Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 116

Thread: Game one.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    if i'm so wrong, tell me who is better? i said you could argue the giants.....maybe you could argue the bucs moving forward as well. maybe the raiders now that they have lynch?

    i simply don't see a team that has a veteran probowl QB, 3 play making receivers (one unproven but a top 10 pick), 2 play making TE's, and a play making probowl level RB.

    all you can do is talk about how they are made of glass and the OL but other than that the talent is absolutely there among the best talent in the league in terms of offensive weapons.

    the main thing is that OL, the raiders have the OL and the chargers do not.....yet.
    That star power got you real far last year. Just saying.... and don't mention injuries. 2013 the Broncos lost like 7 starters on D and there all pro LT and still made it to the super bowl. Great teams overcome injuries.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    That star power got you real far last year. Just saying.... and don't mention injuries. 2013 the Broncos lost like 7 starters on D and there all pro LT and still made it to the super bowl. Great teams overcome injuries.
    they didn't have all that "star power" last year though. they lost a key player for the season every week for 9 out of the first 11 weeks of the season.

    they lost both danny woodhead and keenan allen in the first two weeks of the season. yes they were good offensively early, that's why they were jumping all over teams only to choke those leads away.

    you don't have multiple 2 and 3 score choke jobs in the 4th quarter by not being able to score points. by the end of the season that team was a shadow of it's former self, a completely different team.

    not to mention having arguably the worst OL in football........ ive said all these things countless times.

    also, the broncos didn't have half the guys on IR in 2013 that the chargers had last season, less than half. the chargers had normal week to week injuries as well but they also had enough guys on IR to fill an offense and defense.

    not only that but that 2013 team was an offensive powerhouse, of course they were able to withstand injuries on the defensive side of the ball.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,973
    sniff sniff...why im almost in tears over baps sad injury excuse...i mean if we didnt hear it played over and over for years it might actually get a tear out

    But then...good teams overcome...bad teams go 4-12

    So...its not sad, just a overplayed pathetic excuse

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    sniff sniff...why im almost in tears over baps sad injury excuse...i mean if we didnt hear it played over and over for years it might actually get a tear out

    But then...good teams overcome...bad teams go 4-12

    So...its not sad, just a overplayed pathetic excuse
    just like usual, you have no answer for any of the points i just made. that's not the first time someone tried to compare the injuries of the 2013 broncos to the chargers last season, not even in the same ballpark in comparison.

    actually, i dare anyone to find me a team that has sent more guys to IR in a two year span than the chargers have in the last two years, go back 20 or 30 years if you like.

    good luck! and week 1 when the chargers will be healthy, you're going to need a lot of luck.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    The Chargers won just five games last season but ran into some bad luck early and couldn't recover in the league's strongest division. Based on Pythagorean wins, Football Outsiders concluded they played more like an 8-8 team, which makes sense when you consider that—per the same source—nobody in the AFC was hit as hard as the Chargers were by injuries.

    The law of averages alone indicates they might have had a shot at nine or 10 wins without lifting a finger in the 2017 offseason. But instead, they've gone all-in on offense in support of veteran quarterback Philip Rivers.

    They paid big bucks last month for veteran left tackle Russell Okung, and then they spent their first three draft picks on Mike Williams (the most complete receiver in the class), Forrest Lamp (quite possibly the best offensive lineman this year) and Dan Feeney (another guard with superb pass-protection skills).

    The defense was already in pretty good shape with Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram up front and Casey Hayward and Jason Verrett on the back end, but now look at how complete that offense is: Rivers, Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, Hunter Henry, Mike Williams, Tyrell Williams, Okung, Lamp, Joe Barksdale and Orlando Franklin.

    If the majority of those guys can stay healthy, the Chargers might make the playoffs in their first year in Los Angeles.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fter-the-draft

    just an opinion but unbiased and pretty much what i am saying in a less homer way.

    the underlined is why i said similar things last year to what i am saying this year because he is right. if the chargers changed nothing and just kept all the same players and got them healthy and stayed mostly healthy that would be a playoff contender.

    but they have bolstered the offense in every way possible except at RB where they have gordon who has developed into an every down back if need be after losing woodhead.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    291
    Even playing in Denver, I expect LAC to win the season opener. Denver QB play will improve through the year, but will be a major impediment early on.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Even playing in Denver, I expect LAC to win the season opener. Denver QB play will improve through the year, but will be a major impediment early on.
    Now why will it be a "major impediment early on"?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Now why will it be a "major impediment early on"?
    Because neither Lynch or Simien are very good and both are very young

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    Because neither Lynch or Simien are very good and both are very young
    9-7 for a first year qb isn't bad.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    9-7 for a first year qb isn't bad.
    In Denver's case, I'd argue your statement should be: "9-7 WITH a first year QB isn't bad" - and I have no argument with that theory. But let's face it, Denver's D carried the team.

    Siemian/Lynch weren't good last year. I think their play will improve with more experience throughout the season, thus the reason for my original post.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    In Denver's case, I'd argue your statement should be: "9-7 WITH a first year QB isn't bad" - and I have no argument with that theory. But let's face it, Denver's D carried the team.

    Siemian/Lynch weren't good last year. I think their play will improve with more experience throughout the season, thus the reason for my original post.
    Siemian had multiple 300 yard games while playing with a broken collar bone. Not to mention a non existent offensive line in front of him.

    He's going to be better than you realize coming out the gate.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Siemian had multiple 300 yard games while playing with a broken collar bone. Not to mention a non existent offensive line in front of him.

    He's going to be better than you realize coming out the gate.
    3 games >300 yds and 3 games <200 yds. Another game with just over 200 yds.

    He may come out of the gate strong, but I don't think last year's performance can be used as supporting evidence.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    3,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    In Denver's case, I'd argue your statement should be: "9-7 WITH a first year QB isn't bad" - and I have no argument with that theory. But let's face it, Denver's D carried the team.

    Siemian/Lynch weren't good last year. I think their play will improve with more experience throughout the season, thus the reason for my original post.
    Well your argument is that we will lose to the Chargers at home because our qb's are not good not cause our team is no good. Chargers were 5-11 last year so I guess they are good? Your statement makes no sense.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    Well your argument is that we will lose to the Chargers at home because our qb's are not good not cause our team is no good. Chargers were 5-11 last year so I guess they are good? Your statement makes no sense.
    No, I don't think LAC will be good this year - just a little better then Denver. The 2 teams split last year - picking a Chargers win to open the season doesn't strike me as a overly egregious on my part. I think the Chargers will improve slightly from last year and Denver to regress slightly. I expect Denver to slip densively.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainrnxile View Post
    No, I don't think LAC will be good this year - just a little better then Denver. The 2 teams split last year - picking a Chargers win to open the season doesn't strike me as a overly egregious on my part. I think the Chargers will improve slightly from last year and Denver to regress slightly. I expect Denver to slip densively.
    the chargers will have a top 5 offense in the NFL. the chargers could have changed nothing and just gotten healthy and they would have improved more than just "slightly" but they also upgraded the OL and added another offensive weapon.

    i get it, people want to see it first before they start calling a former 4 and 5 win team a playoff contender but the signs are all pointing forward.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •