Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 116

Thread: Game one.

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    They have always had a good offense......They just have no closer.

    The injury excuse is your fall back for a decade and I get that..... but the reality is no matter how many stars or quality players you have, Rivers has some serious end of game woes.

    56 minute champ 4 minute chump
    They have no run game or clock management at the and that is why Rivers always shoots himself in the ass.

    I won't say that they should had kept Marty but they should had Persued somebody like Vermiel, Holmgren or even Shanahan soon after Marty's departure. I'm sure Philis would have a couple Super Bowls by now under one of them.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think


    the rest of the world is starting to see the thigs ive been talking about since last year and this article for the most part pretty much covers it.

    i will just post one quote from the article, a point i have made about the choking many times here before.

    They also lost several early-season games in extremely improbable fashion. As Michael Salfino of the Wall Street Journal detailed in October, in the first five weeks of the 2016 season the Chargers lost two games in which they had a 99.9 percent chance to win. And during the same stretch they lost two other games in which they had a win probability of 75 percent or higher.

    "If you ran a computer simulation of these games from these points 30 million times, the Chargers would lose all four just once," financial analyst Seth Bienstock told Salfino.

    That's right, it was a one-in-30 million shot.

    It's safe to say that won't happen again, and injury rates vary greatly from year to year. The Chargers can't get any less lucky in either area and are likely to enjoy better fortunes in those respects.
    the odds of that happening again to any team at any point in time moving forward is about 50x less likely than the chances of a person being struck by lightning or 4x less likely that a person will die in a plane crash.

    in other words, that ain't ever happening again. combine that with sending so many guys to IR, a lot with the same knee injuries.....it's as bad as bad luck can get.

    the chargers are a threat and will compete for the division this year at worst in my mind. anything short of that will be a huge disappointment and a let down.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think

    "If you ran a computer simulation of these games from these points 30 million times, the Chargers would lose all four just once," financial analyst Seth Bienstock told Salfino.
    .
    A computer simulation also had 60 year Rocky Balboa beating a 28 year old Mason Dixon. What's your point?

    Ya it was only a movie but that is how silly Seth or salfinos statement is!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    They have no run game or clock management at the and that is why Rivers always shoots himself in the ass.

    I won't say that they should had kept Marty but they should had Persued somebody like Vermiel, Holmgren or even Shanahan soon after Marty's departure. I'm sure Philis would have a couple Super Bowls by now under one of them.
    rivers has been very good in the 4th quarter at times throughout his career. when he's not good is when he doesn't have a receiver he can trust and has terrible pass protection. last season he was just chucking them up after a while because while tyrell williams broke out, he still made a lot of mistakes and his other healthy receiver inman wasn't much better.

    rivers also has never been great when in obvious passing situations at the end of games when his team is behind, that i will will say and fully admit to. but in those situations, when he has been at his best, is when he had vincent jackson and gates out there catching jump balls and they got another guy like that now.


    it's going to be hilarious throwing all these opinions back in your faces when rivers has yet another pro bowl season this year and the chargers reach the playoffs.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    A computer simulation also had 60 year Rocky Balboa beating a 28 year old Mason Dixon. What's your point?

    Ya it was only a movie but that is how silly Seth or salfinos statement is!
    post the link, was that a one time simulation? if so that's not relevant at all. if it wasn't a one time simulation, what are the odds of that happening twice? oh and if you think that's not accurate, care to show me another time anything like that has ever happened before in the NFL?


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,862
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    post the link, was that a one time simulation? if so that's not relevant at all. if it wasn't a one time simulation, what are the odds of that happening twice? oh and if you think that's not accurate, care to show me another time anything like that has ever happened before in the NFL?
    How I tend to picture baph when he makes silly posts like this one.



    In fact, I read the entire post in that voice.


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How I tend to picture baph when he makes silly posts like this one.



    In fact, I read the entire post in that voice.
    pointless post of the day......... you have anything real to add? am i wrong? or are you just trolling?


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,862
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    pointless post of the day......... you have anything real to add? am i wrong? or are you just trolling?
    Pointless to you, but it'll get a good laugh at your expense out of everyone else in this thread. Who cares if I am just trolling? That's about all you are good for most days.

    "We're really the best team...but you know...injuries" Half the time I'm not sure you even realize the extent of your trolling. It's like you think your points make sense or something


    But you know "the chargers are more well rounded" and all that lol...


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    pointless post of the day......... you have anything real to add? am i wrong? or are you just trolling?
    you're questioning his post when you're talking about a computer simulation?

    C-mon man, everybody starts out with the same record every year the computer simulation means nothing because they have a legitimate chance to play and beat anybody they go up against.

    The last time I checked, they were in the NFL too. Nobody wants to hear about a computer simulation, I'm surprise you're even posting that type of garbage.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,862
    And yes, you are wrong. 99% of the time you are wrong and you celebrate the other 1% as if you've always been right.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    you're questioning his post when you're talking about a computer simulation?

    C-mon man, everybody starts out with the same record every year the computer simulation means nothing because they have a legitimate chance to play and beat anybody they go up against.

