Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,600
    My interest has been quite high for a month or so, given I have feelings for the fans and the players, and any of the leadership that know what's up!

    I have a sense, just like what Oakland has managed to do in the last few years, that Cleveland is back on track. They played it cool last night, and as some have mentioned, did not fall head over heels for a QB. They made 3 really smart picks in my estimation, plus they gained some draft capital. Very shrewd, very smart. MG, Peppers and Njoku will likely all contribute significantly in year one, and the draft is far from over yet! But getting talent on both sides of the ball (and what everyone describe as the #1 player in the draft) plus an '18 first rounder shows patience and commitment.

    Good on them! Great start to the draft!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    Drafts over and the Browns had a great three days. They finally may have gotten their QB of the future in Kizer. An outstanding prospect if the Browns don't rush him. Just let him develop under Jackson.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Uncompahgria
    Posts
    4,776
    And now with two first round picks and three second round picks for next year things are definitely looking up for them.
    Winter is Coming!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,600
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Drafts over and the Browns had a great three days. They finally may have gotten their QB of the future in Kizer. An outstanding prospect if the Browns don't rush him. Just let him develop under Jackson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    And now with two first round picks and three second round picks for next year things are definitely looking up for them.
    Good to hear from both of you....one a quality fan of The Bears, and the other, one of the finest we have ever had. Thanks for both joining in!

    As an aside, I hope Trubisky works out for Chicago. It certainly made the draft very interesting right from pick #2. BTW, most trades ever in a draft.

    Now back to The Browns. I give them the best draft of any team, although there were a number of teams who came away in great shape! But The Browns maneuvered smartly and with patience. They made an immediate improvement, while making next year's draft already something to look forward to, if that isn't too crazy to say. If all goes well, imagine how good this team might be in 2 or 3 seasons!!

    But yes, landing 3 potential first year starters in round one alone, and then landing a QB with all kinds of potential, followed by a number of other picks....was impressive, given the deal they made to release the #12 pick.

    I hope they move forward. I have no issues with them, and in fact, I am tired of folks ragging on them, as if this year will be no different. I believe it will be different. And for their fans and players.....lets hope!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    Hope the Browns get back to what they once were in the Kosar years and become the best team in the North. The hell with the rest of that division. Perhaps even Charlie Brown will come back to these new Browns.

    As for my Bears, Gotta love what Ryan Pace has just done, having the stones to move up and take the best QB in this draft. The last two years have been really tough, but he has added a lot of young talent. Now it is up to Fox and his staff to develop that talent.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Drafts over and the Browns had a great three days. They finally may have gotten their QB of the future in Kizer. An outstanding prospect if the Browns don't rush him. Just let him develop under Jackson.


    I agree,but the owner gotta get out of the way and allow people to do their jobs.

    You had alot of people here in Cleveland expecting the owner to overrule the GM and coach like he usually does.

    The Browns should of had Derek Car,if it wasn't for the owner overruling the previous GM and coach

    Like I said,if the owner leave people alone so they can do their job,the Browns will turn it around.
    I support Kaepernick 100%

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Hope the Browns get back to what they once were in the Kosar years and become the best team in the North.
    Again, different franchise. This Franchise "getting back to the Kosar years" would be like saying the Texans need to get back to the "Warren Moon years". Two completely different franchises. Same city, different franchises.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,543
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Hope the Browns get back to what they once were in the Kosar years and become the best team in the North. The hell with the rest of that division. Perhaps even Charlie Brown will come back to these new Browns.

    As for my Bears, Gotta love what Ryan Pace has just done, having the stones to move up and take the best QB in this draft. The last two years have been really tough, but he has added a lot of young talent. Now it is up to Fox and his staff to develop that talent.
    you guys got mauled in that trade, i'm sorry to say but hopefully it works out for you guys.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you guys got mauled in that trade, i'm sorry to say but hopefully it works out for you guys.
    Matter of opinion but I don't agree at all. We lost two three's and a four for the best QB in this draft, just last year Philly traded a boatload of picks to the Browns for Wentz including two firsts. Just a little history here for the Bears, in the 2014 draft our GM at the time Phil Emery wanted Arron Donald but would not move up one spot to get him, we lost.........Rams won. Our current GM Ryan Pace said that will never happen again, and it hasn't, the last two years he has moved up to get the player he wants.

    CanDB, sorry to hijack your thread for this reply.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    I agree,but the owner gotta get out of the way and allow people to do their jobs.

    You had alot of people here in Cleveland expecting the owner to overrule the GM and coach like he usually does.

    The Browns should of had Derek Car,if it wasn't for the owner overruling the previous GM and coach

    Like I said,if the owner leave people alone so they can do their job,the Browns will turn it around.
    Yep totally agree owners should let the people they hire do their jobs, plus keep those people long enough to get the job done.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,600
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    Matter of opinion but I don't agree at all. We lost two three's and a four for the best QB in this draft, just last year Philly traded a boatload of picks to the Browns for Wentz including two firsts. Just a little history here for the Bears, in the 2014 draft our GM at the time Phil Emery wanted Arron Donald but would not move up one spot to get him, we lost.........Rams won. Our current GM Ryan Pace said that will never happen again, and it hasn't, the last two years he has moved up to get the player he wants.

    CanDB, sorry to hijack your thread for this reply.
    Absolutely no problem. You have a right to defend your side, and many will agree with you. If The Bears find the right QB, I feel they can go back to emphasizing D, which was their stronghold for so many years.

    But yes, back on track. Thanks for that!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by bears6385 View Post
    The hell with the rest of that division. Perhaps even Charlie Brown will come back to these new Browns.
    I was so focused on the Kosar comment I didn't realize this comment.

    To answer:

    1. Again, nothing to "come back to" they are impostors.
    2. I'm through with football.
    3. Everyone jumping on this bandwagon is going to be proven a fool, as always.
    4. As evidence of number three, here is the Impostors' schedule:

    Week & Opponent
    1. Steelers
    2. @ Baltimore
    3. @ Indianapolis
    4. Bengals
    5. NYJ
    6. @ Houston
    7. Titans
    8. Vikings @ London
    10. @Detroit
    11. Jaguars
    12. @ Bengals
    13. @LA Chargers
    14. Packers
    15. Baltimore
    16. @Chicago
    17. @Pittsburgh

    They play 7 Home Games and 9 Away Games and have a difficult schedule.

    They will be extremely lucky if they win 3 games. More realistically, though, I easily see them going from last year's 1-15 to 0-16 this year.
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 05-01-2017 at 04:45 AM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I was so focused on the Kosar comment I didn't realize this comment.

    To answer:

    1. Again, nothing to "come back to" they are impostors.
    2. I'm through with football.
    3. Everyone jumping on this bandwagon is going to be proven a fool, as always.
    4. As evidence of number three, here is the Impostors' schedule:

    Week & Opponent
    1. Steelers
    2. @ Baltimore
    3. @ Indianapolis
    4. Bengals
    5. NYJ
    6. @ Houston
    7. Titans
    8. Vikings @ London
    10. @Detroit
    11. Jaguars
    12. @ Bengals
    13. @LA Chargers
    14. Packers
    15. Baltimore
    16. @Chicago
    17. @Pittsburgh

    They play 7 Home Games and 9 Away Games and have a difficult schedule.

    They will be extremely lucky if they win 3 games. More realistically, though, I easily see them going from last year's 1-15 to 0-16 this year.
    CB....are you saying London is not home????!!!!!

    The London Browns.....sounds pretty cool!


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    14,751
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    CB....are you saying London is not home????!!!!!

    The London Browns.....sounds pretty cool!

    Nope, no team that has a "home" game there really has a home game there. It's London! As for the name when they relocate there, they should be the London Fog.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    31,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Nope, no team that has a "home" game there really has a home game there. It's London! As for the name when they relocate there, they should be the London Fog.
    I was kidding in all ways, but your name idea does make me smile (a wee bit)......FTR, I do not think it right that a home game is in London or any other place that is not distinctly "home". I mean, sure the rules reflect a home game, but who is to say who the fans are pulling for. Then again, we have to make the commish happy, and explore more revenue sources.....not sure his $40M plus salary is paying all the bills.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •