Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,712

    Demarcus Ware Retires a Cowboy

    This kind of stings a bit but I support Ware!

    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This kind of stings a bit but I support Ware!

    Um....I get it but kind of bummed. Wanted to have some kind of recognition for him for his retirement.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    11,720
    Makes sense. But he got the ring with Denver so he'll always be a Bronco!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    24,289
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Um....I get it but kind of bummed. Wanted to have some kind of recognition for him for his retirement.
    J.....it is not exactly how we might like to see it, but I can not blame a person for going with the group that took care of him for most of his career.

    He will always be a Bronco as well, and he will treasure his SB win for all his days!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Um....I get it but kind of bummed. Wanted to have some kind of recognition for him for his retirement.
    This to me was/is the difference between Peyton & Ware. Peyton recognizes the nuances of fans and understands the concept, deeply, about personal perception. Peyton I am sure had an offer to retire a Colt but turned it down. At the end of the day he played some incredible years here in Denver and ultimately expanded his fan base. Ware technically did the same thing but clearly didn't care or chose to ignore the fan perception here in Denver.

    I understand he played for Dallas many years of his career but ultimately I am not sure I will ever understand his decision. At the end of the day when it came time to pay you the team you felt the need to go back and retire at didn't extend you an offer worthy of your talents. So I am not fully understanding the need to retire a member of "that team". In addition it is also a bit of an insult to the team which signed you and their fans who cheered for you.

    I wish him all the best in his retirement and he does seem like a genuinely good person. So for me it is a shame he did this. I suppose I will use the words my parents used when I made bad decisions - "I am disappointed in you"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,371
    We prevented him from becoming a Marino. Yet he does this? Kinda a small slap in our faces. Couldn't get the money he wanted here so he retires a Cowboy? Hmmmmm

    Peyton retired a Broncos player, why not Ware?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    14,005
    Good for him....he was a cowboy for a long time...they drafted him...

    He had a ring from us and a career from them... seems fair.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    This to me was/is the difference between Peyton & Ware. Peyton recognizes the nuances of fans and understands the concept, deeply, about personal perception. Peyton I am sure had an offer to retire a Colt but turned it down. At the end of the day he played some incredible years here in Denver and ultimately expanded his fan base. Ware technically did the same thing but clearly didn't care or chose to ignore the fan perception here in Denver.

    I understand he played for Dallas many years of his career but ultimately I am not sure I will ever understand his decision. At the end of the day when it came time to pay you the team you felt the need to go back and retire at didn't extend you an offer worthy of your talents. So I am not fully understanding the need to retire a member of "that team". In addition it is also a bit of an insult to the team which signed you and their fans who cheered for you.

    I wish him all the best in his retirement and he does seem like a genuinely good person. So for me it is a shame he did this. I suppose I will use the words my parents used when I made bad decisions - "I am disappointed in you"
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    We prevented him from becoming a Marino. Yet he does this? Kinda a small slap in our faces. Couldn't get the money he wanted here so he retires a Cowboy? Hmmmmm

    Peyton retired a Broncos player, why not Ware?
    Because there was no acrimony nor bitterness between Ware and the Cowboys as there was between PM and Irsay in Indy. The Cowboys simply couldn't afford to keep Ware, they were in salary cap hell that year.

    Ware is following in the footsteps of a ton of other players who chose to retire with the team with which they played the most. A ton!

    Ware was drafted by the Cowboys and played nine seasons for them in his prime, giving his best years and best overall performance there, so this is no surprise nor should it be perceived as some sort of betrayal.
    Last edited by LynchMobster; 04-24-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    8,371
    Jerry Jones just looks like he couldn't care less. This is why I have a problem with this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Jerry Jones just looks like he couldn't care less. This is why I have a problem with this.
    Most people have a problem with Jerry Jones -including Cowboys fans! Ware can't be blamed for that.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    12,777
    Brian Dawkins retired a Eagle, John Lynch retired a Buc. Players tend to retire on the team they played for the longest. As for Peyton retiring a Bronco and understanding the nuances of fans, you don't think that pissed off Colts fans? If Ware retired for us after only 3 seasons you don't think Cowboy fans would be upset with him?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    Because there was no acrimony nor bitterness between Ware and the Cowboys as there was between PM and Irsay in Indy. The Cowboys simply couldn't afford to keep Ware, they were in salary cap hell that year.

    Ware is following in the footsteps of a ton of other players who chose to retire with the team with which they played the most. A ton!

    Ware was drafted by the Cowboys and played nine seasons for them in his prime, giving his best years and best overall performance there, so this is no surprise nor should it be perceived as some sort of betrayal.
    This is not a betrayal. I see this type of move as disrespectful to the fans of Denver. Salary cap hell or not if a player is that important to your organization then you keep them and move on from other guys. When you move on to a different organization and win a Super Bowl - something your original team could never accomplish in your 9 seasons there then I think it is fair to question this decision by Ware. Your original team clearly never felt they owed you anything and thus why do you feel the need to retire there with a 1 day contract?

    I think my opinion of this situation would be VERY different if Ware had asked to be traded or asked to not be given an offer so he could move to a contender. Then it would show that even if he truly liked and respected the organization he simply wanted to come to Denver to win and then retire....that is NOT what happened here.

    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Brian Dawkins retired a Eagle, John Lynch retired a Buc. Players tend to retire on the team they played for the longest. As for Peyton retiring a Bronco and understanding the nuances of fans, you don't think that pissed off Colts fans? If Ware retired for us after only 3 seasons you don't think Cowboy fans would be upset with him?
    It may very well have pissed off Colts fans but their real anger should have been directed towards ownership who kicked their star player to the curb and never kept him. What Peyton did was simply put - classy. He won a ring here and set a ton of records here and as a result had a separate part of his historical career here in Denver. The team showed its true colors when they opted to move on with Luck and not Peyton and that is fine. Football is a sport but it is also a business. IMO - Peyton and what he did for those who are truly fans respect and admire what he did. Thus IMO- he has maintained his brands integrity and overall brand-base in both cities. I am not sure Ware has done the same here in Denver.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,577
    I'm still mad at him for retiring a Dallas player but apparently there's no hard feelings between Denver and Ware so I'll let it go. Maybe. Not just yet though. lol

    Broncos planning a ceremony for DWare Week 2 before Dallas Game

    http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Report...-Ware-52463936

    Broncos Country has likely not seen the last of DeMarcus Ware.

    Per Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post, the Broncos have been in contact with the former star pass-rusher about honoring him prior to Week 2, when Denver hosts the Dallas Cowboys.

    Ware, who hung up his cleats in March, signed a one-day contract Monday to officially retire as a member of the Cowboys.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 04-25-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    This is not a betrayal. I see this type of move as disrespectful to the fans of Denver. Salary cap hell or not if a player is that important to your organization then you keep them and move on from other guys. When you move on to a different organization and win a Super Bowl - something your original team could never accomplish in your 9 seasons there then I think it is fair to question this decision by Ware. Your original team clearly never felt they owed you anything and thus why do you feel the need to retire there with a 1 day contract?

    I think my opinion of this situation would be VERY different if Ware had asked to be traded or asked to not be given an offer so he could move to a contender. Then it would show that even if he truly liked and respected the organization he simply wanted to come to Denver to win and then retire....that is NOT what happened here.



    It may very well have pissed off Colts fans but their real anger should have been directed towards ownership who kicked their star player to the curb and never kept him. What Peyton did was simply put - classy. He won a ring here and set a ton of records here and as a result had a separate part of his historical career here in Denver. The team showed its true colors when they opted to move on with Luck and not Peyton and that is fine. Football is a sport but it is also a business. IMO - Peyton and what he did for those who are truly fans respect and admire what he did. Thus IMO- he has maintained his brands integrity and overall brand-base in both cities. I am not sure Ware has done the same here in Denver.
    Did Champ Bailey disappoint you when he retired as a Bronco?
    2016 Adopt-A-Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
    Did Champ Bailey disappoint you when he retired as a Bronco?
    No - but if he had gone back to Washington and signed a 1 day deal there I'd likely have made the same comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •