Page 174 of 176 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2627

Thread: NFL Draft 2017

Ole Miss vs Memphis. Kelly vs Lynch. How about that?

Before the game started, the commentator said Kelly "is a workaholic; comes in before practice, during lunch time, after practice, spends a lot of time in the film room and really picked up this Ole Miss offense quite quickly..."

If that's the case, then he will have a great opportunity in Denver.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Since we are on the subject of Kelly, more specifically his actual football attributes, I figured someone in here could answer a question. I read he has a hard time throwing to the left side of the field. Now, the videos I have seen do not support this. Can anyone enlighten me on where this may have come from?
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

who has more raw talent? Kelly or Lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I would say Lynch but Kelly has ton himself just needs to stay out of trouble and keep his head on straight no screw ups.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I've already watched it, don't think many others did though otherwise I don't think we would've got so far away from what he's done on the field.

There's no denying that he's way more pro ready than Lynch was last year. All the things that are touched on in that video are what good QBs do. Anticipating passes, terrific ball placement, pocket poise and awareness, touch on his throws, huge arm to fit passes in tight windows. The only real big negatives are the poor decisions and the injuries. His footwork needs some refinement but it's a lot better than most college QBs coming out. I don't think there was a better QB in this draft honestly.
    That's what I think as well.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
    Since we are on the subject of Kelly, more specifically his actual football attributes, I figured someone in here could answer a question. I read he has a hard time throwing to the left side of the field. Now, the videos I have seen do not support this. Can anyone enlighten me on where this may have come from?
    I read that on his NFL.com draft profile. They also said things like he throws a nose dive ball when on the move....not sure where that info came from. They did say he was 2 for 12 on deep shots down left sideline...but that is hard to accept without any context for the throws...distance, coverage WR questions etc....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I would say Kelly is more competitive, better on the run and has a stronger arm. Lynch has better size, but few 6'7" QBs due well so who knows if that is a + or not and he has been healthier

Both are very good prospects with different strengths and weaknesses and it is great to have them, plus Siemian, to all compete to see who wins it.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Ole Miss vs Memphis. Kelly vs Lynch. How about that?

Before the game started, the commentator said Kelly "is a workaholic; comes in before practice, during lunch time, after practice, spends a lot of time in the film room and really picked up this Ole Miss offense quite quickly..."

If that's the case, then he will have a great opportunity in Denver.
    agreed...which is why I say he very well might become our starting QB one day.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I read that on his NFL.com draft profile. They also said things like he throws a nose dive ball when on the move....not sure where that info came from. They did say he was 2 for 12 on deep shots down left sideline...but that is hard to accept without any context for the throws...distance, coverage WR questions etc....
    Yeah I'm not sure either, I don't see it on "tape." Speaking of which, that was an awesome video you posted. I wish there were more examples of each of the characteristics he pointed out, but he made some good points in it. He does seem to anticipate quite well, and even threw a few guys open in tight coverage with pressure in his face. I want to see more but it seems like there's a lot to be excited about with this kid. I was surprised at how well he moved too, hopefully he knows he can't be lowering his shoulder like that anymore though.

Yeah I'm not sure either, I don't see it on "tape." Speaking of which, that was an awesome video you posted. I wish there were more examples of each of the characteristics he pointed out, but he made some good points in it. He does seem to anticipate quite well, and even threw a few guys open in tight coverage with pressure in his face. I want to see more but it seems like there's a lot to be excited about with this kid. I was surprised at how well he moved too, hopefully he knows he can't be lowering his shoulder like that anymore though.
    agreed. Hopefully they can coach that out of him. Gotta love the effort and toughness though.

agreed. Hopefully they can coach that out of him. Gotta love the effort and toughness though.
    That dive against LSU where he got upended in mid air by two guys was helicopter esque though

Thanks man

It isn't your usual highlight video but is actually broken looking for certain things. The guy has quite a few similar ones for other players if you are interested;

Thanks man

It isn't your usual highlight video but is actually broken looking for certain things. The guy has quite a few similar ones for other players if you are interested;
    Sweet, thanks again!

We are slowly getting in to a good position with three young capable quarterbacks

Quote Originally Posted by kona bronco View Post
    We are slowly getting in to a good position with three young capable quarterbacks
    My biggest fear is objectivity, and the choice being in the coaches hands. I think John has pushed to have some of his higher draft picks play when they haven't necessarily earned it. I can kind of understand where he is coming from, but it can be detrimental to the team. I just want to see the best player play, I don't care about their name, heighth, college they attended, round they were taken in, etc. I think its safe to say at some point there will be pressure from all directions for Lynch to play, and start.