    The last time I checked, they were in the NFL too. Nobody wants to hear about a computer simulation, I'm surprise you're even posting that type of garbage.
    there are gambling establishments that base their betting odds solely on those computer simulations and they make lots of money doing it. but that's not the point and i don't think you truly read and comprehended my post.

    it's not talking about the odds of winning one game or the odds of winning a division or anything like that. it's talking about the odds of choking multiple games away in the same manner the chargers did, that isn't ever happening again or anything like it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And yes, you are wrong. 99% of the time you are wrong and you celebrate the other 1% as if you've always been right.
    LOL that right there just shows you are making stuff up. i was at least 50% correct just last season alone and that's considering every single thing i said. was i wrong when i said the broncos would be lucky to make the playoffs last year? was i wrong when you argued with me last season that the offense would be "fine"? was i wrong when i said that would be elways truest test as a GM?

    was i wrong about tebow? cutler? when you all argued with me to the contrary? yet 99% of the time i'm wrong?

    yeah, get your fake ass statistics and piss poor attempts at smack outta here, you are going to have to do better than that frey.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Pointless to you, but it'll get a good laugh at your expense out of everyone else in this thread. Who cares if I am just trolling? That's about all you are good for most days.

    "We're really the best team...but you know...injuries" Half the time I'm not sure you even realize the extent of your trolling. It's like you think your points make sense or something


    But you know "the chargers are more well rounded" and all that lol...
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think

    i'm not the only one saying these things, just the first to do so.

    everything i'm saying has validity whether you agree or not, your only defense to that is to misquote me and exaggerate or twist what i'm saying to make it seem off base. the thing is, none of you are anywhere near as knowledgeable about my team as i am, you can't compete there.

    heck for that matter, a good portion of you are less knowledgeable about your own team than i am.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,820
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    there are gambling establishments that base their betting odds solely on those computer simulations and they make lots of money doing it. but that's not the point and i don't think you truly read and comprehended my post.

    it's not talking about the odds of winning one game or the odds of winning a division or anything like that. it's talking about the odds of choking multiple games away in the same manner the chargers did, that isn't ever happening again or anything like.

    was i wrong about tebow? cutler? when you all argued with me to the contrary? yet 99% of the time i'm wrong?
    Dude I read the stupid article and believe me it is stupid. It doesn't matter if you're talking about winning games or choking games away it's a computer simulation for crying out loud.
    This is worse than the pansy fans crying about Vaseline or salary cap infractions.

    It's like you will use anything to support a dogmatic argument. Nobody cares about a computer simulation, the Chargers need to go out there in win at least 10 games to be a contender. Until they do that, I don't want to hear anything about injuries or computer simulations on what if's because every team suffers from injuries.

    Goodness gracious I would expect this from a pansy fan not from you.

    And yes the big dogs in Vegas make a lot of money but they make a lot of money preying on those with OCD. Obsessive compulsive disorder. No I'm not hating on these people not by any means but gambling is a serious addiction leading to being unable to resist impulses to gamble. This can lead to severe money problems, job loss, crime or fraud, and damage to family relationships. This is The only argument that serves relevance to your computer simulation, because they're true goal is to make money and they do it by preying on those with the disorder so that's all you're all argument serves a purpose for. Cheating and taking advantage of the sick.

    As far as Tim Tebow and Jay Cutler go it doesn't make you a football genius for filling skepticism when they were both drafted. I think a lot of people were hyped up for Jay Cutler but there is a reason why Vince Young and Matt Leinart went before Jay Cutler.

    As for Tim Tebow any true football fan knew that he didn't have the proper football mechanics to be a quarterback. It was only the asinine people that didn't know nothing about a quarterback's throwing motion and mechanics that said give him a chance but I think we all knew he wasn't going to pan out in the NFL as a quarterback so what do you want for that one a medal?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-02-2017 at 08:16 AM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    13,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    you're questioning his post when you're talking about a computer simulation?

    C-mon man, everybody starts out with the same record every year the computer simulation means nothing because they have a legitimate chance to play and beat anybody they go up against.

    The last time I checked, they were in the NFL too. Nobody wants to hear about a computer simulation, I'm surprise you're even posting that type of garbage.
    your talking about a guy who used a fantasy metric stat article ...that judged pass rushers on almost sacks...commonly known as hurries ...to prove a guy who only came in on pass rush downs that season, was one of the best pass rushers in the league, due to his pressures per snap %...in said fantasy article

    so bleacher report using a theoretical computer simulation is an improvement

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,862
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-you-think

    i'm not the only one saying these things, just the first to do so.

    everything i'm saying has validity whether you agree or not, your only defense to that is to misquote me and exaggerate or twist what i'm saying to make it seem off base. the thing is, none of you are anywhere near as knowledgeable about my team as i am, you can't compete there.

    heck for that matter, a good portion of you are less knowledgeable about your own team than i am.
    It's the preseason... If they handed out awards in the preseason you would be the paper superbowl champs many times over. I don't need to be "knowledgeable" about your team to know that they suck lol.

    I mean, I know, I know... It was the injuries two years in a row that made them incapable of winning 6 games in a season. There is always an excuse with you Baph, and then when there isn't room for an excuse you claim we are misquoting you or lying or whatever the heck suits your needs to wiggle out of statements made.

    Bottom line, your team sucks man. They are the dumpster fire of the AFC west and they'll be lucky if they hit 8 wins this year. Meanwhile, we've improved significantly over last season, but of course "the chargers are more well rounded"


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •