Depends on who else is on the board, but i absolutely would.

    The NFL is evolving. RB's need to be as good a WR as they are a RB. The elite backs all have amazing receiving chops. The days of the AP's of the world are past us.
    I disagree. Elliott is a not a receiving back. Fournette is not a receiving back. You don't have to catch to be elite.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SoCal - The OC....
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I disagree. Elliott is a not a receiving back. Fournette is not a receiving back. You don't have to catch to be elite.
    I would take David Johnson and LeVeon Bell any day over Elliot and Fournette.

    DJ and bell are true dual threats. The others are not. Elliot is good but a by product of a completely dominant line.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    I would take David Johnson and LeVeon Bell any day over Elliot and Fournette.

    DJ and bell are true dual threats. The others are not. Elliot is good but a by product of a completely dominant line.
    Le'Veon Bell is special.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Kamara played against better competition. He seems faster and more shiftier. Who did Booker play against? Kamara was in the SEC, and played Alabama, A&M, Florida, Georgia, etc. He also seems like a better receiver than Booker.

    I just don't like the idea of spending such a high pick on a player who will not make a big impact. I just don't see what CMAC brings as beneficial as someone like Foster. We could come back in the 2nd and take Kamara who is similar to CMAC IMO.
    Booker played against NFL teams, which is better than the SEC. But in just assessing college, if playing games in the SEC were something that led to being a bette back, why do so many Alabama RBs end up being mediocre in the NFL? They play against SEC teams, they play against other top teams in the college playoffs and they practice against Alabama every single day. But back after back end up being mediocre in the pros.

    I'm not saying anything about Kamara, because I don't know much about him, just responding to the notion that him playing in the SEC makes him a better RB. And taking it further, of the top 5 RBs (by yards) in the NFL last year, not one played in the SEC, 3 played in the Big 10, one in the Big 12, and one in the Mountain West. And taking it further, not a single one of the top 10 backs played in the SEC. It's not until Mark Ingram at 11th that we find our first SEC running back. Playing in the SEC doesn't matter, there are 2 Boise State RBs in the top 10, who did they play against?
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •