Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Champ Bailey: 'No-Fly Zone' is special

Champ is the man. I really miss him!

I wish Father Time had given Champ just a few more playing years. He would have been part of the "No Fly Zone" and gotten a well deserved ring. Still, he'll be in the HOF in a few short years.

I will forever have my signed Champ Bailey Jersey hung up on my wall! Definitely one of my all time favorites and a class act. Miss that guy!

First ballot hall of famer right there. Love me some Champ Bailey!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
    I will forever have my signed Champ Bailey Jersey hung up on my wall! Definitely one of my all time favorites and a class act. Miss that guy!
    That's awesome. I have a signed Champ Bailey signed Broncos helmet.

I still remember when he came into the best buy I worked at...he was buying some beats and needed a headphone splitter in which we were sold out of...he got really annoyed at me and I was crying on the inside....like if I had personally I'd give it to you for free champ! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    If Champ Bailey had THAT much pride, he would've left and cashed in when things where crappy. Further, if he was that prideful, he would've demanded a trade when Elway asked him for a pay cut. IDK where you got this "pride" thing from.
    He was specifically asked to switch to Safety...from us and the Saints....he said flat out " I'm a corner, not a safety" Look it up. Yes he took a pay cut. He refused a position move.

Bailey said he does not plan to retire and is looking forward to being a free agent for the first time in his career. He said he would like to continue playing cornerback but would consider a position change to safety.

"I just want to see what people will want me to do. My vision is to still play corner, but I'm a little more open-minded about the season I had last year." Bailey said. "I'm a corner at heart. If a situation made sense to play safety, then I would consider it."

OK, I stand corrected.

We tried so hard to get a "No Fly Zone" with Champ. Sooo many DBs drafted and signed. Wish he could have been a part of this secondary. Not just for us but for him too.

He is right up there with Meck, Atwater, Grad, Al Wilson, Tombstone, Louis Wright and Dennis Smith as best Bronco Defenders of all time!

One of the best things the Bronco store ever hooked me up with was our current (was alt at time) Champ discounted jersey....well they hooked everyone up before it sold out.
    All that is required for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

Champ is one of my all time favorite Broncos if not THE favorite. Watching him play was a privilege. For a while we were mediocre but we could still brag at least we have Champ. By the time we found CHJ he had the foot injury and wasn't the same and it's a shame. At least we got him to a Superbowl to at least experience. Can't wait to see him in the HOF and his jersey retired (which I really think will happen)

Champ was the true Definition of a Shut Down Cornerback ! What a tremendous player he was and yes it was a privilege of watching him play for Denver !! I wear my #24 jerseys every where with Pride !

My 2nd ALL-TIME Favorite Bronco!
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Champ was the true Definition of a Shut Down Cornerback ! What a tremendous player he was and yes it was a privilege of watching him play for Denver !! I wear my #24 jerseys every where with Pride !
    3/4 of the earth is covered in water. The last quarter is covered by Champ Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    3/4 of the earth is covered in water. The last quarter is covered by Champ Bailey.
    You're insulting him by saying he only covered a 1/4 when in reality he covered 1/3 of the earth. Haha