Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bolles

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Did any local Denver people catch where Bolles was asked on TV if he knew Derek Wolfe? They showed a clip of Wolfe saying he was going to kick Bolles' a$$ in practice. Bolles acted like he wasn't aware of who Derek Wolfe was, but said they were going to be best friends because of Wolfe's comment.
    Love that attitude and competitive sprit from both there.

That's what we need to get back to the top...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

I want to see bolles and wolf go at it. How awesome would it be for bolles to pancake him in camp?

ABC News showed Bolles' story. Very impressive turn around. I believe he is truly thankful for where he is now and definitely won't do anything to screw this up! I think he is mature and serious about protecting the his QB.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/home...draft-47401328
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I was really not happy with the Bolles pick, I've warmed up to it since it happened. I'm excited to see him in the preseason.

He was the best left tackle in the draft and the Broncos didn't have a left tackle unless anyone thought Stephenson was going to work wonders at that position. I don't get all the boo hooing.

Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    ABC News showed Bolles' story. Very impressive turn around. I believe he is truly thankful for where he is now and definitely won't do anything to screw this up! I think he is mature and serious about protecting the his QB.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/home...draft-47401328
    Hey, thanks for this! Very cool to watch. I hope he can keep his head on straight and compete to show he's worthy of being an NFL lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I was really not happy with the Bolles pick, I've warmed up to it since it happened. I'm excited to see him in the preseason.

I feel the very same. My heart kinda sank when I heard the pick being announced. I drank a little more than I'd like to admit too. But I've since come to accept it and move on. Hopefully we get a good lineman. If not; we chalk it up to another dud. We've had our fair share of those for an organization.
    Last edited by Strip Sacked; 05-17-2017 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    He was the best left tackle in the draft and the Broncos didn't have a left tackle unless anyone thought Stephenson was going to work wonders at that position. I don't get all the boo hooing.
    I think most have warmed up to it by now. Not a lot of boo hooing anymore. Think a lot of it has to do with how happy people are with the rest of the draft though as well.

For those who have been saying that Bolle's age was a negative, I would say it is a positive at least in one aspect, he seems to have gotten past the kid mentality and now he has his "man body" and thinks like a man. Many 22 year old draftees still have their High School physique and it isn't til mid-20s do you get your "man body" (this is just my opinion). See quote below about last year's 2nd round pick Gotsis, Derek Wolfe said he needed to mature. That could have been the case if we got one of the other OT available at that draft pick but at least in this aspect, I see it as a positive.

"He's putting some weight on and he's getting stronger," Wolfe said. "You've just got to mature. He's a young kid still. He's just got to mature. As time goes on, he's starting to get it more and more."
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-5e5ff2225243

Another example, where Ron Leary is talking about Bolles age and maturity.

If there’s one thing working in Bolles’ favor, though, it’s his relative maturity compared to others drafted in the first round. He’ll be 25 years old by the time the Broncos kick off the season against the Los Angeles Chargers in September, and Leary thinks that’s an advantage for the first-year player.

“He’s 25, so he’s a grown man,” said Leary, who called Bolles to congratulate him in the days after the draft. “He talks like a grown man. He approaches the game like a grown man. And he wants to play ball.”
    Last edited by haciendadad; 05-18-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I'll admit, I wasn't real happy with the Bolles pick. I thought it was a bad pick considering who was still on the board, but I think it's going to end up alright. I'm warming up to him.

We drafted the best OT in the draft.
    For the "he's ty #2 crowd" - pls show me videoes of him getting over powered. Oh yeah those videos don't exist.

Love the pick. As critical as I was of last years draft I'm as optimistic about this years...Love this years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by oklahomabronco View Post
    We drafted the best OT in the draft.
    For the "he's ty #2 crowd" - pls show me videoes of him getting over powered. Oh yeah those videos don't exist.

Love the pick. As critical as I was of last years draft I'm as optimistic about this years...Love this years draft.
    he's going to need to pick up some weight since he was last listed at 298 pounds, in my opinion. There probably isn't as much film of him getting dominated because he has played the last year against players many developmental years below him.

I'm relatively certain he is going to start, but opposing defenses are going to test every bit of him with their best edge rushers. The defenses aren't going to be as favorable of a match up to him as they were in college, so we'll see if he can adjust quickly to defenders who are playing in their prime years.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    he's going to need to pick up some weight since he was last listed at 298 pounds, in my opinion. There probably isn't as much film of him getting dominated because he has played the last year against players many developmental years below him.

I'm relatively certain he is going to start, but opposing defenses are going to test every bit of him with their best edge rushers. The defenses aren't going to be as favorable of a match up to him as they were in college, so we'll see if he can adjust quickly to defenders who are playing in their prime years.
    The same is true for every rookie....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The same is true for every rookie....
    true, but Bolles role if he starts will be of particular importance compared to our other rookies, since he'll be protecting the blind side of the QB. I'd imagine that DC's will plan around this
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 05-19-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

In the event Garrett Bolles starts at LT, I guess McCoy could be pass heavy out of 11 personnel Spread Formations and just throw him into the deep end and see what happens.

Or, there are things that can be done with formations and play calling that can help Garrett acclimatize to the NFL. There will be good pass rushers against whom he can practice in order to help him prepare.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

[QUOTE=TheAsianPA;5579727]true, but Bolles role if he starts will be of particular importance compared to our other rookies, since he'll be protecting the blind side of the QB. I'd imagine that DC's will plan around this[/QUOTE]

No more than if they were planning around Ty Sambrailo, Donald Stephenson, or Michael Schofield playing Left Tackle.